PDA

View Full Version : uk visas

jencha8569
12th April 2008, 15:27
hello everyone

im new on this site and i really like it here. got to know some facts about uk visas which i really need now.

anyone who can help me bout my situation..please

my case:

my boyfriend and i wanted to be together. he from uk, cambridge,england to be exact. we've been talking on mesenger for a year started as friends then eventually fell in love with each other. he was here in philippines for 3 weeks
last month and it was good times. he met my fam and friends and my way of living, our traditons and cultures.the love and bond tight really close. we planning to get married this year but our problem now is we dont know what visa is the eaisest to get and options that is best for us.

1st visit-sponsoral visa coz we both wanted to be together and so that i can see his way of living and of course his family. and they say its the fastest way.my boyfriend wanted me to see england as to wether i will like to live there soon or not. he wants me to be happy so he making it a point that i can live their away from family and friends coz if not he will move here to philippines (take awhile coz he have to sort what job or business that will do good here) tough decision i know.
2nd fiancee visa - is it possible for us to get married in phil first while waiting for fiancee visa then if granted i enter uk as single with fiancee visa?
3rd marriage visa- marry here then apply spousal visa which they say takes awhile.

we really need help and advise from someone who knows these things.
we hoping to fix all things this year but first we want to know what visa is best and easiest to get . whats the best way to start to apply for any visa i mean what agency or if visit visa is it better if my boyfriend will process there or me here?

i will appreciate any help or advice someone will give
sorry i have to tell my story first..hehe

best wishes and God Bless for all of us here

LadyJ
12th April 2008, 15:39
I live in outskirt of Cambridge.

Fiance visa is to get married in UK within 6 months. NOTHING ELSE!

Spouse visa, you're correct, marry in the Philippines then apply for spouse visa.

You asked, what is the best and easiest way to get a visa. My answer first SPOUSE, second, FIANCE, third VISIT VISA.

I suggest you spend time searching and reading the forum because situation like this has been discussed so many times and you'll understand why spouse visa is the easiest and best to apply to get a visa!

Goodluck!

IainBusby
12th April 2008, 16:09
Hi jencha8569,
Welcome to the forum. May I just say that the chances of being granted a visit (tourist) visa are very slim, only about 20% of all applications are successful. The reason given for refusal is usually that they don't believe that the applicant will return to the Philippines when the visa expires.

Louella & Iain.

jencha8569
12th April 2008, 18:27
Hi jencha8569,
Welcome to the forum. May I just say that the chances of being granted a visit (tourist) visa are very slim, only about 20% of all applications are successful. The reason given for refusal is usually that they don't believe that the applicant will return to the Philippines when the visa expires.

Louella & Iain.

hello louella & Ian

Thanks for ur response and for the welcome. As what ive read on here visit visa have slim chances you correct. so now, fiance or spouse visa are the options. so far what i read the detailed ones are for fiancee visa only. i want to know detailed info too bout spouse visa so i can sort things out. im happy you with ur hubby now hope my boyfriend and i will be the same..

best wishes
God Bless

winner
12th April 2008, 21:36
has ladyj said spouse visa is best you know each other for over a year and he has meet you at home best if he gets papers from england to marry you there spouse visa only takes 6 to 10 weeks now you get all your evidence together over the last year you know each other

chino
12th April 2008, 21:46
Hi jencha8569,

Louella & Iain.

Sorry to hijack your thread but if they a sponsor in the uk does it help the application ?

jencha8569
12th April 2008, 23:09
I live in outskirt of Cambridge.

Fiance visa is to get married in UK within 6 months. NOTHING ELSE!

Spouse visa, you're correct, marry in the Philippines then apply for spouse visa.

You asked, what is the best and easiest way to get a visa. My answer first SPOUSE, second, FIANCE, third VISIT VISA.

I suggest you spend time searching and reading the forum because situation like this has been discussed so many times and you'll understand why spouse visa is the easiest and best to apply to get a visa!

