PDA

View Full Version : Is civil wedding need seminar like church?

lennen
7th April 2008, 00:56
I wandering if spouse visa needs seminar like church.....

lennen
7th April 2008, 00:57
Im wandering if spouse visa needs seminar like church.....

A_flyer
7th April 2008, 06:24
What seminar are you speaking of?

IainBusby
7th April 2008, 09:34
Do you mean the CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) seminar or pre-marriage seminar? In the case of the CFO seminar, the answer is most definately YES. Without attending this seminar and getting the sticker in your passport to prove it, you will not be allowed to leave the country, regardless of whether you were married in a church or a civil ceremony.

With regard to the pre-marriage seminar, I don't know if it applies in all provinces, but I think it does in most. If you were marrying in a church however, I think this would probably be done by the priest, but I could be wrong.

Cheers,

Iain.

Mrs Daddy
7th April 2008, 11:49
yes lennen,you have to attend the pre marriage seminar but unlike ordinary seminar you are not join to other couples you will be having yours as separate case because you will be marrying a foreigner.its just a brief seminar like talking about contraception so on and so forth.so dont you worry about it.I know its hassle but thats our government policy in PI

stuartfarm
7th April 2008, 12:37
Hi Len,

You will find all sorts of conflicting information about whether you need to attend the pre marriage seminar or not.

In theory - yes , in practice - who knows ? It seems to depend on where you get married and who carries it out.

My wife and I never attended any pre marriage seminar , we got married by the mayor in her local town in Mindanao in January this year. The issue of the pre marriage seminar ( or lack of it ) was never mentioned by anyone in the town hall.

Having said that though I would advise , for peace of mind , that you do arrange for your wife to attend the pre marriage seminar . It only takes a few hours and doesnt cost very much.

Its always better too have too much paperwork than too little in the Phills !!

andypaul
7th April 2008, 18:38
Hi Len,

You will find all sorts of conflicting information about whether you need to attend the pre marriage seminar or not.

In theory - yes , in practice - who knows ? It seems to depend on where you get married and who carries it out.

My wife and I never attended any pre marriage seminar , we got married by the mayor in her local town in Mindanao in January this year. The issue of the pre marriage seminar ( or lack of it ) was never mentioned by anyone in the town hall.

Having said that though I would advise , for peace of mind , that you do arrange for your wife to attend the pre marriage seminar . It only takes a few hours and doesnt cost very much.

Its always better too have too much paperwork than too little in the Phills !!

In laguna we filled in some form regarding this issue and due to a distant relative who worked in the town hall i know she had all the paperwork processed at the right times but we never attended.

Stuart888
7th April 2008, 20:40
Hi Lennen

I recently married in Phil and we had to attend two seminars.One at the town hall and one at the church.Both were basically the same thing.