PDA

View Full Version : New Member Here - All Help Appreciated

IluvChristina
4th May 2008, 11:59
Hi all, thanks for looking.
I am new to this and looking for help in planning my future life with Christina, the most beautiful Filipino ever. I first met her in Nov 06 in Kuala Lumper. Since then I have visited her twice, again in KL, and we are now planning our future together.

I am planning on visiting her in her homeland of Manila in September 08 so we can plan this. Basically I would like her to come to the UK for 2 weeks at the end of 2008 / early 2009 so we can see how she likes it. I appreciate that the way of life here is different and want to plan our future together so we have a good chance of making it work. After her UK visit we plan to marry in Manila and sometime in 2009. My business interests are in the UK so we plan to live here for a few years. My questions are:

1 - do I need a visa to visit The Phillipines in Sep 08 (I have a normal British Passport).
2 - does Christina need a visa to visit here afterwards and, if so, which sort. From reading this site maybe a Fiance visa is best?
3 - is there anything we can do in Manila this Sep to start the ball rolling?
4 - I am currently getting divorced so, obviously, that may slow down the wedding date but can she still visit the UK on a Fiance visa?
5 - The wedding licence seems confusing so are there any UK agents that can help with this?
6 - I am starting to keep emails and phone bills and pictures (we have been communicating for 18 months). However, Christina has been in KL studying for the last 2 years so is this a problem?
7 - Christina has a son who is living with his grandparents in Manila. Whilst we will discuss what will happen with him this Sep I am more than willing for him to come and live with us. Does this involve separate Visa's for him to live in the UK?

I think that is more than enough for now so thanks for any comments!

Wayne

Mrs.JMajor
4th May 2008, 13:17
1) no u don't need for just 2 weeks but if u are planning more than 21 days u need visa already
2)yes she need visa but if fiancee visa,u need documents as per your #6 words..keep it
3)thats another proof of your real relation when u visit her in PI
4)as far as i know,yes she can.. like wise if an English man currently on divorce process he can apply on fiancee visa right? u can correct me on that if i'm wrong
5)if u will get married here,she can sort it out as far as PI is concerned for sure and keep posting so u will able to search forum because there is lot of additional info u can have here....its like gem lol
6)no..that wasn't problem but don't get marry there..as more complicated
just marry here in PI
7) Christina can petition his son once she will be uk citizen after some years

wait for another members reply on your post as they are more and well experienced than me :xxgrinning--00xx3:

good luck and welcome to the forum !!!

jencha8569
4th May 2008, 16:51
welcome to the forum :Hellooo:

follow as what jet says and keep reading many will reply soon which can answer ur question.

for now keep searching and posting u will know more.

good luck:xxgrinning--00xx3:

cheers

tomoboyle2000
4th May 2008, 17:20
welcome to the furom!

Piamed
4th May 2008, 17:33
welcome aboard!

Toks

kimmi
4th May 2008, 18:02
welcome mate..:)

aromulus
4th May 2008, 19:25
welcome mate..:)

Welcome on the site.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

If you use the search function, you will find all the answer to any queries you might have.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Also I recommend you visit Peter's website, it is an absolute mine of information, so much so that you will not find a better one on the subject on the whole WWW.:xxgrinning--00xx3: (http://WWW.:xxgrinning--00xx3:)
http://www.british-filipino.com/

Have a good read, it is well written and Peter keeps it up to date with any relevant new information.

Again... Welcome.

IluvChristina
5th May 2008, 09:17
Well, thanks to you all for making me feel welcome and the great advice I have received already. I will be on here a lot for sure so look forward to chatting to you guy!

Thanks again