PDA

View Full Version : Got Fiancee visa - Post Question

compldc72
18th April 2008, 21:08
My girlfriend called me today to say after 5 weeks she got her finacee visa approved. She failed a visitor visa 3 months so very pleased!!!!!

what is the CFO thing everyone keeps going on about once they have their visa? This seems to be an day seminar thing? Does my gf need to do this and how?
I know she has had her biometrics done, she handed the application in person in manila, is this enough or does she have more to do?

thanks

Lee

mike1
18th April 2008, 22:17
Yeah she will have to do a one day seminar (CFO) in Manila , make sure she gets there early to register, it can be done on two days in the week , not sure what the two days are, but its important she has it done . Good luck :xxgrinning--00xx3:

chino
18th April 2008, 22:26
well done! - for your aswa ko (to be)

keithAngel
18th April 2008, 22:50
Cash Forwarding Overseas?

gracia143
18th April 2008, 23:11
If she is from Cebu then she can do the CFO there. Type CFO on the search function and you can find a lot of helpful informations that other forum members have posted. Don't worry as this is really a straightforward thing. It will only be a half-day event if she is lucky. Good luck!

Piamed
19th April 2008, 00:57
Double check with the CFo in Cebu before you go. My asawa and others have had a number of issues there and ended up having to go to Cagayan do oro. Admittedly that was passport related but things have a way of changing suddenly.

Good luck! T

5olidsnake
19th April 2008, 11:45
http://www.cfo.gov.ph/fs_manila.htm

andypaul
19th April 2008, 12:21
Double check with the CFo in Cebu before you go. My asawa and others have had a number of issues there and ended up having to go to Cagayan do oro. Admittedly that was passport related but things have a way of changing suddenly.

Good luck! T

Its worth going to the CFO before the application if married like you did to get things sorted. We also found its a good dry run to get all the paperwork prepared and checked before the big application as well.

Im sure it helps in some cases to already have changed your passport to your husbands name (if thats what you wish to do no law in either country says you have to) but it shows a comitment to the process

lastly less hassles other visa issued as you just have to pop into get the stamp whilst in manila takes about an hour (fast for phill anyway)

aug06_2006
19th April 2008, 12:53
congrats to u both!

LEAHnew
19th April 2008, 13:18
:Hellooo:Congratulation to both of you:Hellooo:

kimmi
19th April 2008, 18:57
Congrats, well done...:)

search some posts here re CFO...