PDA

View Full Version : britain's got talent

chino
19th April 2008, 20:59
a filipino is now on ITV 3 - not many around who are are not nurses... :D

http://ukpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5juVioqNi_rW1Dd7fY_AWl1KOviUQ

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/entertainment-news/2008/04/19/britain-s-got-talent-hopeful-madonna-sings-to-save-her-kids-86908-20387779/

http://www.mirror.co.uk/showbiz/tv/realitytv/2008/04/19/britain-s-got-talent-hopeful-madonna-decia-s-pain-89520-20387468/

Piamed
19th April 2008, 21:03
I have been finding filipinos on talent shows in US, UK, Norway, Dubai, everywhere and its o surprise!

chino
19th April 2008, 21:05
Brought a tear to my eye - when she made that phone call or is this the vodka talking :D

Piamed
19th April 2008, 21:10
Hahaha! I think you would have cried anyway as it was a choker but the vodka probably helped too. T

imbazzer
19th April 2008, 21:11
Really nice to see filipino on tv great hope she goes all the way.

andypaul
19th April 2008, 21:14
out of intrest how did she get here?

I think most of the Wifes family will be spending a little more time
on the videoke after the next time the wife calls

KeithD
19th April 2008, 21:47
Britain's only have one talent.....'Crime' :)

aromulus
20th April 2008, 07:11
Britain's only have one talent.....'Crime' :)

Says the scouser..........:icon_lol:

ervenescence
20th April 2008, 08:18
Too many sub-stories, the most common thing to do in this kind of show. Weep to the audience, tears, got bullied, poor me and blah blah blah.

Eljohno
20th April 2008, 08:37
Too many sub-stories, the most common thing to do in this kind of show. Weep to the audience, tears, got bullied, poor me and blah blah blah.

The bottom line was that she has a great voice no matter what else happens.... :xxgrinning--00xx3:

ervenescence
20th April 2008, 08:46
Yeah I can see that, I hope the british public will vote and support for her on the rest of the competition.
You know what its like sometimes, audience vote for those who entertained them, not the one whose got the real talent. :NoNo:

Goodluck misis :)

andypaul
20th April 2008, 09:25

What my Wife thought really embrassed her that she was not relying on her talent alone and possibly embrassing the Woman herself wouldn't be surprised if the producers are telling her to put it on.

The look in Simon Cowells eye said it all thinks shes an ok singer but nothing out of the ordinary but he knows its not all about talent if the crowd like you and happy.
He is happy becuse ratings are helped and possible a record or two can be producded. Then back to the clubs she goes,with the as seen on britain has talent added to her flyer.
He did the No vote just to see the reaction, the response said if she released that cover at least a few of the audience will take the burberry phone covers of their phones and download it.

Good luck to them both

joebloggs
20th April 2008, 10:39
my misses cringed when she started crying, many working here have not seen their kids or families for years, my wife hasn't seen her family for 3 yrs :cwm24:, but its a lot harder not seeing your kids :cwm24:

but shes not as good a singer or good looking as Ramiele Malubay who made it to the final top 10 of American Idol a couple of weeks ago :xxgrinning--00xx3:

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=jfvc7bQdIW4

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc6jcOi39XQ&feature=related

ervenescence
20th April 2008, 10:56
my misses cringed when she started crying

Thats what exactly my hubby felt..lol

He said, don't be silly misis.

pasta
20th April 2008, 20:52
Speaking of Britain's Got Talent ....I'm a proud auntie!!! go charlie go!

chino
20th April 2008, 22:29
Speaking of Britain's Got Talent ....I'm a proud auntie!!! go charlie go!

which one is Charlie ?

andy17
20th April 2008, 22:50
The bottom line was that she has a great voice no matter what else happens.... :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Great voice... and the sob stories are part of the attraction of the show... Cowell has a great formula here and in the US and it draws huge audiences to see people exactly like Madonna. It's not just about talent but about the 'act'. I hope she does well!
Go Madonna, Go! :bigcry:

pasta
21st April 2008, 05:30
which one is Charlie ?

A ten years old school boy from Droitwich who sang Summer Wind. :BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

Piamed
21st April 2008, 06:17
A ten years old school boy from Droitwich who sang Summer Wind. :BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

:doh:doh:doh:doh:doh:doh

Gavanddal
21st April 2008, 06:55
So who's Charlies mother? She looked like a Filipina. Is she your sister then Pasta?

gadgets
21st April 2008, 12:55

Charlie has a great voice and more amazing is how poised he was in front of such a large audience. Hope he gets to the finals.

pasta
21st April 2008, 13:24
So who's Charlies mother? She looked like a Filipina. Is she your sister then Pasta?

Yes Gavanddal, she's a filipina....my elder sister.:BouncyHappy:

alicat
21st April 2008, 13:58
Yes Gavanddal, she's a filipina....my elder sister.:BouncyHappy:

really?well goodluck to her:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

pasta
21st April 2008, 20:20
really?well goodluck to her:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Hi alicat, Charlie Green is my nephew... a half filipino and british. :BouncyHappy:

chino
22nd April 2008, 00:36
Hi alicat, Charlie Green is my nephew... a half filipino and british. :BouncyHappy:

well good luck for Charlie! - still not seen him yet.. maybe on youtube?

chino
22nd April 2008, 00:39
update....

