PDA

View Full Version : life in the uk test

alicat
8th March 2008, 13:52
hello everyone,any experience about life in the uk test?my husband schedule
my test on the 28th,this is my first attempt,any advice?tnx..

LadyJ
8th March 2008, 14:17
Study chapter 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. Arrive early before the test time or else they wont let you in and they wont give you a refund.

goodluck

alicat
8th March 2008, 15:26
thanks a lot..did u fast ur test?is it difficult?

fred
8th March 2008, 15:37
did u fast ur test?is it difficult?
No not fast,I was a bit slow but I still passed!!
Easy peasy!!

alicat
8th March 2008, 15:40
good for you..did u fast in just first attempt?im a little bit scared

fred
8th March 2008, 16:16
Is this a wind up or what?

LadyJ
8th March 2008, 16:41
:icon_lol::icon_lol:

alicat
8th March 2008, 16:46
sorry..im just wondering!coz my friend fast the test in second attempt..thats all!

fred
8th March 2008, 16:50
Alicat..
Sorry I was just joking..
Like I said,Im from Herts so no need to take the test..(I`d probably fail miserably anyway!!)
I know that there are lots of people here that can advise you..
Its really late here now..so I`ll say Goodnight!!

LadyJ
8th March 2008, 16:55
Hi alicat, I think you meant to say 'Pass' not fast.

Anyway as I said above you must study the book, yourself can only tell if you are confident enough to take the test.

Instead of asking how did the others pass their test I think you should better start reading the book. If you fail the test you need to re-take the test again.

And also dont forget to bring your ID or passport.

andypaul
8th March 2008, 18:02
get some test questions and see how you do.

If you search on this forum you will find posts with some examples questions and links to websites that can help you.

Good Luck

joebloggs
8th March 2008, 20:45
as andy said, use the search function on here, its been covered a few times..

my wife and stepson passed first time, and they only studied for a couple of weeks, if that..

good luck thou :xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
8th March 2008, 20:59
Maybe they have to starve themselves before the test these days :Erm:

robeth
8th March 2008, 21:06
I just took the test feb 29 and passed tho I need to apply for ILR at the end of the year 2008.

the certificate they issued have to date on it so it doesnt matter if you take it earlier. (out of topic i know!!) i just want it out of the way....(the test)

btw, you can try this practice test online ( NOTE: After reading the recommended chapters in the Book)

Goodluck!

ervenescence
8th March 2008, 21:08
Is this a wind up or what?

roflmao :icon_lol:

robeth
8th March 2008, 21:10
the certificate they issued have NO date on it so it doesnt matter if you take it earlier.

Goodluck!

If you have a good memory retention, you only have to read the book a few times and then you can take the test.

scotsfiancee
8th March 2008, 21:15
I took the test last feb 27 and i passed. Though won't apply ILR till the first month of 2009.

Test are pretty easy! im sure u will pass after reading for a week :cwm24:

One i encountered.

TRUE OR FALSE

Are british women have the legal rights to divorce their legal husband?
:Rasp:

KeithD
8th March 2008, 22:18
I bet our politicians would fail the test :NoNo:

telford
9th March 2008, 08:24
Good luck to me:bigcry: I think I am the only person here thats so hard headed and not using my head.coz i stay here in Philippines for more than a year now with my husband and just think about my status that i need to take a test and apply for ILR before Oct.05,2008 (my visa expires)...Trouble is my husband got redundency before we came here in Phils.,meaning he have no job now :bigcry: we have no documents to show to the home office except our savings account in Nationwide and our saving here in Phils both joint account. and his passport that shows he's also in Phils while I'm here. I'm sure I gonna have a huge problem regarding my ILR application. We're planning to go back to the UK when the British Passport of my 7months baby girl will arrive hopefully end this month!!! Anyway I will let U know guys what will happen to my application :doh

alicat
9th March 2008, 11:49
a big thanks to everyone.

Alan
9th March 2008, 12:19
The whole think is bloody ridiculous to me!

How many 'foreigners' do we have in UK who cannot even speak a word of English? Yet they are allowed to stay because they are from 'acceptable' countries.

Al.:cwm23:

KeithD
9th March 2008, 13:11

How many 'foreigners' do we have in UK who cannot even speak a word of English? Yet they are allowed to stay because they are from 'acceptable' countries.

You can use the rules retrospective though, we have to start somewhere. I have no problem with any of the new rules, only with the pricing.

kimmi
9th March 2008, 13:24
Congrats Robeth and Scott on passing the Life in the UK Test and goodluck to Alicat..:)

andypaul
9th March 2008, 14:16

I know the Welsh think the same of Mr Admin:D

joebloggs
9th March 2008, 14:30
I know the Welsh think the same of Mr Admin:D

:icon_lol:

maybe its ok for the english there not to speak welsh, as the english civilised them :xxparty-smiley-004:, just as the mancs tried and are still trying with the scousers :NoNo:

this really gets me :cwm23:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2008/03/03/nmigrant303.xml

pay for your own :furious3: english lessons, those from outside europe have to pay, so why should the employer or tax payer pay have to pay for the non british europeans here

:ARsurrender:

ervenescence
9th March 2008, 14:38
Hi alicat,
You can try to test yourself here... theres questions and answers for you to practice. http://www.knoowgle.com/Citizenship/UK/CitizenshipTest/

it might help you, and see how did you get on.

alicat
9th March 2008, 15:51
Hi alicat,
You can try to test yourself here... theres questions and answers for you to practice. http://www.knoowgle.com/Citizenship/UK/CitizenshipTest/

it might help you, and see how did you get on.

thanks...this has helped a lot.