PDA

View Full Version : Building permits etc

Gavanddal
7th April 2008, 15:35
What is the procedure if we want to build an extension to our house in the Philippines? I assume that we need a building permit. Do we need to submit plans or just an outline description of the works. Anyone know what the fees are?

As I say, this is just an extension not a new house build.

Thanks

walesrob
7th April 2008, 16:54
What is the procedure if we want to build an extension to our house in the Philippines? I assume that we need a building permit. Do we need to submit plans or just an outline description of the works. Anyone know what the fees are?

As I say, this is just an extension not a new house build.

Thanks

I'd like to have a definitive answer as well, as Elsa's brother, who is a builder tells us we can just knock up an extension on our house without the need for any permits whatsoever. The reason is that because you own the plot, you can do what you like with it.

Gavanddal
7th April 2008, 17:06
If I find out any info from other sources I'll publish details of the rules and regs. I do know a guy who builds apartments on Bohol so I'll try and find out from him.
I don't know if rules are different from province to province but we Leyte boys can share any info of mutual benefit eh Rob?

scott&ligaya
7th April 2008, 17:17
I know that in Palawan we needed a permit for the wall/railings but no permit for the native style Kubo Kubo hosue we had built inside the plot for our caretaker and his wife. The city engineers department needed the drawings and two quotations for the work(they will advise the BIR who will then vsit to decide what additional value it adds and raise your next years property tax!!!!) and they should be submitted/approved before you start work.

andypaul
7th April 2008, 18:33
Are most taxs and rules regarding propties regional or national made?

As far as i know from what the wife has said its take the plans along to the town hall go see the mayor.
some of our wedding photos are of us with people waiting to see the mayor with plans and what not on seats in his office) in fact he was in mid convo with one when we all burst in to his room.
The marks and spencer bag with A Wine bottle and other assorted goodies pushed us to the top of the queue for some strange reason.

I will ask what seems to happen in Laguna if that helps?

PeterB
12th April 2008, 13:08
Well, our engineer and Purok chairman (both are also our Ninongs) tell us that we do need permits for our renovation (permits for: the building itself, the electrical installation, the plumbing installation, and also a fencing permit for the wall we are building). However, in good filipino tradition, the permits are usually applied for in retrospect, and always understate the scope and cost of the works (to reduce the tax bill)!