i just ring the home office about my visa,issue 03/10/08
its valid until 03/10/08,i arrived here 14/11/08,i just find out
that i need to extend my visa,to complete the 2 years,so i can apply
for ILR,then i need to pay £395 by post or £595 if i apply it
in person,:NoNo::NoNo::doh.what a pain.:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:
after that more money again for ILR.:Brick::Brick:

kimmi
30th April 2008, 13:58
oh sorry to hear that sis, at least u know it now before its too late..

joebloggs
30th April 2008, 14:33
i just ring the home office about my visa,issue 03/10/08
its valid until 03/10/08,i arrived here 14/11/08,i just find out
that i need to extend my visa,to complete the 2 years,so i can apply
for ILR,then i need to pay £395 by post or £595 if i apply it
in person,:NoNo::NoNo::doh.what a pain.:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:
after that more money again for ILR.:Brick::Brick:

:Erm::NoNo::Erm::doh

you arrived in 2007 or 2008 ?

when was your visa issued ? :Erm:

when did you come to the uk 14/11/2008 :Erm: :yikes:

Eljohno
30th April 2008, 15:58
We made the mistake of not getting into the UK within the 28 days and ended up paying that amount and there is nothing you can do other than just pay it!!

alicat
30th April 2008, 16:10
oh sorry to hear that sis, at least u know it now before its too late..

yah,i know,its just too much stressed.:doh:doh

alicat
30th April 2008, 16:16
:Erm::NoNo::Erm::doh

you arrived in 2007 or 2008 ?

when was your visa issued ? :Erm:

when did you come to the uk 14/11/2008 :Erm: :yikes:

ooops..sorry,my visa valid from 03/10/06,valid until 03/10/08,
i come here 14/11/06,:)im out of my mind earlier when i find
out about it,:Erm::Erm::doh

alicat
30th April 2008, 16:20
We made the mistake of not getting into the UK within the 28 days and ended up paying that amount and there is nothing you can do other than just pay it!!

yah,i dont have any choice:rolleyes::rolleyes:
:rolleyes::rolleyes::REGamblMoney01HL1:

joebloggs
30th April 2008, 16:46

11 days. oh, some people have got away with more than that, but it all depends on the case worker, if it was one or 2 days i would risk it, but 11 you could get away with it ,but you risk losing your money and even possibly becoming an overstayer if your visa expires before you make another app..

flr you can apply for anytime :xxgrinning--00xx3:

LadyJ
30th April 2008, 17:01
Hmm. another victim.

Nothing else you can do now, atleast you now know what you have to do.

LadyJ
30th April 2008, 17:04

we're April 2009 now my dear, aren't you supposed to extend your visa last year before your visa was expired?

alicat
30th April 2008, 17:04
11 days. oh, some people have got away with more than that, but it all depends on the case worker, if it was one or 2 days i would risk it, but 11 you could get away with it ,but you risk losing your money and even possibly becoming an overstayer if your visa expires before you make another app..

flr you can apply for anytime :xxgrinning--00xx3:

im a bit confussed,if i apply for FLR,its 2 years visa right?
(corect me if im wrong)so when can i apply for ILR?or
can i apply for citizenship straight away after 3 years?:Erm::Erm:

LadyJ
30th April 2008, 17:07
AFter you have extended your visa and completed your 2 years in UK (your missing 11 days) you can then apply for your ILR.

Apply for British Citizenship after a year later you've received your Indefinite.

Is that make any sense? lol.

alicat
30th April 2008, 17:13
AFter you have extended your visa and completed your 2 years in UK (your missing 11 days) you can then apply for your ILR.

Apply for British Citizenship after a year later you've received your Indefinite.

Is that make any sense? lol.

