PDA

View Full Version : Hello to everyone

spindrift
13th April 2008, 09:49
Hi i have been reading the british filipino web site for about 7 months now and have decided to join the forum. I have been to the Phils once for a month over christmas and new year. I met up with my gf in Cebu then visited the Camotes islands, her place of birth, a week later. Later during the holiday we went to Bohol for a week.
Now i am back at work in the construction industry in the UK in Kent and are making plans for another month trip in july.
Having been to the Phils and dicovering the culture and people i so wish that i had been before. Previously i had been to Thailand on 2 occasions but the Philippines is very, very different.
So any way lets see what happens here if anyone wants to reply then i am happy to discuss any topics. see ya

walesrob
13th April 2008, 09:52
Welcome to the forum!

IainBusby
13th April 2008, 10:10
Hi Spindrift,
Welcome to the forum.
Louella & Iain.

alicat
13th April 2008, 10:36
welcome to the forum

kimmi
13th April 2008, 10:41
hi, welcome to the forum..:)

LEAHnew
13th April 2008, 11:02
Welcome spindrift:Hellooo::Hellooo:

andypaul
13th April 2008, 11:09
Morning Spindrist and welcome to the Site

aromulus
13th April 2008, 12:46
welcome to the forum

hi, welcome to the forum..:)

Welcome spindrift:Hellooo::Hellooo:

Morning Spindrist and welcome to the Site

Ditto................:xxgrinning--00xx3:

kimmi
13th April 2008, 19:10
Ditto................:xxgrinning--00xx3:

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol::doh

aug06_2006
14th April 2008, 16:35
Hi spindrift, welcome to the forum..can i ask u pls.? which of them nicest to visit Camotes Island or Bohol? coz we are planning to visit those areas and also in Ormoc City. tnx!

chino
14th April 2008, 16:50
welcome to the forum... lots of great info on this site...

scott&ligaya
14th April 2008, 16:51
Welcome aboard, and good luck with your relationship going forward!:)

melmart
14th April 2008, 18:25
welcome spindrift!!!

spindrift
14th April 2008, 19:06
Hi Aug06 2006
Well the two islands are very different, The Camotes is made up of four small islands, the main two being Pacijan and Poro and they are joined by a small road through the mangrove swamp. Camotes is a cash only society, ie NO CASH MASHINES, so you must take cash with you. There are three beach resorts that i know of, all at good prices, Mongodlong rock resort, Santiago bay gardens, and Santiago bay beach house resort, all are on the internet. Do a search on Camotes or Pacijan island and you will find plenty of info. There are some great caves to see, great diving, fishing at the green lake and beautiful beaches and food at very good prices. I should say that Camotes is very quite and peacefull, not many tourists or cars, 2 jeepneys i think, i hired a motorcycle for the week, no fast food chains or other such nonsence !!! I loved it.

Bohol on the other hand is a major tourist destination in the Phils with big beach complexes if thats your thing, Bohol Tropics is where we stayed but just for a couple of days then we moved on to somewhere else smaller. Bohol has the Chocolate hills,( worth seeing for sure) and of course the Tarsia the worlds smallest primate at 4 inches high, and at one place you can hold them under supervision. There are many other tourist places to see and you can get a driver who will take you on a day trip 6 /8 hours to see them, remember to negotiate a good price before you set off.
So check out both places on the net and see whast you like. All the best Spindrift.

vbkelly
16th April 2008, 12:32
Hi spindrift, welcome to the forum..can i ask u pls.? which of them nicest to visit Camotes Island or Bohol? coz we are planning to visit those areas and also in Ormoc City. tnx!

hi lisa i suggest you to go bohol its very nice in there, im going there next week im here in davao at the moment then im going back to manila to pick up my hubby then going straight away to bohol

mavid
16th April 2008, 13:08
welcome to the forum.

Pepe n Pilar
16th April 2008, 13:12
Hi Spindrift welcome to the forum.:)

keithAngel
16th April 2008, 13:25
Hi Welcome Ive had the Thai experience too but will have to wait till September for my first visit to the Philis ...I'm looking forward to six months there ...don't know how I'm going to deal with the visa stuff though....Thai is relatively easy

aug06_2006
16th April 2008, 15:27
Hi spindrift, tnx for your reply..and now i got idea where we go..regards to your gf. take care!

aug06_2006
16th April 2008, 15:42
Hi vbkelly, tnx for your suggestion..yes, we dicided to goin in Bohol i really excited to see the chocolate hills and the tarsia. Then we proceed to Ormoc City to see the MacArthur Shrine.

Btw, when ka naabot diha sa Davao? miz ko na Davao pki regards nalang diha ha hehehe bitaw oi, take care and pag enjoy jud diha maayo.

aposhark
16th April 2008, 15:55
Welcome spindrift :)

spindrift
16th April 2008, 20:20
Hi KeithAngel
Thanks for your welcome, regarding phils visa, what i did to stay for more that the standard 21 days was to book a flight back to HongKong 1 way to show immigration on my way in that i had a forwarding ticket before the 21 days was up. Then i went to the bureau of immigration in Cebu a couple of days later with my gf ( now fiancee) Rose, and applied for a visa extention there, paid my money 2500 peso's showed ID with the application form and 20 mins later "bingo" a visa extention for another 4 weeks even though i only asked for 1 week. Then i cancelled my Hong Kong flight and can get most of my money back, but because i used a credit card that will take three months. Never mind the flight was only £31 with Cebu Pacific and i think this process beats going to London taking a day off (self employed) to apply then another day off to get it. Now, i know that you can apply by post but i am not posting my passport, simple as that. All the best Spindrift, enjoy your 6 months.