PDA

View Full Version : Lost Camera!

ervenescence
26th March 2008, 17:59
A Panasonic Lumix digi cam DMC-FX 10

Been to Paris for a holyweek holiday. Everything was great, apart from crappy weather.
We crossed the channel tunnel with the Eurostar, it was good with meals included and the choice of your drink, champagne, red/white wine. Everything was doing fine until we realise that we lost our camera when we arrived in St. Pancras London. :NoNo:
Im a bit sad because we took a lot of quite good memories there, although I still got some pics from my mobile but photos in a proper cameras are a lot better quality.

But heehoo.:doh

I hope I will re-unite with my camera one day if theres still have honest people out there.

alicat
26th March 2008, 18:13
paris..one of my favorite place
re-unite with your camera?well goodluck:NoNo::NoNo:

scott&ligaya
26th March 2008, 18:21
Sad that you lost your camera, but if it any consolation there are honst people out there. last year I left a Sony Viao lap top and an 02 MINI Pda on a trike in Puerto Princessa. I feared the worst after local radio appeals and contact with the trike riders associaton failed and even with a 10 000 peso reward nothing came to light. THREE WEEKS later my wife had a phone call from a friend of the trike driver who finally figured out how to use PDA's phonebook and they saw a globe type filipino entry in amongst all my Hong Kong and Chinese business contacts. They had been trying to contact us but did not know how to use the laptop or PDA and had not heard the appeals as they lived a bit out of town and the trike was broken. As you can imagine we were stunned and quickly arranged to get them. We paid for the repairs and he had to persuaded to take 5000 pesos as he said he it was too much and could we give it to his church!!! Wow! we were completely flabbergasted and will never forget this man's honesty. I hope you are as lucky.

KeithD
26th March 2008, 18:47
Would you like to replace it with a nice watch? :D

jimcarie
26th March 2008, 20:11

does the watch have a camera ?:Erm:

A_flyer
26th March 2008, 20:42
does the watch have a camera ?:Erm:
and a MP3 reader?

A_flyer
26th March 2008, 20:50

Been to Paris for a holyweek holiday. Everything was great, apart from crappy weather.
We crossed the channel tunnel with the Eurostar, it was good with meals included and the choice of your drink, champagne, red/white wine. Everything was doing fine until we realise that we lost our camera when we arrived in St. Pancras London.
See with the Lost&Found at St Pancras station if you lose it in Eurostar. If it was in Paris, it's here (sorry it's all in French, ask me if you need a translation) http://www.prefecture-police-paris.interieur.gouv.fr/demarches/article/service_objets_trouves.htm
It's kept for 1 year but you have to go there to recognize it and get it back.

But ... I'm afraid it was may be stolen unfortunately!

andypaul
26th March 2008, 20:53
Sad that you lost your camera, but if it any consolation there are honst people out there. last year I left a Sony Viao lap top and an 02 MINI Pda on a trike in Puerto Princessa. I feared the worst after local radio appeals and contact with the trike riders associaton failed and even with a 10 000 peso reward nothing came to light. THREE WEEKS later my wife had a phone call from a friend of the trike driver who finally figured out how to use PDA's phonebook and they saw a globe type filipino entry in amongst all my Hong Kong and Chinese business contacts. They had been trying to contact us but did not know how to use the laptop or PDA and had not heard the appeals as they lived a bit out of town and the trike was broken. As you can imagine we were stunned and quickly arranged to get them. We paid for the repairs and he had to persuaded to take 5000 pesos as he said he it was too much and could we give it to his church!!! Wow! we were completely flabbergasted and will never forget this man's honesty. I hope you are as lucky.