Goodluck!

hi lady J,

thanks for the advice. yes last night i spend time reading the forum but i read mostly about fiancee visa-(detaile documents needed). i want to know detailed documents or requirements for spouse visa if possible.
anyways, really apprecaite all u guys help and advice

Jencha

jencha8569
12th April 2008, 23:48
so tourist visa for us is a waste of time you think ?
best for us is spouse visa or fiance visa ?
we want the best for us in the long run .
if it means we cannot see each other for a while then
so be it but our love is strong so we can wait if necessary.
also which is better ,to get married here in uk or the philippines ?
thanks for everyones advice and help we really appreciate it
jencha ..

LadyJ
12th April 2008, 23:58
If you have strong evidence that you are returning back to the Philippines then you might have a chance of getting a visit visa. Strong evidences means you have stable job or employed, savings, properties, etc. and any other evidence that will convince the British Embassy that you are returning back to Philippines within the condition of your visa.

LadyJ
13th April 2008, 00:10
You can work in the UK when you have a spouse visa and you will just have to apply for indefinite visa after you have completed your stay here in UK for 2 years.

If fiance visa, you cannot work, you'll have to get married here in UK within 6 months then apply for spouse visa which is another visa fee.

That's why getting a Spouse visa seems quite easiest and cheapest way.

Do a lot of searching about applying a visa to UK.. We have discussed the spouse, fiance and visit visa requirements here before and also do include reading the official websites.

jencha8569
13th April 2008, 00:25
im confused !!
why would i be returning to the philippines ?

LadyJ
13th April 2008, 00:34
hi lady J,

thanks for the advice. yes last night i spend time reading the forum but i read mostly about fiancee visa-(detaile documents needed). i want to know detailed documents or requirements for spouse visa if possible.
anyways, really apprecaite all u guys help and advice

Jencha

I'll give you some ideas

Spouse visa requirements are

Letter from your sponsor which is your husband

Your husband must provide

proof that he is a UK national such as
copy of his passport etc
original copy of his current and savings bank statements, latest 3 or 6 months statements
letter from employers,payslips latest 3 or 6 months
letter from landlord about you joining with him in the house or mortgage letter etc.

You must provide
your original passport
birth certificate
marriage certificate

Proof of your relationship, holiday pictures, hotel and plane tickets, online chats, emails, etc. etc.

LadyJ
13th April 2008, 00:36
im confused !!
why would i be returning to the philippines ?

Go back and read carefully what I said!

jencha8569
13th April 2008, 00:52
yes you right about spouse visa .thanks for your
input .just so much to take in .lol

IainBusby
13th April 2008, 10:19
Sorry to hijack your thread but if they a sponsor in the uk does it help the application ?

I believe it does help, but they still tend to base there decision primarily on whether they think the applicant will return to Phils when the visa expires and as far as I know they tend to think that applicants without a good well paid job, money in the bank and property in Phils will be unlikely to return when their visa expires.

Iain.

spindrift
13th April 2008, 10:37
hi jencha i have been through the uk spousal visa process with my ex thai wife, it is hard work and your husband will have to show everything about his life, work, property and finances including photos and property deeds or landlord contract if renting. It took me 2 attempts and about 1 year

kimmi
13th April 2008, 10:55
hi jencha, i think if u decided to go for the spousal visa, there is no much difference with the fiancee visa..but the major important document is of course ur marriage cert..from the NSO..

visit visa - u need to prove that u have reasons to come back in the phils.
fiancee visa- u should get married in the UK within 6months..(this is what I used in coming here in the UK and if u need help with this I can share with u my experience)
spouse visa- married already in the phils..

so its up to u whatever visa u like, just make sure all the neccessary docs are there..Goodluck...:)

LEAHnew
13th April 2008, 11:11
Hi there I can relate to you sis …my BF visited me last month as well and we had great time together:cwm38::BouncyHappy:.. We are still looking for the best way how to be together and be forever:cwm38:… We are considering the fiancée, the visit and the spouse:Erm:…we’re still assessing it according to cost, time, and its advantages:rolleyes:(sounds spouse). Emotionally we’re ready but deciding the best way takes time:doh… I think more research will do to finalized it:xxgrinning--00xx3:…
Like Sis Shelly(it's me iye) said slowly but surely:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Goodluck to both of us:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

jencha8569
13th April 2008, 11:22
hi jencha, i think if u decided to go for the spousal visa, there is no much difference with the fiancee visa..but the major important document is of course ur marriage cert..from the NSO..

