PDA

View Full Version : recent ILR application anyone?

dondi
29th January 2008, 18:55
Hi

Is there anyone here who just recently applied for ILR on SET(M) by post and already got the results? I posted my application on 3 Jan 08 (previous visa to expire 31/01) and haven't heard anything yet. Am I just being too impatient or is HO being too slow?

Hope to hear your experiences regarding waiting times.

Thanks

Dondi

LadyJ
29th January 2008, 21:15
You should received their acknowledgment letter after a week or so, after you post your application or check your bank account if they have taken the visa fee.

dondi
29th January 2008, 21:56
Thanks LadyJ for the reply.

Yes, I've received the acknowledgement letter about a week after I posted the application and they've definitely taken out the payment from our joint account.

Does that mean they're still processing it?

Hope to get the visa soon..

walesrob
29th January 2008, 22:33
As long as you have the acknowledgment and taken the payment, they are processing the application. All you need to do is relax and wait for it to come back with a nice shiny ILR stamp in the passport.

LadyJ
29th January 2008, 22:37
yes that means your application is on process. it will take a few weeks or months before they give you the result.

dondi
29th January 2008, 23:29
Oh I hope it won't take months!!!

Thanks and 'll keep you posted..

joebloggs
30th January 2008, 10:58
usually it takes around 4 wks

but the website says their still processing nov's app

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/ukresidency/waitingtimes/

so you could be waiting a few more weeks :cwm24:

as long as they have your app it doesn't matter if your visa expires. your ok til they tell you the result.

dondi
31st January 2008, 21:19
Hi everyone

I got my ILR stamp today, yehey!! It was approved 26 Jan and sent out to us very quickly.

No need to wait 14 weeks and the waiting times advice in the BIA website isn't exactly reliable.. Got my approval in exactly 4 weeks.

Thanks everyone for your support and friendly messages.

vbkelly
31st January 2008, 22:39
congratulation dondi

Mrs.JMajor
1st February 2008, 05:16
wow great......congratulationnn :icon_win: cheers

kimmi
1st February 2008, 14:13
my heartfelt congratulations dondi...well done!!!

aug06_2006
1st February 2008, 16:35
brilliant result congrats dondi!