PDA

View Full Version : Bohol or Davao?

Eljohno
1st May 2008, 21:04
I hope i am not starting to bore people with the name of this thread but was wondering if you had to choose a place to live for the rest of your life between Bohol and Davao which one would you choose?

What are the pros & cons of both?

Take into consideration things like education, good hospitals, quality of life, sheer beauty, access and i could go on but i am sure you get the idea

These are some of the things we have to consider as its such a big decision!!

I think in Bohol it would probably have to be within reach of Tagliaran and with Davao not to central with all the fumes etc..

Of course we will not rule out other places but these are the top two at present...

gadgets
1st May 2008, 23:58
:) :) need I say what I would opt for :D

but I will try to provide an unbaised view :D

access:

davao - airport which has international flights (silk air and I think garuda)
bohol - small airport but just a supercat ride away from tagbilaran is cebu/mactan airport

hospitals: I think davao has the edge here but I have only been to bohol twice and had no need for a hospital

i give up :ARsurrender:, based on the fact that I have only been to bohol twice as a tourist my opinion is :censored: :D

if you have the time, just spend time in both cities, maybe rent first before buying and then decide. as i am not familar with your situation but do you need to take into consideration income potential/business opportunities? how about your wife's relatives, do you want them close by or be as far away from them?

gemini63
2nd May 2008, 02:12
I hope i am not starting to bore people with the name of this thread but was wondering if you had to choose a place to live for the rest of your life between Bohol and Davao which one would you choose?

Take into consideration things like education, good hospitals, quality of life, sheer beauty, access and i could go on but i am sure you get the idea

I think in Bohol it would probably have to be within reach of Tagliaran and with Davao not to central with all the fumes etc..

Of course we will not rule out other places but these are the top two at present...
hi...
just to let let u know..DAVAO IS A LOVABLE CITY TO LIVE..its not because i came from davao..but with experiences of having gone round to almost all of places in phil..i still found out that davao city is the best..even compared to prices and the way way people around did with their lives... really no stress leaving in davao...

Alan
2nd May 2008, 02:23

Not much use to you John, but Dumaguete!

Then I would be able to help you with your work. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Al.:)

nethlewy
2nd May 2008, 06:01
[QUOTE=gadgets;63981]:) :) need I say what I would opt for :D

davao - airport which has international flights (silk air and I think garuda)
bohol - small airport but just a supercat ride away from tagbilaran is cebu/mactan airport

Gloria Macapagal Arroyo was in Bohol a couple of years ago to open the new/widened coast road. She wants to attract tourism, mainly from other Asian countries, to the area and so has given her backing for a new international airport at Panglao/Bohol.

Groundworks have now begun on the new airport.

I do not know if you would find having an international airport and lots of Chinese and Korean tourists an attraction for Bohol as a place to stay or for bringing benefits to Boholanians.

Note that most attempts at attracting tourism to the Philippines have failed in the past.

Eljohno
2nd May 2008, 08:01
One of the factors will be the difference in price for the land!!

I will be working for a Charity that is from Ireland so income for me is already sorted..

It is nice to know that Davao seems to be a safe city.

We are in no hurry to decide now and are planning to visit both Bohol & Davao maybe in june..

Although its always good to know what experience people have had in both places.

jencha8569
2nd May 2008, 08:18
We are in no hurry to decide now and are planning to visit both Bohol & Davao maybe in june..

Although its always good to know what experience people have had in both places.

:xxgrinning--00xx3: go for it discover and explore both you gonna experience lots just dont forget to take a balance judgement..hehe :D

good luck

cheers

gemini63
2nd May 2008, 10:06
One of the factors will be the difference in price for the land!!

I will be working for a Charity that is from Ireland so income for me is already sorted..

It is nice to know that Davao seems to be a safe city.

land prices in davao not bad also...i found out in bohol, the land there are expensive already...and not all kinds u can plant in there coz the soil more on rocks and lime stones...look our newest holiday pictures i put on this forums gallery..it will show why davao is so lovable to stay...and safe too...

nethlewy
5th May 2008, 06:50

http://www.gmanews.tv/story/80988/Bohols-priority-Population-management-progress-next-(1)

There is an interesting news story here on Bohol.

Eljohno
5th May 2008, 08:12

http://www.gmanews.tv/story/80988/Bohols-priority-Population-management-progress-next-(1)

There is an interesting news story here on Bohol.

Thanks for that, interesting read!!!!

ApoEagles
5th May 2008, 13:24

I am from Davao and i could say it's the best place for me. I've been to different places and provinces of my parents and i didn't like as much as i like Davao. I went to Manila and stay there for about 6 months, it's very different and i didn't like it and when i went back here in Davao i could tell the difference as it here is more clean, water is good and it's nothing best like home but of course people have different point of view regarding places. I never been to Bohol but i have heard it is nice so maybe you can try to figure out which place is you like the most where you can have a peaceful, happy and healthy living. Here in Davao it is not prone on storm and it has low crime rate. Lovable place but of course i do believe if the place is surrounded by beautiful, friendly environment and people it is lovable to be biased for both Bohol and Davao and to mention prices of land it is very low especially on the island where you can find some beachline properties to invest.

Eljohno
5th May 2008, 21:45
One thing i have been wondering, is there many foreigners living in Davao?

Would it be a safe place to bring missionaries from time to time? I know in certain parts of Mindanao missionaries in the past have been captured and killed. Not that it bothers me but i have to think of the safety of others.

Piamed
5th May 2008, 22:02
Davao is full of foreigners; I was totally shocked. Way more than Cebu I believe!

keithAngel
6th May 2008, 00:27
One thing i have been wondering, is there many foreigners living in Davao?

Would it be a safe place to bring missionaries from time to time? I know in certain parts of Mindanao missionaries in the past have been captured and killed. Not that it bothers me but i have to think of the safety of others.

Very safe my girlfriend tells me they run an innovative rehabilitation program where people finishing their sentences are advised that next time its a bullet and she reckons recidivists emigrate to Cebu :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thin missionaries hardly ever get eaten nowadays:omg::omg::omg:

filipina_owl
6th May 2008, 13:00
hi. bohol is great im telling you. soon there will be international airport here. bohol is really prospering. i know it because i work here. i live in cebu but assigned here in bohol. its really nice here, less pollution and people are nice and friendly.

chino
7th May 2008, 21:08
i have not been to davao but it looks beautiful! land should be cheaper than bohol