PDA

View Full Version : Chelsea beat Liverpool in dramatic semi

Win2Win
30th April 2008, 23:50
Didier Drogba and Frank Lampard strike as Chelsea beat Liverpool 4-3 on aggregate to reach their first Champions League final.

More... (http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/sport1/hi/football/europe/7368736.stm)

aromulus
1st May 2008, 06:59
Didier Drogba and Frank Lampard strike as Chelsea beat Liverpool 4-3 on aggregate to reach their first Champions League final.

More... (http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/sport1/hi/football/europe/7368736.stm)

Forgive me for saying it......:omg:

But I did say that "nobody" will beat Chelsea at the Bridge...:D

It was a great game, and Drogba, quite rightly, made Benitez choke on his earlier nasty comments about him, with two superb goals....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Three weeks from now is Moscow, and the grand final, Where the fat lady sings....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Will Chelsea win....??? I dearly hope so...

joebloggs
1st May 2008, 08:21
:icon_lol::D:icon_lol:

chelsea were lucky against united dom, but they will not be so lucky next time :D

united were :censored:, but if one of those goalline clearences went in :rolleyes:

united to win both dom, you know its so :icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3:

aromulus
1st May 2008, 08:41
:icon_lol::D:icon_lol:

chelsea were lucky against united dom, but they will not be so lucky next time :D

united were :censored:, but if one of those goalline clearences went in :rolleyes:

united to win both dom, you know its so :icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Don't count your chicks before they are hatched....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

There could be a real upset with UTD, and lose both....:rolleyes:

You never know....:omg:

For the time being, I am happy with Chelsea going to Moscow, once there, in neutral ground, who knows...?

May the best team win, that is all I say.... CHELSEA....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
1st May 2008, 09:31
Amazing isn't Joe......the end of the season, and Chelsea start playing football in the last week :icon_lol: .....not my view....look at the crowd levels at Stamford all season :NoNo:

ManU to win now, Chelsea will still get shafted out of a major Cup by a North-West team for umpteen years in a row :D

aromulus
1st May 2008, 10:05
ManU to win now, Chelsea will still get shafted out of a major Cup by a North-West team for umpteen years in a row :D

I admire yours and Joe's unswerving loyalty to your respective teams, but let's wait until the end, huh....???:xxgrinning--00xx3:

bornatbirth
1st May 2008, 10:27
wat wine do u recommend for winning the double?

KeithD
1st May 2008, 10:44
Anything with alcohol....it all tastes the same after the 3rd bottle :icon_lol:

bornatbirth
1st May 2008, 11:03
i like blue nun,do they still make that vintage?

aromulus
1st May 2008, 11:04

You are in need of some serious wine education.....:NoNo:

joebloggs
1st May 2008, 11:38
You are in need of some serious wine education.....:NoNo:

thats one thing you could teach me dom, but i'm not willing to learn,
i wouldn't know a Chateau Margaux 1787 from a bottle of tesco plonk :Erm:

it taste like :vomit-smiley-011: to me, give me some sunny-d anyday :cwm12::Rasp::Cuckoo:

i'm not counting chickens, i would rather a team win with a few brits in it :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:Britain:

aromulus
1st May 2008, 12:04
i'm not counting chickens, i would rather a team win with a few brits in it :xxgrinning--00xx3::Britain:

What... Like Oxford ....?????

KeithD
1st May 2008, 12:35
What... Like Oxford ....?????
Arsenal :Erm:

aromulus
1st May 2008, 13:54

Anything with alcohol....it all tastes the same after the 3rd bottle :icon_lol:

Here is your answer.....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
1st May 2008, 15:21
I've changed my mind about what I PM'd you about :D :icon_lol:

bornatbirth
1st May 2008, 19:40

crikey hes getting as funny as u BOSS

give it a few games and he will be crying into his bitter blue wine:icon_lol:

KeithD
1st May 2008, 20:07
crikey hes getting as funny as u BOSS

...but I'm not funny....ask Banana :Erm:

andypaul
1st May 2008, 20:59
...but I'm not funny....ask Banana :Erm:

and he took our chips:bigcry:

KeithD
1st May 2008, 22:36
Well done to RANGERS :)

Eljohno
1st May 2008, 22:56
There was a guy on the radio who was a Chelsea fan saying that Utd and Chelsea will dominate football at least for 10 years.. hmmm Chelsea fans getting a bit ahead of themselves i think as i still believe the best is yet to come with Liverpool but do not think it will be under their current manager.

Well done Rangers a great season for British clubs!!

KeithD
2nd May 2008, 09:10
So the 'old' boys messed up in all the semi's then.......Viara last night missed a sitter by standing on the ball 1ft from the goal line, then took a shot and killed a pigeon on the roof, and missed a penalty costing them a place in the Final by doing a Beckham special......

......the old boys of Barcelona underperformed, they need to bring in some you kids now instead of recycling the olds......only heard Henry mentioned twice in the whole match...

.....and then Riise (way slow these days) scored for Chelse, and Hypia gave them another goal.....the guy scored two OG's at the start of the season......and Benitoss took off Torres.....some things never change.

