PDA

View Full Version : best way to post supporting letter

phillip
29th March 2008, 09:44
please do you know the fastest and safest way to post my documents to the philippines.last time i sent something it did not arive .that was two months ago.thanks phillip

walesrob
29th March 2008, 09:48
please do you know the fastest and safest way to post my documents to the philippines.last time i sent something it did not arive .that was two months ago.thanks phillip

FedEx or Royal Mail International.

andypaul
29th March 2008, 09:57
I sent all mine Fedex costly but there in days. Also if you say its documents its silghty cheaper as no tax added if i remember correctly.

IainBusby
29th March 2008, 14:11
I sent all mine Fedex costly but there in days. Also if you say its documents its silghty cheaper as no tax added if i remember correctly.

I always use an A4 buff envelope even if it's just a greetings card. Then sandwich whatever you want to send between a few blank sheets of A4 paper and just take it to the post office, tell them it contains documents and the value is nil, then just mail it regular mail not signed for.

In my experience, if it appears to be worthless it's got more chance of getting there and also, in the past when my wife was still in Phils, she twice had to pay duty just to get her greetings card.

Louella & Iain.

phillip
29th March 2008, 21:26
thanks for your help

JAMZ
29th March 2008, 23:20
I had bad experience of using FEDEX here in the UK. I once sent an important document to Manila and they lost it...

I have 100% satisfaction using DHL services - not only documents but for sending goods and stuffs as well...slightly dear though...but worthit than worrying...

andypaul
29th March 2008, 23:50
Fedex did us ok and come to think of it dhl too. Although i think the dhl parcel wa delivered by a third party courier.

I read in some areas the orignal courier will subcontract out or not provide normal service to certain areas. Saying that even in central london many of the large and not so large courier firms will do the same when required.

So worth checking if the Wife knows of a local office for a particular courier firm. Which means a better chance of it getting to you, or picking up the parcel if they couldn't deliver.

The Wife once used LBC which is a big name in phill the card sent over was here very quickly.

Also make sure the address details are very detailled as addresses in phill seem to not be as regulated in some areas as well as they are in britain.

For example one of the Wifes aunts house has no house number its away from the main road and a mare to get deliveries too.

KeithD
30th March 2008, 09:27
I had bad experience of using FEDEX here in the UK. I once sent an important document to Manila and they lost it....
Probably in Terminal 5 :rolleyes:

joebloggs
30th March 2008, 12:54
i've sent docs a few times to the phils using Fedex and DHL, and they've got there in less than 36hrs :xxgrinning--00xx3:

it also depends on what the doc is, the :censored: at the embassy in manila, wanted my latest bank statement, as i applied for the visa mid month so i could only send the last one i had, anyway not willing to pay £50 to get it there in a copule of days, scanned it, emailed to me wifes aunt, who printed out. for some documents they don't have to be originals :xxgrinning--00xx3:

andypaul
30th March 2008, 14:03
i've sent docs a few times to the phils using Fedex and DHL, and they've got there in less than 36hrs :xxgrinning--00xx3:

it also depends on what the doc is, the :censored: at the embassy in manila, wanted my latest bank statement, as i applied for the visa mid month so i could only send the last one i had, anyway not willing to pay £50 to get it there in a copule of days, scanned it, emailed to me wifes aunt, who printed out. for some documents they don't have to be originals :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I was going to make that point also if you have a lot of paperwork to send over work out what you can send and get printed out.
I only sent over the final page of the letter with my signature on in ink. The rest of the letter pages were saved as .pdf files and emailed over. The wife printed them all out, the multi functioanl printer (scanner,printer and copier in fact his one even faxxed via the a phone line:omg:) cost less than two fed ex deliveries and was vital for making copies, scanning and printing out what have you. It was used for several years for that and school work for her family. The ink was top up for a few pesos now and then.

The other option is to go to one of the many internet cafes or print shops and pay per copy if she gets a good deal again it will save quite a few quid.