PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Pete for "british-filipino.com"

aposhark
22nd April 2008, 12:52
I would just like to congratulate Pete and his web site british-filipino.com
A real labour of love and an invaluable resource.:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

I'm sure the masses of info there has helped so many people.

The stuff about bar girls should be given to every wandering single man in search of love. :Cuckoo::Cuckoo:

Alan
22nd April 2008, 13:01
Couldn't agree more!

Even our Keith deserves another mensh. from me - although he is rather stingy with his green blobs.

However, on a VERY serious note, why don't people like Pete and Keith, who GENUINELY help people for no reward (except maybe their Google hits) get recognised in the ridiculous Honours lists - rather than some of the fat cat billionaires and politicians who, quite frankly, in my humble opinion, should be taken into the middle of a field and SHOT!!!

I've done this before haven't I? This should really be a Rant.

How about though - Peter MBE
or Keith CDM (Think back on that one!!)

Once again though - well done Peter and Keith - and thanks! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Al.:)

andypaul
22nd April 2008, 18:53
I would just like to congratulate Pete and his web site british-filipino.com
A real labour of love and an invaluable resource.:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

I'm sure the masses of info there has helped so many people.

The stuff about bar girls should be given to every wandering single man in search of love. :Cuckoo::Cuckoo:

Have you read Petes early postings on here? Some i think are noe on his website other gems are not all worth reading and a great inspiration to others. If you want to help others one of the best ways is to write about your own expereiences which help those by letting them know others have been there and done it and also learn from your mistakes and sucess.

Some of the best tips i have picked up are form people simply recalling the day they went to the CFO or to croydon peo for example.

I first saw Rob and Petes postings on Aswa (a yankie site which no longer exists) and saw one of them recomend filp uk.

At the time it was like a big block of flats with just a few tenants but everyone was so helpful as they are today.
The humour and helpfulness was also a godsend after the American umm crazyness (most of the threads ended up in arguments it appeared)

aromulus
22nd April 2008, 19:10
I first saw Rob and Petes postings on Aswa (a yankie site which no longer exists) and saw one of them recomend filp uk.

The humour and helpfulness was also a godsend after the American umm crazyness (most of the threads ended up in arguments it appeared)

Yes, I remember ASAWA with a certain fondness.:NoNo:

And yes, there I followed Pete's link to his website, where my eyes were opened to what to expect for the future if I did not desist from that course of action....:NoNo:

And Rob directed me to fil. uk.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Since then, I haven't looked back.....:D

Sincere thanks to all involved.