PDA

View Full Version : To Eljohno (Street Kids Feeding Program)

LadyJ
11th April 2008, 10:02
Hi, I saw you with the street kids feeding program pictures posted in the gallery.

It's so nice to see that you're one of the people helping those poor childrens in the Philippines.

You must be feelling great and proud to yourself to what you're doing and I'm sure your family, friends and relatives feels the same too.

I think Peter and Gina are doing the same too, but you guys has got a big big heart.

I think the other member here who is called 'Peanutz' wanted to do the same thing.

Anyway, keep up the good work!:Hellooo:

Eljohno
11th April 2008, 14:55
Hi LadyJ,

thank you for your kind words!!

We are hoping to move back to the Philippines and with the help of my friend at www.dropinn.net (http://www.dropinn.net) open up a Centre where people can come eat and also stay. We are going to try and find land on our next visit.

One thing that people can get involved in at little cost is the Street Children that we feed every Saturday are not able to go to school so we are planning to start of with sending 25 of them from this June at a cost of just £5 per month so if anyone is interested in helping please contact me.....

When the Centre is up and running we would welcome anyone who wants to come over and help in a practical way if they have any free time ie helping with feeding program and building houses!!

John

Troubadour
11th April 2008, 15:06
Yes - well done. This really is superb work.

Eljohno
11th April 2008, 15:16
Thanks Troubadour,

my reason for putting the photos in the Gallery was not to bring any attention to what i am doing but just to let people see the need that there is in the Philippines were people are struggling for basic things..

scott&ligaya
12th April 2008, 09:37
You are doing a great thing here.

please tell me more, where is the location, what other kind of resources do you need as well as money, We help support an orphanage in Palawan but now we will be in the Uk for a few years we have handed the reins to a local ex pat who basically marshalls/pesters/persuades the other residents to provide one form of support or another like free use of a large jeepney,bus, covering the cost of doctor and nurse to visit once a week, etc.

I am keen to help and thank you for providing this programme

scott&ligaya
14th April 2008, 17:33
Hi Eljohno, just PM,d you

Eljohno
14th April 2008, 17:44
Hi Eljohno, just PM,d you

Scott i just sent you an email mate!!