PDA

View Full Version : Credit check?

friend
11th March 2008, 00:34
Hello,

I'm new here and have done a search but apologies in advance if this is covered and I've missed it. I'm wondering if, as part of the visa application, a credit check is done (on the UK person) with a credit reference agency? I'm really hoping not... :yikes:

thanks - this is such a great resource :)

Friend

walesrob
11th March 2008, 02:12
No credit checks are done as part of an application. Welcome to the forum by the way.

KeithD
11th March 2008, 10:21
Why? Please tell :rolleyes:

You need to prove you can support the applicant, if you do not give the full information, and IND find out, the visa can be revoked.

friend
11th March 2008, 11:24
Thanks Welshrob & win2win. A good friend has fallen in love with a lady in the Philippines and is preparing a file for the embassy, I've been trying to keep abreast of what's needed and help if I can as I so much want this to work out for them both. Supporting his wife will not be a problem now but I know there were late payments etc in the past that are recent enough to be still on his credit file and as such make his credit rating very low. I just suddenly panicked last night that this could cause him to hit a brick wall :Brick:

Friend

kimmi
11th March 2008, 13:00
welcome to the family, friend..:) as far as i know, they dont do credit check but background check..

scott&ligaya
11th March 2008, 16:18
Do not worry, my ex wife in the Uk decided it would be a god idea not to pay some bills for several months whilst i was happily sending money over from HK assuming she was. IT WAS MY OWN FAULT FOR LEAVING BILLS IN JOINT NAMES but at the time of our divorce and for most of the time since we are on good terms so I just forgot to think about the potential problem.Anyway I got 2 ccjs and several defaults on relatively small debts and was only alerted to it by my son. They were esily cleared and I PAID THE £1 for court aknowledgement etc BUT they stay on your credit file for 5 or six years. They have only recently fell off allowing me to open bank accounts etc here. I actually brought up the issue with the ECO ad he stated that he was only interested to see that I could support my new wife and son when they come over. A solid income and reasonable reneted/owned accomodation is enough.

friend
11th March 2008, 17:25
Thank you very much, Scott, that's allayed my fears. I'm one of those people who never worries about a thing on my own behalf and then panic about everyone else's business!

Friend :doh