visit visa - u need to prove that u have reasons to come back in the phils.
fiancee visa- u should get married in the UK within 6months..(this is what I used in coming here in the UK and if u need help with this I can share with u my experience)
spouse visa- married already in the phils..

so its up to u whatever visa u like, just make sure all the neccessary docs are there..Goodluck...:)

hi kimmi

thanks for the info
i see here that mostly it is fiance visas that are more to be applied.
i taking considerations bout my boyfriend doing stuff (processing) there coz he working full time. i read here that my boyfriend have to have proof receits on weddings like reception,food etc. he said he gonna try to see in person uk embassy personnel there to know things. unlike my side my job is free lancer i can process the papers. we now turn between the fiancee or spouse visa.
i really would like to know detailed requirements for both visa for us to
prepare all necessary papers. we both new on visa thing
i need help..hehe

glad to hear from u kimmi

jencha

kimmi
13th April 2008, 11:25
sis,

if u decide to go for fiancee visa re the proof of wedding or reception..He will just go to the nearest registrar there and record the propose date of ur wedding, and then they will give him a cert. it wont take him long..

u can send me a pm if u want so we can talk..:)

jencha8569
13th April 2008, 11:42
sis,

if u decide to go for fiancee visa re the proof of wedding or reception..He will just go to the nearest registrar there and record the propose date of ur wedding, and then they will give him a cert. it wont take him long..

u can send me a pm if u want so we can talk..:)

hello kimmi
i let my boyfriend know bout this later. thanks

what pm are u into?

melmart
13th April 2008, 12:08
hi there. i think its either fiancee visa or spousal visa is the easiest thing to do. i applied a fiancee visa and it took me only a month to wait and no interview as well. they will give you 6 mos.to get married and i think within that months u will get to know more about what its living together and knowing the lifestyle here and his family as well but at the same time u will get so busy arranging for the wedding which both of us experienced but it was all worth it. i think a spousal visa will take awhile but then again its up to both of u whats the best thing to do.for me coming here as fiancee visa changed my life and i have no regrets at all though i really miss my family and my son but hopefully ill be getting him this year but once your here u will have time to know your second family and the way of living here and of course your hubby to be.well good luck and u can ask me anything when u decide to go for applying a fiancee visa!

melmart
13th April 2008, 12:11
and by the way im melissa and cambridge is not that far from where we are and maybe when your here we can meet up and go shopping im sure u will enjoy and love it!!!!!!!

alicat
13th April 2008, 13:16
and by the way im melissa and cambridge is not that far from where we are and maybe when your here we can meet up and go shopping im sure u will enjoy and love it!!!!!!!

take note...its very expencive here compare there in phil.
but no worries its ur husband problem...:doh:doh:)

chino
13th April 2008, 16:14
I believe it does help, but they still tend to base there decision primarily on whether they think the applicant will return to Phils when the visa expires and as far as I know they tend to think that applicants without a good well paid job, money in the bank and property in Phils will be unlikely to return when their visa expires.

Iain.

Thanks for the info...

kimmi
13th April 2008, 19:08
hello kimmi
i let my boyfriend know bout this later. thanks

what pm are u into?

PM is for private messaging,and ur always welcome..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I agree with u sis alicat..:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::Erm::doh

aromulus
13th April 2008, 19:38

:omg::omg::doh.......... :Brick:

jencha8569
13th April 2008, 20:30
thanks everyone for all the info you giving us..
i have to say that after all the stuff we read on here and
other peoples experiences with visas, we thinking that
the SPOUSE VISA is the best option for us because we will
marry in the philippines first . what does anybody think about
this ? are we right ?
cheers jencha

andypaul
13th April 2008, 22:28
thanks everyone for all the info you giving us..
i have to say that after all the stuff we read on here and
other peoples experiences with visas, we thinking that
the SPOUSE VISA is the best option for us because we will
marry in the philippines first . what does anybody think about
this ? are we right ?
cheers jencha

Well if you both think its right then who are we to argue:D

Thats what the Wife and I did. A lot of work in the run up to getting the VIsa. But like going to the CFO when applying for the change in the name of my wives passport before applying for the Visa so all youu need is to pop in to the cfo to get the stamp in your passport.

Lots more steps to be done in Phill but once in the UK for the first two years you can get on with your lives and relationship with a little less hassle.
Its complicated enough getting bank accounts opened, finding jobs and settiling with out worrying about weddings and applying for flr.
You can also work straight away, with spouse visa otherwise you have to wait untill you have flr.

If you need to apply for a schgen visa to vist europe (for family holiday) you can't do untill married.

Small things but some are important to some as they are not to others.

Another point to bear in mind if you will fly the mintue your application is oked then spouse is best as the clock is running till ILR so from the date of the visa stamp in your passport till you enter the UK you only have 28 days. Whilst with a finacee visa its not such important a concern.

The time from now untill the day you enter shouldn't be the only thing you consider imo.

jencha8569
14th April 2008, 13:33
[QUOTE=kimmi;60567]PM is for private messaging,and ur always welcome..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

i mean can we chat here? new here dont know much stuff
but i got messenger i dont know if we allowed to post messenger here..hehe

jencha8569
14th April 2008, 13:36

hi melissa

thanks for the info. yes i would love to meet pinoys everywhere i maybe and of course we can try shooopping but i have to find a job first..hehe

kimmi
14th April 2008, 18:50
PM is for private messaging,and ur always welcome..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

i mean can we chat here? new here dont know much stuff
but i got messenger i dont know if we allowed to post messenger here..hehe

my email add is posted in my profile..u can add me if u want..he he he

jencha8569
14th April 2008, 19:00
my email add is posted in my profile..u can add me if u want..he he he

added u..hehe
thanks

kimmi
14th April 2008, 19:01
added u..hehe
thanks

ok, just keep in touch sis..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

jencha8569
14th April 2008, 19:01
hello all
i been wondering how much it is to pay the express fee in philippines
for us to get married thus avoiding too much fuss etc ?
be great to know
cheers all.
jencha

kimmi
14th April 2008, 19:02
what do u mean express fee??

jencha8569
14th April 2008, 19:08
what do u mean express fee??

like we to makepaper faster. example if we not want to have counselling before marriage and getting marriage license here in phils and etc..philippine thing, if u pay fees under the tablethe better..hehe

jencha8569
15th April 2008, 16:41
anyone know how much it costs for a visitor visa ?
cheers jencha

joebloggs
15th April 2008, 16:50
visa prices

http://www.britishembassy.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1029287468126

alicat
15th April 2008, 18:03
like we to makepaper faster. example if we not want to have counselling before marriage and getting marriage license here in phils and etc..philippine thing, if u pay fees under the tablethe better..hehe

i dont think u can do that,u need to attend counselling
and seminar whether u like it or not..thats one of the
requirements..its a little bit boring but u can learn some
lesson...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
15th April 2008, 18:08
we got everyone done the right way, pay people under the table you risk, losing your money or worse get you fake papers, and forged papers will get you a long ban from the british gov, not worth the risk, like i keep saying 'tell a lie, wave :Hellooo: your visa goodbye :bigcry:'

alicat
15th April 2008, 18:16
we got everyone done the right way, pay people under the table you risk, losing your money or worse get you fake papers, and forged papers will get you a long ban from the british gov, not worth the risk, like i keep saying 'tell a lie, wave :Hellooo: your visa goodbye :bigcry:'

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::)

andypaul
15th April 2008, 19:12
I think many phill town halls will allow non resident people fill in the counsling paperwork in advanced or by proxy. If you live locally im sure for the long term gain its worth attending if asked.

jencha8569
15th April 2008, 20:33
thanks all for your advice and help
will look into it further
cheers jencha

trends5squared
16th April 2008, 11:47
Spouse Visa - Settlement

Provide original and photocopies of all the documents you will be submitting:

1. A completed visa application form: Settlement Form (VAF4 Oct 2007)
2. One recent coloured passport sized photos.
3. Visa fee in pesos. Payable across the Bank counter or Manager’s Check (only from BPI, Banco de Oro, Metrobank & Standard Chartered bank), made payable to the British Embassy Manila.
4. Your current passport valid for at least 6 months and any old passports.
5. A full copy of the sponsor's passport including the personal details page and all stamped pages.
6. If you have children you also have to provide birth certificates of each child on the National Statistics Office (NSO) security paper.
7. Evidence that sponsor can support you financially.
a) up-to-date detailed bank statements and other savings covering a period of 6 months prior to the date of application
b) evidence of employment.
8. Evidence that your sponsor has adequate accommodation.
a) Mortgage documents or a rent book is acceptable along with the description of the property.
9) Annulment or divorce papers sponsor if applicable.
10) Evidence that you and your sponsor have remained in contact during sponsors absences from the Philippines.
a) Telephone bills and personal letters may help to show this
b) email / chat transcript
12) A copy of your Marriage Contract on the National Statistics Office (NSO) security paper.
13) A letter of support from your sponsor.
14) A signed Visa Application Checklist

I was married in the Philippines last year in Feb., went to UK with tourist visa in June, 2 days before my 6 months expired I went back to philippines, process my spouse visa last december, got a result in Feb and now Im in UK again.

jencha8569
19th April 2008, 09:35
yeah great thanks for that trends .

jencha8569
19th April 2008, 09:42
another question i have is = does my sponsor (my bf) need
to fill in any forms ? or just send me all evidence and papers
etc ?

andypaul
19th April 2008, 10:37
another question i have is = does my sponsor (my bf) need
to fill in any forms ? or just send me all evidence and papers
etc ?

my wife filled in our spouse visa application with my help.

Most applicants do the preparation of paperwork but of course the sponsor should help as much as possible.

Piamed
19th April 2008, 11:28
My wife and I printed the forms and completed them together off-line. She will file her application online after the 28th April when her new passport is issued - finally!

T

kimmi
19th April 2008, 18:55
My wife and I printed the forms and completed them together off-line. She will file her application online after the 28th April when her new passport is issued - finally!

T

Goodluck on her application...:)

jencha8569
19th April 2008, 20:08
so i mean my bf (sponsor ) dosnt have to fill
any sponsor forms there in the uk ?
ok cheers everyone.
a few pints will be in order when we win the lottery lol

Piamed
19th April 2008, 20:38
Thanks Kimmi. jencha8569, your bf will have to provide you with a letter of invitation/support. Just confirming he can/will take care of your financial and accommodation needs during your visit.

T

jencha8569
20th April 2008, 07:39
ok thanks for the info .

ms.bee.havin
23rd April 2008, 13:42
hello everyone

im new on this site and i really like it here. got to know some facts about uk visas which i really need now.

anyone who can help me bout my situation..please

my case:

my boyfriend and i wanted to be together. he from uk, cambridge,england to be exact. we've been talking on mesenger for a year started as friends then eventually fell in love with each other. he was here in philippines for 3 weeks
last month and it was good times. he met my fam and friends and my way of living, our traditons and cultures.the love and bond tight really close. we planning to get married this year but our problem now is we dont know what visa is the eaisest to get and options that is best for us.

1st visit-sponsoral visa coz we both wanted to be together and so that i can see his way of living and of course his family. and they say its the fastest way.my boyfriend wanted me to see england as to wether i will like to live there soon or not. he wants me to be happy so he making it a point that i can live their away from family and friends coz if not he will move here to philippines (take awhile coz he have to sort what job or business that will do good here) tough decision i know.
2nd fiancee visa - is it possible for us to get married in phil first while waiting for fiancee visa then if granted i enter uk as single with fiancee visa?
3rd marriage visa- marry here then apply spousal visa which they say takes awhile.

we really need help and advise from someone who knows these things.
we hoping to fix all things this year but first we want to know what visa is best and easiest to get . whats the best way to start to apply for any visa i mean what agency or if visit visa is it better if my boyfriend will process there or me here?

i will appreciate any help or advice someone will give
sorry i have to tell my story first..hehe

best wishes and God Bless for all of us here
---------------------------------------------------------------**********----------

Hi there! Don't bother for a fiancee visa. Too many requirements they need for you to prove. If he truly loves you, why don't you get married first in the Philippines, you have to prove to the immigration that its genuine marriage, loads of girls come here for marriage for convenience & that's what they don't like. Your partner has to prove as well that he's got a decent job, a house for you to live here in UK, meaning that he could support you financially w/o getting funds or benefits from the d government here. They will based it on facts & when approved they will give 2 years entry clearance or if you had been at least 3 yrs. marriage or relationship straight away you will be granted resdience permit or no time limit visa. That's all i can say.