PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Me

TONY73
27th March 2008, 21:27
Hello everyone !
I am Tony from the UK.

I met the most wonderful filipino woman several months ago and we love each other very much and want to get married this coming november in the Philippines.
Please please could somebody advise us on what to do and what we will need, we plan to marry and then come back to the UK together.
please any advice would be so appriciate

walesrob
27th March 2008, 21:41
Use search!!!!!!!!! We've answered questions like this many many times before. Also take a look at Petes website http://www.british-filipino.com/ and http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/ukresidency/eligibility/partnersandchildren/ for bang up to date info about Visa requirements.

andypaul
27th March 2008, 21:43
Evening Tony

Before we try and help you a few questions you need to answer to help the two of you.

1. Are you both Single and able to marry?

2. Do you between the two of you have the funds to pay for trips to phill by you and for visa fees and to pay for all the paperworks involved.

3. Do you both realise that although a fairly simple procedure it can in parts test the patience of a saint?

Before rushing in make sure everything is in place first otherwise you can make a mountain out of a molehill.

TONY73
27th March 2008, 22:00
Evening Tony

Before we try and help you a few questions you need to answer to help the two of you.

1. Are you both Single and able to marry?

2. Do you between the two of you have the funds to pay for trips to phill by you and for visa fees and to pay for all the paperworks involved.

3. Do you both realise that although a fairly simple procedure it can in parts test the patience of a saint?

Before rushing in make sure everything is in place first otherwise you can make a mountain out of a molehill.

Thankyou my friend.
The answer is yes,we are both single and able to marry.
Yes we do have the funds in place for all the things you mentioned in point 2,
and finally yes we are ready for the testing of our patience,it will all be worth it to be with the one i love.

KeithD
27th March 2008, 22:07
Read Pete's site http://www.british-filipino.com/

andypaul
27th March 2008, 22:53
Thankyou my friend.
The answer is yes,we are both single and able to marry.
Yes we do have the funds in place for all the things you mentioned in point 2,
and finally yes we are ready for the testing of our patience,it will all be worth it to be with the one i love.

As the others say you need to (and your Mahal also) read though this and the other sites mentioned particularly petes.

Your notice on this site people give it to you straight and the others are basically saying we all been there. But you need to do some basic reading as its a path most on here have already followed.
Its not just about procedure and paperwork its about the emotional aspects.
Remeber your Mahal when she gets her Visa, will have to move to a totally allien culture where she knows few people and away from her family.

From this site and others of a similar nature as well as the support and straight talk you will get here. You learn far more from others experiences wheter its about what foods learn to love in the Uk, what filipinas miss most in the UK to the cheapest way to phone or send money over.
Another really useful part of this site is that sometimes a couple will have a misunderstanding which when talked about on here can be undersrtood due to the differeces in culture and background.

So my advice is spend a few days reading all you can and just join in the chat and enjoy your stay on Mr Admins site:xxgrinning--00xx3:

TONY73
27th March 2008, 23:19
As the others say you need to (and your Mahal also) read though this and the other sites mentioned particularly petes.

Your notice on this site people give it to you straight and the others are basically saying we all been there. But you need to do some basic reading as its a path most on here have already followed.
Its not just about procedure and paperwork its about the emotional aspects.
Remeber your Mahal when she gets her Visa, will have to move to a totally allien culture where she knows few people and away from her family.

From this site and others of a similar nature as well as the support and straight talk you will get here. You learn far more from others experiences wheter its about what foods learn to love in the Uk, what filipinas miss most in the UK to the cheapest way to phone or send money over.
Another really useful part of this site is that sometimes a couple will have a misunderstanding which when talked about on here can be undersrtood due to the differeces in culture and background.

So my advice is spend a few days reading all you can and just join in the chat and enjoy your stay on Mr Admins site:xxgrinning--00xx3:

THANKYOU VERY MUCH !
WILL FOLLOW THE ADVICE,THANKS AGAIN !

ginapeterb
28th March 2008, 08:45
I cannot add anything to this, its all been said. hahahaha

joebloggs
28th March 2008, 12:28
we plan to marry and then come back to the UK together.
please any advice would be so appriciate

:D you could have to wait upto 3 months for her spouse visa, but i think most have to wait around 4wks..

TONY73
28th March 2008, 22:04
:D you could have to wait upto 3 months for her spouse visa, but i think most have to wait around 4wks..

thankyou I hope its not a long wait,
would my wife and i be able to come back to the uk without the spouse visa?

kimmi
29th March 2008, 17:46
welcome to the forum TONY73, ur wife needs to apply for a spouse visa before she can go in the UK..if she prepared all the documents very well I am sure she can have her visa without problems..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Goodluck and Best wishes on ur wedding..:)

andypaul
29th March 2008, 18:26

Nope

A_flyer
29th March 2008, 18:35
You Yes, your Filipina wife NO!

No travel to UK (or Europe) possible without a visa.

alicat
30th March 2008, 13:42

:NoNo::NoNo::doh

kimmi
30th March 2008, 17:50

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::D

TONY73
31st March 2008, 20:28
thankyou people,you're all so kind !
two more questions from me the novice.
these may be silly questions but,
can we apply for spouse visa before we get married ?
and what is "current entry clearance" by the way ?
could anyone explain this please ?

A_flyer
31st March 2008, 20:34
For the Spouse visa, you need to produce the marriage certificate.
So before marriage it's a Fiancé visa and after the marriage it's a Spouse visa.

TONY73
31st March 2008, 21:09
For the Spouse visa, you need to produce the marriage certificate.
So before marriage it's a Fiancé visa and after the marriage it's a Spouse visa.

ive been doing some more reading and it all sounds very daunting,
i plan to go over to the Philippines in october to meet my fiance in the flesh,then we plan to marry while i am there.
we have spent every day either phoning,texting,emailing,chatting online (webcam) and we love each other very much,im just panicking that they won't let her come home with me,i am prepared to wait a while though.
while we wait for a spouse visa after the wedding,could she still come to the uk on a fiance visa?
i can't get my head round all of this ?
please any advice would be so appriciated

andypaul
31st March 2008, 21:31
ive been doing some more reading and it all sounds very daunting,
i plan to go over to the Philippines in october to meet my fiance in the flesh,then we plan to marry while i am there.
we have spent every day either phoning,texting,emailing,chatting online (webcam) and we love each other very much,im just panicking that they won't let her come home with me,i am prepared to wait a while though.
while we wait for a spouse visa after the wedding,could she still come to the uk on a fiance visa?
i can't get my head round all of this ?
please any advice would be so appriciated

Tony first meet your Lady and see if you both are matched.

Enjoy relax and get to know one another. Get Photos of you toegther (both for evidence and for memories when you seperated keep all evidence that you were togeher for your stay.

Now unless you plan you plan to spend months and months out in phill here is no way you will come back together the first time.

From first meeting in june 2004 it was not untill october 2005 untill the Wife was back in he UK.
This entailed alot of effort on both our parts.

Now you can either apply for a fiance visa where you prove you are going to marry in the UK within six monhs but you need to show a relationship so several vists would be required in most cases. Personally i think its needed for the both of you to truely get to know one another as well.

Spouse visa is once your married. Again getting married takes planing and time again several vists required.

You both need to face up to the fact it takes timehh.

Have you read petes website?

A_flyer
31st March 2008, 21:47
I already answer this...

Before marriage it's a Fiancé visa and after the marriage it's a Spouse visa.

Listen Andy. We all here had to wait for a while to be reunited. I know we all would like things to go faster, but whatever visa you will use it will take some time. So be patient and follow the good way. Trying to speed up the system or cheat will make the situation getting worst...

First meet Her and see if you both are matched. Then follow the good process.
Read Pete site too ( www.british-filipino.com (http://www.british-filipino.com) ), there are plenty of good informations there and, of course, look and search in this forum.

andypaul
31st March 2008, 22:03
I already answer this...

Before marriage it's a Fiancé visa and after the marriage it's a Spouse visa.

Listen Andy. We all here had to wait for a while to be reunited. I know we all would like things to go faster, but whatever visa you will use it will take some time. So be patient and follow the good way. Trying to speed up the system or cheat will make the situation getting worst...

First meet Her and see if you both are matched. Then follow the good process.
Read Pete site too ( www.british-filipino.com (http://www.british-filipino.com) ), there are plenty of good informations there and, of course, look and search in this forum.

Oui monsieur. Je le prendrai à bord si je me marie dans le phill encore:D

P.s isn't babel fish clever:D

TONY73
31st March 2008, 22:36
i have spent a lot of time getting to know her as a person,i have no doubts about our compatability.
I understand what you are saying but several visits would cost far too much,that is something i cannot afford.
i plan to go out there on october to start with,we will spend a few weeks together before anything else.
how long would it possibly take for a fiance visa if we applied now?
if we didn't marry in the Philippines could she come over her with her fiance visa,how long would a fiance visa last for ?

LittleFingers
31st March 2008, 22:49
i have spent a lot of time getting to know her as a person,i have no doubts about our compatability.
I understand what you are saying but several visits would cost far too much,that is something i cannot afford.
i plan to go out there on october to start with,we will spend a few weeks together before anything else.
if we didn't marry in the Philippines could she come over her with her fiance visa,how long would a fiance visa last for ?

Tony
im in a similar circumstance to yourself, but I have visited my girlfriend in the Philippines once last year.
You really need to read the information in http://www.british-filipino.com/
A fiance visa requires a certain amount of documentation to be submitted - including evidence that you have met.Im hoping that when I go out again in May we will have enough to include in submitting to the embassy in Manila.
As others will say, nothing 'fast' is going to happen here. there appears to be no quick way of doing things here.
Fiance visa gives your fiance access to the UK for 6 months during which time you need to get married and then apply to stay for 2 years.
start reading http://www.british-filipino.com/

TONY73
31st March 2008, 22:57
thanks, i will read but i can't get my head round so much of it.
is one meeting a requirement,what about all evidence of calls,texts,emails ect
thanks for your help,i will continue to study !

andypaul
31st March 2008, 23:04

Trust me untill you meet someone in person you never know for sure about the person.

Read some of the peoples experiences on here they thought they knew the man or woman and then as the relationship developed something happened or came to light. Im not saying this is the case with your Mahal and you.

if you can't afford several trips how can you look after your Mahal in the UK?

kimmi
1st April 2008, 13:01
just keep on reading some of the threads here TONY and I am sure u will find lots of information..

fiancee visa is for those who wanted to get married in the UK..Spouse visa is for those who are already married in the Philippines..

Like me, I am on a fiancee visa when I came here last December, and its valid for 6months..we got married last friday and right now we are preparing for my visa extension which is called FLR or Further Leave to Remain..

hope it helps..

TONY73
1st April 2008, 18:42
thank you, your help is most appriciated !
i will keep reading

Eljohno
1st April 2008, 18:57
You are some what taking a risk of getting married without actually meeting this girl, why the rush?

You need to keep alot of evidence of your contact so far for starters but is there no way you can go over before you take the plunge?

TONY73
1st April 2008, 22:39
there is no rush,i am not going there till october.