...and talking of old boys, heard some ManU fans earlier in the week having a go at Giggs....:Erm:....shows you what they know about footy.

aromulus
2nd May 2008, 09:22
...and talking of old boys, heard some ManU fans earlier in the week having a go at Giggs....:Erm:....shows you what they know about footy.

Pack mentality....:NoNo:

Like hungry wolves, they turn on each other in lean times.....:omg:

jimeve
2nd May 2008, 10:08
There was a guy on the radio who was a Chelsea fan saying that Utd and Chelsea will dominate football at least for 10 years.. hmmm Chelsea fans getting a bit ahead of themselves i think as i still believe the best is yet to come with Liverpool but do not think it will be under their current manager.

Well done Rangers a great season for British clubs!!

Hi, you're forgetting Arsenal, they're doing it the hard way, no billionaire to
buy the best players.

England as a National team, forget it, to many foreign players, should be restricted to only three foreign players per team , same as Italy. OH have
they won it more than England. wonder why:rolleyes:

KeithD
2nd May 2008, 11:04
should be restricted to only three foreign players per team

If they do, it's illegal, and will be forced to stop at some point.

We've had Johnny Foreigner in County cricket, rugby, etc for years, the English teams can still do well, so it's not an excuse. Most English players are overpaid & overrated.

jimeve
2nd May 2008, 15:29
What no Euro 08, I wonder why :rolleyes:

think it will be a :censored: summer. :bigcry:

KeithD
2nd May 2008, 16:16
Because:
A. The ove-rpaid over-hyped players would rather be elsewhere
B. The manager.....nuff said :D (Playing reputation and sponsorship value rather than skill/form)

andypaul
2nd May 2008, 17:33
Hi, you're forgetting Arsenal, they're doing it the hard way, no billionaire to
buy the best players.

England as a National team, forget it, to many foreign players, should be restricted to only three foreign players per team , same as Italy. OH have
they won it more than England. wonder why:rolleyes:

Sadly Italy are not restricted to three foreign players as its agaisnt eu rules. Some one from Italian football was lamenting it the other day on the TV (cant remeber who) even though they are world cup champions the future looks bleak due to the same problem of to many players from abroad.

ervenescence
2nd May 2008, 21:05
Drogba has a face looks like struck by lightning and squeezed by hundred devils :omg::Cuckoo:

how come rooney is the ugliest footballer in the world accdg to survey polled by women, but drogba is not even on the top 10? :doh

andypaul
2nd May 2008, 21:26
Drogba has a face looks like struck by lightning and squeezed by hundred devils :omg::Cuckoo:

how come rooney is the ugliest footballer in the world accdg to survey polled by women, but drogba is not even on the top 10? :doh

Hes even scarier in the flesh having seen him both during football matches and walking around in london:omg:

jimeve
3rd May 2008, 10:58
Sadly Italy are not restricted to three foreign players as its agaisnt eu rules. Some one from Italian football was lamenting it the other day on the TV (cant remeber who) even though they are world cup champions the future looks bleak due to the same problem of to many players from abroad.

Okey i'v got a bit behind with that ruling, they used to, same as Germany,france.

So it all favers the big clubs, small clubs have to use talent/brains, big clubs
just get me that fat cheque book, lets buy joe blogs (no offense joe). :action-smiley-081:

KeithD
3rd May 2008, 11:03
Aresnal has the best youth support in the World, and not only that, takes women's footy serious, which probably explains why they keeping winning at that level as well.

andypaul
3rd May 2008, 18:06
Okey i'v got a bit behind with that ruling, they used to, same as Germany,france.

So it all favers the big clubs, small clubs have to use talent/brains, big clubs
just get me that fat cheque book, lets buy joe blogs (no offense joe). :action-smiley-081:

Today at football we were chatting about how international football just isn't that high a level now.

If you put the best countries in with the best club sides in a league or cup the countries would not fair as well.

Many people i know don't have any intrest in England games they are just a joke and if its club versus country for a player to decide due to injuries most would rather see the player turn out for the club it seemed.

joebloggs
3rd May 2008, 19:48
dom. 4 -1 it could be all over tomoz for chelsea :xxgrinning--00xx3:

the pressure is on them now.. :D

KeithD
3rd May 2008, 21:40
What about Fulham? :yikes: Doing a Pompey special!!

jimeve
4th May 2008, 13:06
Today at football we were chatting about how international football just isn't that high a level now.

If you put the best countries in with the best club sides in a league or cup the countries would not fair as well.

Many people i know don't have any intrest in England games they are just a joke and if its club versus country for a player to decide due to injuries most would rather see the player turn out for the club it seemed.

your right there, Ferguson biggest culprit, he had a lot to say when scholes
quit international football.

aug06_2006
4th May 2008, 13:25
can't wait to watch to the final hehehe!

aromulus
4th May 2008, 13:34
dom. 4 -1 it could be all over tomoz for chelsea :xxgrinning--00xx3:

the pressure is on them now.. :D

I will have to kick that cat........ Look what it keeps dragging in..........:NoNo:

Oh well, there is Moscow to look forward to... :xxgrinning--00xx3:

jimeve
4th May 2008, 13:35
Don't hold your breath if you mean England, maybe next century or three :Brick: