PDA

View Full Version : information about sponsorship

parky2000
29th March 2008, 14:08
hi
i would be grateful if someone could give me advice
i have a filipino friend and i want to sponsor them for a holiday for 2 months to uk
do i have to transfer money across to her or is it adequate to send savings account statement showing i have adequate funds to support .i t was suggested i send $5000 and flight ticket $2300and $600for visa
she already has a passport. i have given so far towards this $2900
thank you for your help
parky2000

andypaul
29th March 2008, 14:19
its not always moolah in the bank its about if the ECO thinks your friend is going to return when the Visa is up.

IainBusby
29th March 2008, 14:25
Hi Parky,
Even if you very sure of this friend I would only send the fee for the visa because unless your friend has a good job, money in the bank and maybe even property in the Philippines, the chances are that he/she will be refused a visa.

It sounds like someone is trying to scam you, asking for all this money, especially as you say you've already given $2900 for a passport. I can't remember how much a passport costs in Phils, but I'm sure it was only a few hundreds pesos or so. :NoNo:

Louella & Iain.

Peanutz
29th March 2008, 14:31
$2900 for passport, that's outrageous!!!
They might have added all other extra expenses...:)

andypaul
29th March 2008, 14:35
$2900 for passport, that's outrageous!!!
They might have added all other extra expenses...:)

Thats a few meals in Jolibees:omg:

andypaul
29th March 2008, 14:37
i think the 2900 is how much has been sent so far? Not just on the passport surely?

LittleFingers
29th March 2008, 17:32
hi
i would be grateful if someone could give me advice
i have a filipino friend and i want to sponsor them for a holiday for 2 months to uk
do i have to transfer money across to her or is it adequate to send savings account statement showing i have adequate funds to support .i t was suggested i send $5000 and flight ticket $2300and $600for visa
she already has a passport. i have given so far towards this $2900
thank you for your help
parky2000

I done the whole malarkey, bank statments, job history, salary, passport photocopies, - all the items required and she got refused for UK Visitors visa and Irish visitors visa.
I believe the best way is to apply for a fiance visa which is what we are attempting to do at the moment. I am unsure though whether or not to pay an agency to do this properly or can i get all the required info on the net. Would be good for some advice of someone here....

kimmi
29th March 2008, 17:34
I done the whole malarkey, bank statments, job history, salary, passport photocopies, - all the items required and she got refused for UK Visitors visa and Irish visitors visa.
I believe the best way is to apply for a fiance visa which is what we are attempting to do at the moment. I am unsure though whether or not to pay an agency to do this properly or can i get all the required info on the net. Would be good for some advice of someone here....

U dont neccessarily need to use an agency if u have prepared all the documents needed for her visa applications..everything will be alright..

just keep on searching and reading some infos here and with the visa website sure she will be fine..

Goodluck..and btw, welcome to the forum..:)

LittleFingers
29th March 2008, 17:52
U dont neccessarily need to use an agency if u have prepared all the documents needed for her visa applications..everything will be alright..

just keep on searching and reading some infos here and with the visa website sure she will be fine..

Goodluck..and btw, welcome to the forum..:)

thanks for advice and the welcome

kimmi
29th March 2008, 17:53
if u want ur fiancee can send me a message so I can also give her some advice on what Ive done..

Goodluck..

wobblybob
30th March 2008, 14:52
Parky are you sure your friend isn't flying 1st class, easily get a flight for £550, I paid £370 return with oasishongkong plus £90 cebupacific return to hongkong from Gatwick, I certainly wouldn't be sending anymore money mate if I was you, have you been to Phils to visit this friend at all, from the sounds of it probably not, as you would realize that the money you have sent already would have covered the costs for everything you have mentioned and more. Where are you located in the UK, email me if you want to chat, my e addy in my profile. Best of luck but be cautious.