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jrIXNuhKAjs

He was / is really good...

Alan
22nd April 2008, 02:03
People also cry when I sing.:D

Al.:)

chino
22nd April 2008, 11:53

:smileybigtmouth: :smileybigtmouth: :smileybigtmouth: :23_116_6[1]: :23_116_6[1]: :23_116_6[1]:

LadyJ
23rd April 2008, 15:08
Madonna Decena video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RbNez044io

kimmi
23rd April 2008, 18:25

why Prof??:NoNo::NoNo:

:omg::omg::omg::Erm::doh:icon_lol::icon_lol:

jencha8569
23rd April 2008, 18:50
out of intrest how did she get here?

I think most of the Wifes family will be spending a little more time
on the videoke after the next time the wife calls

as what on news here she is in uk working as an ofw (singer)not sure what kind of establishement it is..hehe

andypaul
23rd April 2008, 20:12
as what on news here she is in uk working as an ofw (singer)not sure what kind of establishement it is..hehe

She is here on a student Visa studying music and production.

Im hoping to get the Wifes bro and sis out here to study media studies, well they should be good at it they watch tv all day and surf the web :xxgrinning--00xx3:

ervenescence
23rd April 2008, 22:11
Britains got talent from Philippines :D

aromulus
23rd April 2008, 22:24
Britains got talent from Philippines :D

Everytime I was clocking the local talent in Cebu, Jet gave me some funny looks...... :Erm:

IainBusby
25th April 2008, 09:23

My missus just got a very brief glimpse of the proud parents and she said, "she a filipina".

You should ask her to sign up to FilipinoUk Pasta!!!

I've seen some singers in my time and I even made my living as one myself for a while, but Charlie really is something else, amazing!

Iain.

gadgets
25th April 2008, 10:37
he was in last night's ITV Midlands news. seems he started performing early, they showed a clip of him performing when he was five. he really has a great chance in winning. he can also go back to pinas and become a star there if he wants to.

IainBusby
25th April 2008, 11:00
he was in last night's ITV Midlands news. seems he started performing early, they showed a clip of him performing when he was five. he really has a great chance in winning. he can also go back to pinas and become a star there if he wants to.

Yea I seen that, brilliant!!!

Iain.

jencha8569
25th April 2008, 12:39
[QUOTE=andypaul;62453]She is here on a student Visa studying music and production.

opps:doh.. i didnt know that. news here says shes an ofw..
newia, she got talent big time:D

joebloggs
25th April 2008, 12:46
She is here on a student Visa studying music and production.

Im hoping to get the Wifes bro and sis out here to study media studies, well they should be good at it they watch tv all day and surf the web :xxgrinning--00xx3:

i thought she said she was cleaning offices :Erm:

andypaul
25th April 2008, 23:55
i thought she said she was cleaning offices :Erm:

heres the mirror quote from one of the links above

She made the heart-rending decision to leave them in the Philippines and move to Manchester on a student visa in 2006.
As well as studying a music and production course, her plan was to make cash singing in clubs to send to her girls, aged five and six, who live with her parents. But she is struggling and has not seen them for six month

After this afternoon overhearing a few phone convos and what not while on a vist to a certain production company i had my thoughts confirmed on these talent shows:NoNo:

David House
28th April 2008, 10:20
I think a rather big point is being missed here. Madonna is here on a student visa and although this entitles her to do a limited amount of work to support herself the rules specifically prohibit working as an "entertainer". I thing she, and maybe the show, will hit stormy waters if the IND start to take an interest as she openly admitted she was working the clubs.
This could reflect badly on other Filipinos with the current underlying anti immigration mood of the British public.
My wife, who is a Filipina but is now naturalised British too, is also a singer and fronts a function band so we know a little about both sides of this story. Madonna's voice is OK, but nothing exceptional by Filipino standards where as we all know there are some great singers. Her sob story is hardly unfamiliar, as so many have to leave family behind ,and bringing that to a wider audience is no bad thing.

andypaul
28th April 2008, 13:12
I think a rather big point is being missed here. Madonna is here on a student visa and although this entitles her to do a limited amount of work to support herself the rules specifically prohibit working as an "entertainer". I thing she, and maybe the show, will hit stormy waters if the IND start to take an interest as she openly admitted she was working the clubs.
This could reflect badly on other Filipinos with the current underlying anti immigration mood of the British public.
My wife, who is a Filipina but is now naturalised British too, is also a singer and fronts a function band so we know a little about both sides of this story. Madonna's voice is OK, but nothing exceptional by Filipino standards where as we all know there are some great singers. Her sob story is hardly unfamiliar, as so many have to leave family behind ,and bringing that to a wider audience is no bad thing.

Shes being used by the production company just as all the others are, im sure they want the IND to take intrest so they get more publicty.
All news is good news

LEAHnew
4th May 2008, 04:37
:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:Charlie Green and Madonna, I've watched local news last night it was televised in GMA 7 Kapuso mo Jesica Soho. I got emotional when I watched Madonna's story:bigcry::bigcry: She got interviewed while her friend chatting her online using ym:)

Proud of Pinoys:xxgrinning--00xx3: Mabuhay Madonna and Charlie!:Hellooo::Hellooo: