PDA

View Full Version : myles1369

myles1369
3rd May 2008, 03:12
hi, I'm myles d. , I got interested to join this club. I want to ask for everyone's opinion about working in UK. Im working in a call center for 2 years now,(here in the Philippines) .. but of course, im looking for better opportunity in UK..
I hope everyone will accept me as a part of this org... want to hear from you guys.....:icon_win:

keithAngel
3rd May 2008, 05:15
hi, I'm myles d. , I got interested to join this club. I want to ask for everyone's opinion about working in UK. Im working in a call center for 2 years now,(here in the Philippines) .. but of course, im looking for better opportunity in UK..
I hope everyone will accept me as a part of this org... want to hear from you guys.....:icon_win:

Hi and welcome to the forum I didn't know we still had call centers here in the UK when I ring one it always seems to be answered some where on the Indian sub-continent by someone called Gary, he really wants to help as well unfortunately no matter how many hours we spend discussing my broadband connection my free phone line still doesn't work, but Gary has become almost a family member now. :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
3rd May 2008, 05:56
i've made many calls to calls centres in the last week or so (tax creds, bulldog isp, barclays,lastminute.com) and all the people i spoke to sounded like brits to me, i think your gary is a dying breed now :cwm24:

as for working in the uk, you will probably need a workpermit, and there not easy to get any more :NoNo:

aromulus
3rd May 2008, 08:12
i've made many calls to calls centres in the last week or so (tax creds, bulldog isp, barclays,lastminute.com) and all the people i spoke to sounded like brits to me, i think your gary is a dying breed now :cwm24:

as for working in the uk, you will probably need a workpermit, and there not easy to get any more :NoNo:

I keep getting this Gary bloke all the time, when I try to contact BT Internet and my Bank.....:NoNo:
Usually I end up putting the phone down because I can't understand a word he says and he hasn't got a clue about what I want him to do....:cwm23:

A definite language barrier, maybe.....:NoNo:

Piamed
3rd May 2008, 09:34
Welcome myles1369

My favourite call centre is the one for Intercontinental Hotels. If you call in the evening, which i invariably do, you will be connected to a call centre in Manila.

As mentioned, you will need a work permit to work here - not easy to get!

Toks

chino
7th May 2008, 21:40
the work permit is getting even harder to get!