PDA

View Full Version : New member

Sangoma
31st March 2008, 11:02
Morning to all.

I joined as I have made a couple of good friends in the Philippines over the last few months, and this site certainly seems to have loads of practical help and advice.

One thing that amazes me though is how hard it is to bring in a fiance or wife.
Having been through the process before, I can only comment that it is hardly surprising so many people come into the UK "without papers". One would have thought that wanting to do things the correct and legal way would heve been encouraged.

Is it really as hard as I have read on here for someone from the Philippines to obtain a tourist/visitors visa for the UK?

joebloggs
31st March 2008, 11:44
some people on here, had a harder time than others, my misses had to wait near 3 months to get her spouse visa and thats only becuase i complained to the embassy.

doing it 'without papers' or illegally, soon can get you banned from coming to the UK for a number of years, also you will have trouble getting ILR and will always be looking over your shoulder if you get caught.

VV are harder to get becuase some people overstay or don't go back, but people also do that on a student visa.

kimmi
31st March 2008, 11:58
welcome to the forum Sangoma..

if u search on the threads here we always said that it is really hard to get a visit visa unless the applicant can really support him/herself..

Mrs Daddy
4th April 2008, 18:47
hi and welcome to the forum:)enjoy browsing:)

andypaul
4th April 2008, 20:23
some people on here, had a harder time than others, my misses had to wait near 3 months to get her spouse visa and thats only becuase i complained to the embassy.

doing it 'without papers' or illegally, soon can get you banned from coming to the UK for a number of years, also you will have trouble getting ILR and will always be looking over your shoulder if you get caught.

VV are harder to get becuase some people overstay or don't go back, but people also do that on a student visa.

Also doing it with out Papers might get any person who is a UK citzen and aid and abeted them a few problems to.

Its tougher but we all want the borders tightened up and if you really care about someone its worth the wait:)

Eljohno
4th April 2008, 20:57
If you do your homework about the process and are able to tick the boxes they require then there normally are no problems!!

It is much harder to bring someone into the UK on a tourist visa!!