:Erm::Erm:nah...
thanks a lot lady...:):):xxgrinning--00xx3:

Eljohno
30th April 2008, 17:24
The FLR that you need to pay for because you arrived after the allowed 28 days will only last for the length of time from when you first got you visa until you actually arrived so you will only have to wait just over a month so apart from the awful amount they charge for the FLR you will be ok!!

joebloggs
30th April 2008, 18:16
im a bit confussed,if i apply for FLR,its 2 years visa right?
(corect me if im wrong)so when can i apply for ILR?or
can i apply for citizenship straight away after 3 years?:Erm::Erm:

the case worker will probably only give you FLR until you've been in the uk 2years, not an extra 2 yrs, becuase they can possibly make more money out of you, you need to pass the 'life in the uk test' b4 you apply for ILR..

you can apply for FLR anytime b4 your visa expires,
ILR no more than 28 days b4 you've been in the uk 2 yrs.

you should always apply for visa asap so if there is a problem, you will have time to reapply, your visa will hopefully not have expired by then :NoNo:

so in your case to apply for ILR , you came to the uk on the 14/11/2006, and the earliest you can apply for ILR is after 2 yrs - (upto 28 days) when you first entered the uk

err 17th oct 2008,

but your visa will have expired 3rd of oct 2008, your an overstayer :yikes::yikes::yikes:

so if you apply for FLR, you should get it til 14th nov 2008, and so you can apply for ILR upto 28 days b4 that date, so you can apply for ILR
btw 17th oct to the 7th nov 2008 (you could infact leave it til the last minute the 13th of nov, but i wouldn't take the risk, incase they say they didnt get it on the 14th :cwm24:)

check the dates yourself and with IND, cause i'm off home now :D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

telford
1st May 2008, 06:05
hi alicat, dont wori your problem is not as worst as mine...coz i got my visa 05/10/06 then i went there in uk 13/10/06.then march 2007 me and my husband decide to stay in phils.,but now we like to go back there...so my probs now is what documents to submit to the home office when more than a year were stayin here in Phils..hohoho...

alicat
1st May 2008, 08:33
thank you so much joe,definitely appreciated...

joebloggs
1st May 2008, 10:48
citizenship you can apply for after you've been in the uk 3 years, not a day sooner ( there are conditions thou, you must have not been out of the uk a xxx number of days in the 3 yrs and i think its 90 in the last year) :D

sorry cannot remember and i've got no time to check, but download the app it will tell you there :rolleyes:

ginapeterb
1st May 2008, 11:03
Been there, worn the t shirt, that says "My wife is a Filipino, she did not come immedeatly her visa was issued, she decided she wanted to resign from her job, have a despedida de soltera party, see all the principal sponsors, have a few weeks to pack her suitcases - then we found she was here 3 months after visa issued, and I cost my husband £395.00 for another visa"

joebloggs
1st May 2008, 11:45
Been there, worn the t shirt, that says "My wife is a Filipino, she did not come immedeatly her visa was issued, she decided she wanted to resign from her job, have a despedida de soltera party, see all the principal sponsors, have a few weeks to pack her suitcases - then we found she was here 3 months after visa issued, and I cost my husband £395.00 for another visa"

could be worse pete, at least your wife was 3 months late, unlike some people who had to pay for being a week past the 28 days :bigcry:

my wife did the same, waiting for exam results and went to see her parents etc b4 coming here, 6 wks late, but a bit of luck, i only had to pay once for all 3 of them on the same FLR form :xxgrinning--00xx3:

alicat
1st May 2008, 13:31
could be worse pete, at least your wife was 3 months late, unlike some people who had to pay for being a week past the 28 days :bigcry:

:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::NoNo:

alicat
1st May 2008, 13:36
citizenship you can apply for after you've been in the uk 3 years, not a day sooner ( there are conditions thou, you must have not been out of the uk a xxx number of days in the 3 yrs and i think its 90 in the last year) :D

sorry cannot remember and i've got no time to check, but download the app it will tell you there :rolleyes:

thanks again joe,my hubby just read your reply
and we have an idea now..:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:
mybe u have time later,can u please let me know:Erm::Erm::doh
(just kidding):icon_lol::icon_lol:::)

joebloggs
1st May 2008, 13:50
if your not going to take the risk of just applying for ILR, and your going to apply for FLR first, then i would do it asap, to get it out of the way and so you have your passport back in lots of time, as you will need it again to send with your ILR app :D

alicat
1st May 2008, 14:03
if your not going to take the risk of just applying for ILR, and your going to apply for FLR first, then i would do it asap, to get it out of the way and so you have your passport back in lots of time, as you will need it again to send with your ILR app :D

alright,thats a very good advise:xxgrinning--00xx3:,can i apply for FLR now?
or u think its too early?the thing is i need my passfort by july coz i have appointment in spanish embassy,and it takes 3 weeks to get the visa.

im not going to take the risk of just applying for ILR...Im going to
apply for FLR first..