PDA

View Full Version : Got our Visa

lanstuart
19th February 2008, 13:57
Hi Everyone

Lanie got her spouse visa yesterday !!

We submitted her application on Jan11 and it arrived yesterday - Just over 5 weeks

No interview required

I went on-line yesterday and booked our flights , I'm going out there to pick her up next month, have a few days in Borcay and then fly back together

I'm so happy - this is the start of the rest of our lives

Stuart - Lanies asawa ko

winner
19th February 2008, 14:01
well done happy for the 2 of you you can start to live again well done

mavid
19th February 2008, 14:02
Congratulations!

Mrs.JMajor
19th February 2008, 14:37
niceeeeeeee ! congratzzzzz:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

:REDancedancer08:

vbkelly
19th February 2008, 15:32
Hi Everyone

Lanie got her spouse visa yesterday !!

We submitted her application on Jan11 and it arrived yesterday - Just over 5 weeks

No interview required

I went on-line yesterday and booked our flights , I'm going out there to pick her up next month, have a few days in Borcay and then fly back together

I'm so happy - this is the start of the rest of our lives

Stuart - Lanies asawa ko

congratz to both of you stuart and lanie

lanstuart
23rd February 2008, 11:51
hello
im happy i got my spouse visa last monday,this tuesday i go CFO for seminar
and hopefully everythings ok,
lanstuart.

chino
23rd February 2008, 17:23
congrats!

andypaul
23rd February 2008, 18:49
Congrats :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Just bear in mind the 28 days after the spouse visa starts your in the UK or start saving for the FLR:NoNo:

Mrs Daddy
23rd February 2008, 18:52
congratulations its celebration:)

gingxrick
24th February 2008, 10:44
Hi ianstuart, yes remember the 28 days from date on visa to enter the uk or it may cause problems when you apply for your ILR. good luck and all the best for the future. Ricky and Ging

tiger@tigress
24th February 2008, 21:24
Congratz

stuartfarm
25th February 2008, 12:29
Yes we are aware of the 28 day rule but unfortunatly Lanie wont arrive within that period ( more like 45 days) .However as the goverment is introducing new rules about immigration in November I guess we just have to wait and see what happens

kimmi
25th February 2008, 12:49
If lanie will be here after the 28 days she will gonna apply for flr..it means u will have to pay again..:(

joebloggs
25th February 2008, 15:08
Yes we are aware of the 28 day rule but unfortunatly Lanie wont arrive within that period ( more like 45 days) .However as the goverment is introducing new rules about immigration in November I guess we just have to wait and see what happens

if you knew she wouldn't be leaving straight away, you could have asked the embassy for the visa to start on a later date, but you can also try and ask the immigration officer when she lands in the uk, wether he will kindly :Hellooo:extend the expiry date... just have a good excuse why thou...worth a try .. wish i had known 3yrs ago :doh

save you money, time and form filling :cwm24:

http://www.britishembassy.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1034348124299

1.3 - Validity of entry clearance and leave to enter
The validity of entry clearance and leave to enter are normally the same. There are two significant dates on the entry clearance, the 'effective' date and the 'expiry' date. In most cases, the 'effective' date will be the date on which the entry clearance is issued. However, some applicants may not intend or be able to travel to the UK immediately following their application and Entry Clearance Officers have discretion to defer the 'effective' date for up to three months after entry clearance has been authorised. Therefore, to prevent unnecessary applications for an extension of stay, Entry Clearance Officers should confirm an applicant’s date of travel. For applicants in long-term categories who are subject to either a qualifying period before applying for settlement, or to a limit on their total length of stay in that category (i.e. work permit holder and their dependants, UK ancestry, au pairs, and working holidaymakers), leave to enter should begin on the date they arrive in the UK (within the three month limit). This will ensure that the maximum leave to which they are entitled is given. Similarly, an Immigration Officer has authority to vary or extend leave where permitted, on arrival in the UK."

andypaul
25th February 2008, 23:27
if you knew she wouldn't be leaving straight away, you could have asked the embassy for the visa to start on a later date, but you can also try and ask the immigration officer when she lands in the uk, wether he will kindly :Hellooo:extend the expiry date... just have a good excuse why thou...worth a try .. wish i had known 3yrs ago :doh

save you money, time and form filling :cwm24:

http://www.britishembassy.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1034348124299

1.3 - Validity of entry clearance and leave to enter
The validity of entry clearance and leave to enter are normally the same. There are two significant dates on the entry clearance, the 'effective' date and the 'expiry' date. In most cases, the 'effective' date will be the date on which the entry clearance is issued. However, some applicants may not intend or be able to travel to the UK immediately following their application and Entry Clearance Officers have discretion to defer the 'effective' date for up to three months after entry clearance has been authorised. Therefore, to prevent unnecessary applications for an extension of stay, Entry Clearance Officers should confirm an applicant’s date of travel. For applicants in long-term categories who are subject to either a qualifying period before applying for settlement, or to a limit on their total length of stay in that category (i.e. work permit holder and their dependants, UK ancestry, au pairs, and working holidaymakers), leave to enter should begin on the date they arrive in the UK (within the three month limit). This will ensure that the maximum leave to which they are entitled is given. Similarly, an Immigration Officer has authority to vary or extend leave where permitted, on arrival in the UK."

Wow usfull advice and possiblly worth a doctors note to say unfit to fly for 20 days or so:Erm: just a thought

tomoboyle2000
26th February 2008, 19:32
congrats to both of you!

LEAHnew
27th February 2008, 09:05
Congratulation:Hellooo::Hellooo::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

Les_lady888
27th February 2008, 14:31
My Congratulations too to both of you!

asiaticgirl
29th April 2008, 08:41
hi ianstuart..congarts...i applied settlement visa...april 2008..waiting the feedback of the eco takes 2-3 months...the result so i hope my visa is ok and no more interview...have a nice trip....