What a great story and great how the karma meant the Guy got his bike fixed, the Church got some im sure much needed funds and you got your bits back:xxgrinning--00xx3:

A_flyer
26th March 2008, 20:55

We crossed the channel tunnel with the Eurostar, it was good with meals included and the choice of your drink, champagne, red/white wine. Everything was doing fine until we realise that we lost our camera when we arrived in St. Pancras London.
See with the Lost&Found at St Pancras station if you lose it in Eurostar. If it was in Paris, it's here (sorry it's all in French, ask le if you need a translation) http://www.prefecture-police-paris.interieur.gouv.fr/demarches/article/service_objets_trouves.htm

But ... I'm afraid it was may be stolen... unfortunately!

KeithD
26th March 2008, 22:12
and a MP3 reader?
I can get you one of those :D

love8888
26th March 2008, 23:22
I wish any body found this camera take the camera but please send all picture :BouncyHappy:

Gavanddal
27th March 2008, 00:08
I'm in France again next week so if I find your camera I'll let you know. :NoNo:

LEAHnew
27th March 2008, 04:54
:omg:Sorry to hear that my friend:cwm34: Anyway there's a lot of time to go back again :xxgrinning--00xx3: Look at the brightside :) indeed, you had a great time together :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Send me the pics from your mobile I'll try to enhance and modify it and put u there in Paris View:D:Rasp::Rasp:

cheers,
Leah

chino
27th March 2008, 09:12
sorry to hear that.... i also lost my camera with 900pics on (1gig memory card on a 2mega pixel camera) back in 06 and i was gutted... now i back everything up!

KeithD
27th March 2008, 09:37
I have a photographic memory, no need for a camera :xxgrinning--00xx3: ......bit of a problem doing the prints though :rolleyes:

ervenescence
27th March 2008, 13:04
See with the Lost&Found at St Pancras station if you lose it in Eurostar. If it was in Paris, it's here (sorry it's all in French, ask me if you need a translation) http://www.prefecture-police-paris.interieur.gouv.fr/demarches/article/service_objets_trouves.htm

But ... I'm afraid it was may be stolen unfortunately!

We phoned the Eurostar lost and found number in London twice already and it doesn't sound so good. :NoNo:
I might give it a try in Paris, but can you translate it for me, if you don't mind. Do they have a contact number, so that I can telephone them?.

And I think you're right, the theft bugger has had it with them :angry::bigcry:

Thank you Yves :)

ervenescence
27th March 2008, 13:09

Free? :D

Maybe on Christmas, one of my wishlists :)

Are you the sister company of Argos? lol

ervenescence
27th March 2008, 13:16
I wish any body found this camera take the camera but please send all picture :BouncyHappy:

I don't mind if they took the camera, just return the memory card please... :cwm34:

Send me the pics from your mobile I'll try to enhance and modify it and put u there in Paris View:D:Rasp::Rasp:

Actually gurl, I donwloaded some of my pics in friendster from my mobile, they don't look too bad. Just take a look if you have time. :)

I'm in France again next week so if I find your camera I'll let you know. :NoNo:

Hehe, I wish :Rasp:

A_flyer
27th March 2008, 19:39
We phoned the Eurostar lost and found number in London twice already and it doesn't sound so good. :NoNo:
I might give it a try in Paris, but can you translate it for me, if you don't mind. Do they have a contact number, so that I can telephone them?.

And I think you're right, the theft bugger has had it with them :angry::bigcry:

Thank you Yves :)
Send me a PM with your precise itinary, date and time and the last place you had your camera in hand (and time). I will call for you, it's all in French!

andypaul
27th March 2008, 20:30
Don't forget to retry St pancras Lost propety or whoever deals with the Eurostar cleaners in the UK end. As it may take a little while i guess to actually get processed.

ervenescence
27th March 2008, 20:40
Send me a PM with your precise itinary, date and time and the last place you had your camera in hand (and time). I will call for you, it's all in French!

Sent you a pm Yves, thanks for the help :)

love8888
27th March 2008, 23:37
don't worry Erve once you've lost something valuable you'll found worth than that,i knew how the feelings when you've lost some of your memorable moments:bigcry: