PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Birmingham

marci
3rd March 2008, 13:48
Good day everyone.
I'm from Mindanao, but married for 10 years now to a British guy and we're living and working hard in Birmingham.
Here I have my own little cafe, selling British-style food like bacon sandwiches, sausages and chips, and cups and cups and cups of tea!
One day I'd love to make and sell Pinoy foods too!
Thank you

kimmi
3rd March 2008, 13:49
welcome Marci..:)

Mrs.JMajor
3rd March 2008, 13:51
hello marci:Hellooo: wow id love to hear that making business as i':xxgrinning--00xx3:m business minded since i was 10 yrs old...hmm bet we have lots of common as far as business is concern

And good luck to both of you

scott&ligaya
3rd March 2008, 14:18
welcome,

I will be back in Birmingham next week, I am sure Paul and Anilyn and I will call for a bacon sandwich and a coffee, where is your cafe!!:Hellooo::Hellooo:

Pepe n Pilar
3rd March 2008, 14:53
Hi Marci, welcome to the forum. It was nice to know you're in a food business. I did have my own small eatery business in Manila. Maybe i can get some pointers from you when i plan to open one in the U.K. someday:)

marci
3rd March 2008, 22:24
My cafe is called Angels Cafe, at 197 Warstone Lane, in the Jewellery Quarter in central Birmingham.
You're welcome to visit anytime from 7am to 3.30pm, Mondays to Saturdays.
Maybe you would like to try my double bacon & fried egg sandwich, toasted, with brown sauce?
It's a Birmingham favourite !
And I can say 'Mabuhay' to you.

MadWelsh
3rd March 2008, 22:37
Another Brummie here, well I've lived in Birmingham for near 14 years.. My better half is also from Mindinao, and works as a nurse. greetings :xxgrinning--00xx3:

scott&ligaya
4th March 2008, 03:27
Hi Marci,
Sounds great to me but I am a worcester sauce man despite working at one time right next to the HP factory. Hi Madwelsh, Scott here, looks like we have the makings of a cafe party coming along!!

Mich
4th March 2008, 06:39
Welcome to the forum Marci...

mavid
4th March 2008, 10:47
Welcome to the forum...Fiance is also a Brummie

Pepe n Pilar
4th March 2008, 15:28
Hi Marci, Hope to visit your place soon and try that Brimingham favourite.:)

tiger@tigress
5th March 2008, 21:03
Good day everyone.
I'm from Mindanao, but married for 10 years now to a British guy and we're living and working hard in Birmingham.
Here I have my own little cafe, selling British-style food like bacon sandwiches, sausages and chips, and cups and cups and cups of tea!
One day I'd love to make and sell Pinoy foods too!
Thank you

Wow your not that far i might visit your cafe let me know where exactly it is.... :BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

vbkelly
6th March 2008, 14:15
My cafe is called Angels Cafe, at 197 Warstone Lane, in the Jewellery Quarter in central Birmingham.
You're welcome to visit anytime from 7am to 3.30pm, Mondays to Saturdays.
Maybe you would like to try my double bacon & fried egg sandwich, toasted, with brown sauce?
It's a Birmingham favourite !
And I can say 'Mabuhay' to you.

HI MARCI WELCOME TO THE FORUM,ANYWAY WE ARE NOT FAR AWAY can i visit you oneday?

telford
7th March 2008, 06:55
we'll go there and visit u soon....im also from Mindanao..Agusan del Norte to be exact! My husbands family is from Birmingham as well,Hall Green!!!

KeithD
7th March 2008, 10:01
Birmingham....otherwise known as Asia :xxgrinning--00xx3:

silver13
15th March 2008, 23:56
Birmingham....otherwise known as Asia :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Maybe that's why i didn't miss Philippines that much because when I look at my right and left side, I can see a lot of Asian people even in my place of work :-)

To marci, welcome to the forum, maybe one day we could drop by at your cafe one weekend. Scott & Ligaya, me and Paul just live around the corner:xxgrinning--00xx3: