PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

cruisingkerry
8th March 2008, 18:33
hi everyone,

this is my first visit and post to this site.

I am a 36 year old English woman living in the North East of England. I have just returned home after working on cruise ships for 10 years and am ready to settle down.;

My fiance is Filipino, I met him on board ship and we are planning on making a life together here in the UK. He is still on board and his contract finishes at the end of July so I have a few months to get settled and some money in the bank to make it easier for him to get a visa.

If there's any one out there in a similar situation or has been through the same thing I'd be really happy to get any advice or information from you.

I'm a registered nurse and have just secured a job in a NHS walk in centre, which I am extremely happy about.

I'm looking forward to my new life here back at home and am looking forward even more to when Bert can come here and we can start the rest of our lves together.

Thanks for reading
Kerry x

aromulus
8th March 2008, 18:51
hi everyone,

I am a 36 year old English woman living in the North East of England. I have just returned home after working on cruise ships for 10 years and am ready to settle down.;

My fiance is Filipino, I met him on board ship and we are planning on making a life together here in the UK. He is still on board and his contract finishes at the end of July so I have a few months to get settled and some money in the bank to make it easier for him to get a visa.

If there's any one out there in a similar situation or has been through the same thing I'd be really happy to get any advice or information from you.

I'm a registered nurse and have just secured a job in a NHS walk in centre, which I am extremely happy about.

I'm looking forward to my new life here back at home and am looking forward even more to when Bert can come here and we can start the rest of our lves together.

Thanks for reading
Kerry x

First of all ... A warm welcome... Aboard.
Don't mind the landlubbers around here, they don't know the difference between portside, starboard and their :butthead::butthead:...

But what they know tho, is a real mine of information. Read the forum, use the search facility, because the question you may ask, will have been answered already at one point or the other. (Admin Shouldn't be too bad today as Liverpool comfortably beat Newcastle and UTD lost to Pompey)
Most important....... Have fun.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

This Bert............???:Erm:

andypaul
8th March 2008, 18:57
Welcome Kerry and bert. I hope you have a happy life together:xxgrinning--00xx3:

ervenescence
8th March 2008, 18:59
Welcome kerry,

Wow, I think you are the first brit woman member here whose bf is a filipino. What is it like being in a cruiseship for 10 years?

Anyway, we are a friendly bunch here..so feel free to ask any questions:)

cruisingkerry
8th March 2008, 19:06
Thanks for the welcome.

Its been a blast living and working on ships. Seen a lot fo the world, met loads of excellent people, including, of course, my husband to be.

I kind of figured we are a unusual combination!

Kerry

ervenescence
8th March 2008, 19:29
Thanks for the welcome.

Its been a blast living and working on ships. Seen a lot fo the world, met loads of excellent people, including, of course, my husband to be.

I kind of figured we are a unusual combination!

Kerry

You are lucky to have seen many places, im thinking about going on the cruiship one day, not to work though, going for a holiday i mean..hehe.

You think that both of you are an unusual combination. Theres nothing wrong with that, I often think that me and hubby are unique combination as well. People around you might raise their eyebrows, but don't worry about them, just ignore. :)

Mrs.JMajor
9th March 2008, 03:11
welcome kerry ,:Hellooo:

Sim11UK
9th March 2008, 07:55
I wondered, whether there was anyone on here doing it the other way round?
I've not been on here very long, but I've had some invaluable information, off many of the members already.

Anyway, welcome & I wish you both the very best of luck :)

pennybarry
9th March 2008, 08:19
Goodluck to you both! Where in Northeast you are? We live in Northeast too

chino
9th March 2008, 10:17
welcome and good luck

Alan
9th March 2008, 11:40
Welcome Kerry. You will like being a member of our 'family' I am sure.

Best thing is - everyone on here is completely sane and sensible and you never find strange humour on here at all.

Al.:)

P.S. Joe, Rob, Keith - have you finished with my whips and chains yet? Hanna is becoming impatient.

Dom - Can I have my magazines back please?

Fred - with only HALF a cucumber. BUT, it must be dipped in a vat of treacle at 3 minutes past midnight.

KeithD
9th March 2008, 11:52
Best thing is - everyone on here is completely sane and sensible and you never find strange humour on here at all.

I think you've confused this forum with your other favourite http://www.topix.com/forum/movies/trainspotting

Alan
9th March 2008, 11:55
'Your partner in Pakistan?????????'

Al.:)

cruisingkerry
9th March 2008, 12:26
To Pennybarry,

I'm in County Durham, where are you?

aromulus
9th March 2008, 14:16
To Pennybarry,

What liner did you use to work on...???:D

(please mantion a real ship.....)

cruisingkerry
9th March 2008, 17:33
I've worked on most of the major cruise lines. Celebrity Galaxy and Century, Disney Magic and Wonder, Sapphire Princess and Emerald Princess, Cunard QM2 and QE2, P&O Oriana, Carnival Paradise, Holland America Amsterdam and Volendam. And thats about it.

I'll be going back to the QE2 for a short contract at the end of this month too.

Its going to be quite a challenge making a new life and new friends fo myself and of course for Bert when he gets here! If anyone is in the North of England please shout up!

aromulus
9th March 2008, 17:42
[quote=cruisingkerry;56764]
I'll be going back to the QE2 for a short contract at the end of this month too.
quote]
Give the Grand Old Lady of the Seas a kiss for me...:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Miss the "pig and Whistle" to bits. :bigcry:

And if you see "Doris" In the old "Columbia" tell him for me that I still think of him a real :censored:....

Happy sailing "mate".

Mrs Daddy
9th March 2008, 17:47
Hi kerry welcome to the forum :)feel free to browse information here!

cruisingkerry
9th March 2008, 17:53
[quote=cruisingkerry;56764]
quote]
Give the Grand Old Lady of the Seas a kiss for me...:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Miss the "pig and Whistle" to bits. :bigcry:

And if you see "Doris" In the old "Columbia" tell him for me that I still think of him a real :censored:....

Happy sailing "mate".

Were you on the QE2 a well? when? Looking forward to getting back into the "foxy whites"

BTW I tried opening the photo attachement you put on your first message, but the site won't let me, I'm on restricted access, probably because I'm jsut very new :bigcry:

KeithD
9th March 2008, 19:06
Joe's been working for Her Majesty as well :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Usually toilet cleaning in Strangeways :D

tomm
9th March 2008, 20:23
I've worked on most of the major cruise lines. Celebrity Galaxy and Century, Disney Magic and Wonder, Sapphire Princess and Emerald Princess, Cunard QM2 and QE2, P&O Oriana, Carnival Paradise, Holland America Amsterdam and Volendam. And thats about it.

Its going to be quite a challenge making a new life and new friends fo myself and of course for Bert when he gets here! If anyone is in the North of England please shout up!

Very impressive list of ships there... lucky you :xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
9th March 2008, 20:29
Very impressive list of ships there... lucky you :xxgrinning--00xx3:
I've been on the Mersey Ferry :D

joebloggs
9th March 2008, 20:57
I've been on the Mersey Ferry :D

yes scouser keith, you've also been to an impressive list of her Majesty's Finest establishments around the north west, having stayed in Altcourse,BuckleyHall,ForestBank,Garth,Haverigg,Hindley,Kennet,Kirkham,Lancaster Castle,Lancaster Farms,Liverpool,Manchester,Preston,Risley,Styal,Thorn Cross,Wymott :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sim11UK
9th March 2008, 21:41
I used to have a rubber dinghy :xxanimal-smiley-085

KeithD
9th March 2008, 22:00
I used to have a rubber dinghy :xxanimal-smiley-085
Never heard of that sex toy before :Erm:

aromulus
9th March 2008, 22:05

Isn't that what that copper in Rhyl used with that druggie manc berd....???:Erm::Erm:

I wouldn't have touched her with yours......... And I am dead sure you wouldn't have let me use it either.......:NoNo:

Sim11UK
9th March 2008, 22:15

It was big enough for two :xxgrinning--00xx3: :BouncyHappy:

andypaul
9th March 2008, 22:41
It was big enough for two :xxgrinning--00xx3: :BouncyHappy:

Where did you put the Oars?

KeithD
10th March 2008, 10:01

You put an oars in a stable! :Erm:

kimmi
10th March 2008, 13:12
welcome kerry...:)

charlwill
10th March 2008, 13:16
Welcome to the forum.

Sim11UK
10th March 2008, 14:51

R******s!!!!! :BouncyHappy:

mavid
10th March 2008, 15:52
Welcome Kerry!

aromulus
11th March 2008, 08:33
[quote=aromulus;56765]

Were you on the QE2 a well? when? Looking forward to getting back into the "foxy whites"

BTW I tried opening the photo attachement you put on your first message, but the site won't let me, I'm on restricted access, probably because I'm jsut very new :bigcry:

Did quite a few contracts in the 90ies as Wine Steward, very enjoyable time, despite the long hours and the :censored:tMaitreD'.....

Also in the same capacity, with RCCL on most of their ships. But I Enjoyed working on the smaller ones better, like The Song of Norway and The Nordic Prince, Which incidentally now, the latter, has had more re-naming than I had hot dinners on board....
Aquamarine (http://www.simplonpc.co.uk/RCI_NordicPrincePCs.html#anchor116629) - Louis Hellenic Cruises: 2004- Arielle (http://www.simplonpc.co.uk/RCI_NordicPrincePCs.html#anchor116629) - Transocean Tours (charter): 2006- Carousel (http://www.simplonpc.co.uk/RCI_NordicPrincePCs.html#anchor663321) - Airtours/Sun Cruises/MyTravel: 1994-2004 Nordic Prince (http://www.simplonpc.co.uk/RCI_NordicPrincePCs.html#anchor100364) - Royal Caribbean: 1971-1994 Pity really.

cruisingkerry
11th March 2008, 22:35
I've found that most Maitre d's are:furious3:, Berts boss is the maitre d..... poor thing!

andypaul
12th March 2008, 00:08
You put an oars in a stable! :Erm:

How else will i row my horse:Erm:

KeithD
12th March 2008, 10:10
How else will i row my horse:Erm:
....Gently down the stream.....

Pepe n Pilar
12th March 2008, 13:14
Hi Kerry welcome to the friendly forum:)

andypaul
12th March 2008, 20:03
....Gently down the stream.....

I think my horse needs a kite today

cruisingkerry
23rd March 2008, 21:34
First of all ... A warm welcome... Aboard.
Don't mind the landlubbers around here, they don't know the difference between portside, starboard and their :butthead::butthead:...

But what they know tho, is a real mine of information. Read the forum, use the search facility, because the question you may ask, will have been answered already at one point or the other. (Admin Shouldn't be too bad today as Liverpool comfortably beat Newcastle and UTD lost to Pompey)
Most important....... Have fun.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

This Bert............???:Erm:

Nope not that Bert! LOL :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

pennybarry
1st May 2008, 09:14
To Pennybarry,

Sorry I just read your message today!:D Just busy with my 3 courses these past few weeks.
Will send you private message :xxgrinning--00xx3:. Been to County Durham where my hubby's main office located.

Thanks
penny

pennybarry
1st May 2008, 09:31
I tried to send you private message but failed. :yikes:

sophiarosy
3rd May 2008, 11:58
hello

alicat
3rd May 2008, 12:13
hi sophiarosy,

post a new thread and introduce urself

ApoEagles
3rd May 2008, 13:50
hi everyone,

Thanks for reading
Kerry x

Welcome to the forum cruisingkerry eventhough i can't say anything regarding your case coz i'm still new here and still learning too but i warmly wish you both happiness and may you have a very bless life together and also good luck to all of us here who are on the same boat:)