PDA

View Full Version : how long must i have met my fiancee

phillip
19th April 2008, 21:27
hi could anyone tell me is there a minimum time i have to have met my fiancee before we apply for fiancee visa?we met online aug 2007 and plan to apply for fiancee visa 28 april 2008 are there rules for this?one more question in the application form i think there is a question asking if i already support her the truth is i help her with a few things but she dosn't realy need my support at the moment but i will pay for the visa flight ect.so what should she say for the question am i already supporting her .
regards phillip

chino
19th April 2008, 21:34
That's quick to get engaged... how many trips have you been to see her? I would say a minimum of 3 times myself before applying.. (met mine 3 times, booked the 4 :D )

phillip
19th April 2008, 21:43
we met aug 07,i visited her for 3 weeks feb got engaged while i was there .are there any rules for this.

KeithD
19th April 2008, 21:46
we met aug 07,i visited her for 3 weeks feb got engaged while i was there.....
You're a bit slow compared to others on here :icon_lol:

Piamed
19th April 2008, 21:46
I think there are many that did the same thing and in the same time frame. I don't believe there is a minimum time frame but you must be able to demonstrate a consistent and developed relationship, communication and intent to marry and stay together. Being able to demonstrate that you have been providing subsistence support to your intended goes a long way also.

T

Eljohno
19th April 2008, 21:54
Your time line will be no problem!!

phillip
19th April 2008, 21:58
thanks piamed ,i have supported her when she needed it and like i said im sending for visa and plane fares ect ,but my fiancee dosnt need to be supported full time .any idea how we should answer the question in the application form (am i already supporting her)?

andypaul
19th April 2008, 22:04
hi could anyone tell me is there a minimum time i have to have met my fiancee before we apply for fiancee visa?we met online aug 2007 and plan to apply for fiancee visa 28 april 2008 are there rules for this?one more question in the application form i think there is a question asking if i already support her the truth is i help her with a few things but she dosn't realy need my support at the moment but i will pay for the visa flight ect.so what should she say for the question am i already supporting her .
regards phillip

You can put you support her, evn if it is just for a few things.

There is no technical limit on when you can apply from what i have read. But you will need good evidence you have met and kept in constant communication.