PDA

View Full Version : Fiancée visa... and name changes.

drsquirrel
11th April 2008, 11:07
I am currently in process of application for a Fiancée visa, this isn't what the question is about.

She is to move here, we will get married then apply for ILR. (Names are changed)

Her name is Ma. Ann <surname>. Now this "Ma." is her name in her passport, its her offical name there.

In the UK do they accept it like that? When we are married we are not sure how to register her name. Myself I would assume its Maria Theresa (first and middle).

She thinks it should be "Ma. Ann" as her first name, will the UK recognise this offically as her first name?

Or should we just register as Maria Ann, then wouldnt her offical first name be just Ann?

LadyJ
11th April 2008, 11:12
I think she should just follow on what showed on her Birth Certificate.

drsquirrel
11th April 2008, 12:08
I think that it also says "Ma. Ann <name>" on there.

I'm not 100% sure as its been a while since I've seen it, but wouldnt it be the same as the passport? (as the passport is definately formatted as the above).

aromulus
11th April 2008, 12:24
It should be the same as the passport and birth certificate.

kimmi
11th April 2008, 12:38
Ur fiancee should clear all this first before she should apply for a visa..Make sure that her name on her passport is the same on her birth certificate..

drsquirrel
11th April 2008, 13:14
Visa isn't a question really, as I know to do that along with the lines of the birth cert/passport.

Its the marriage part as well ive never done that before so I don't really know :p

Q is, If we regsitered the name as Ma. Ann <surname>, what is her first name considered as?

Gie
11th April 2008, 13:22
She can use her name, Ma. Ann as her whole name first name. No problem with that. Also if you two get married and she wants to use your surname, she needs to go to Philippine Embassy to be amended.

Gie
11th April 2008, 13:22
Philippine Embassy in London.

kimmi
11th April 2008, 13:25
She can use her name, Ma. Ann as her whole name first name. No problem with that. Also if you two get married and she wants to use your surname, she needs to go to Philippine Embassy to be amended.

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

for her passport to be ammended

drsquirrel
11th April 2008, 13:41
Thanks, I already realise she will have to modify her passport at the embassy etc, but thats for a later date.

It was just the first part name part that Gie has now answered, so far, thanks.