PDA

View Full Version : UK Tourist visa Duration

mavid
18th February 2008, 18:55
Hi everyone again...I just need an advice to those that have been granted a 6 months tourist visa to the UK.

If the consul asks you how long do you plan to stay in the Uk...and answered 3months...and was given a 6months visa...Do you still need to go back within the 3months...or is it ok to stay within the 6months?

I am just a little confused about it...

Thanks!

Emy

john sergison
18th February 2008, 19:00
hi emy

you stay for the amount of time your visa states.
if it is stamped 6 months then thats how long you can stay unlee you want to go back phil early. lol

regards john:xxgrinning--00xx3:

winner
18th February 2008, 19:02
you can stay for 6months if you have visa for 6months

gracia143
18th February 2008, 19:08
And make sure to come home before the visa expires, that way you won't have worries when you apply for another visa. Good luck Mavid!

mavid
18th February 2008, 19:09
Thanks John & Winner for that very fast reply! :)

I asked that coz i happen to bumped into a website saying this and it alarmed me lol

"The Embassy will ask the applicant how long they intend to remain in the UK. If the answer is ‘one month’ they will still normally issue a six month visa. If the applicant stays longer than a month this will severely jeopardise any future visa applications and they will normally be refused."

Thanks Again...much appreciated

gemini63
18th February 2008, 19:35
Thanks John & Winner for that very fast reply! :)

I asked that coz i happen to bumped into a website saying this and it alarmed me lol

"The Embassy will ask the applicant how long they intend to remain in the UK. If the answer is ‘one month’ they will still normally issue a six month visa. If the applicant stays longer than a month this will severely jeopardise any future visa applications and they will normally be refused."

Thanks Again...much appreciated

maybe its best just to tell them that u will just stay one month on ur application coz they will auto issue a six mos multiple..like what i did...coz one of my friend said 4 mos she was denied... i said only one month on mine..but the truth i will stay longer but less than 6 mos of course...so when granted i got open date on my return with in 6 mos...

gemini63
18th February 2008, 20:00
Hi everyone again...I just need an advice to those that have been granted a 6 months tourist visa to the UK.

If the consul asks you how long do you plan to stay in the Uk...and answered 3months...and was given a 6months visa...Do you still need to go back within the 3months...or is it ok to stay within the 6months?

I am just a little confused about it...

Thanks!

Emy

hv you granted a visitors visa already?are you still in the phil now? about me im still here in uk and going back to phil next week but il go back here on march again...

mavid
18th February 2008, 21:09
I'm still here...I just wanted to clarify that issue...it's just good to stack up on the information in the meantime...lol

thanks gemini63

mavid
18th February 2008, 21:10
Maraming Salamat Gracia!

PeterB
19th February 2008, 05:28
On Ruby's application, we stated a duration of visit 'up to six months'. She received her visa, delivered to Tagum, in just seven days.

mavid
19th February 2008, 13:31
Hi PeterB...did u make an itinerary for the whole six months?...That makes sense just saying.."up to six months" sounds safer.

mavid
19th February 2008, 14:00
Follow Up question...When they consul asked her:

How long do you plan to stay in the UK?

Did she answered..."up to six months"?