PDA

View Full Version : I wish I undersyood the system help PLEASE

Sconnie
7th May 2008, 12:47
:NoNo:

Vanessa went to her appointment at NSO to collect our marriage certificate wated 3 hours to be told the file was negative :Erm:
The regional certificate (license) was there 2 weeks ago, why give us an appointment to tell us we can't have the official certificate for at least a further 3 weeks ??? is this because someone has not transfered the data to computer system after receiving the regional certificate I don't understand the process can someone enlighten me please ??
Also is there anything we can do to allow us to go ahead with the spouse visa application without the official marriage certificate ??
:Help1:

kimmi
7th May 2008, 12:50
:NoNo:

Vanessa went to her appointment at NSO to collect our marriage certificate wated 3 hours to be told the file was negative :Erm:
The regional certificate (license) was there 2 weeks ago, why give us an appointment to tell us we can't have the official certificate for at least a further 3 weeks ??? is this because someone has not transfered the data to computer system after receiving the regional certificate I don't understand the process can someone enlighten me please ??
Also is there anything we can do to allow us to go ahead with the spouse visa application without the official marriage certificate ??
:Help1:

sorry to hear about it mate but u have to wait for the marriage cert before Vanessa can apply, for sure u dont want a denied application..right??:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::Erm:

Mrs.JMajor
7th May 2008, 12:52
try to follow up which place u get married...the municipal registrar will be the one to process it...do u mind if i ask where did u get married ?

Sconnie
7th May 2008, 12:57
Married in La Paz, Abra jedc143

Sconnie
7th May 2008, 13:32
vanessa applied last april 22 for the copy in the nso,sent the copy from the local registrar from abra and she is the one who sent it in manila thru LBC and they said it will only takes 3 days before it gets in the main office 2 weeks ago.vanessa requested a certified true copy of the original from the local registrar,the endorsement and one with anotation.

alicat
7th May 2008, 13:45
i understand ur feelings coz i been that way(same problem)
in the end i get it just need to wait i think..
goodluck

aug06_2006
7th May 2008, 14:12
Be patient!

Sconnie
7th May 2008, 14:34
Thanks for your everyone Sorry if I seem impatient, its just frustrating and a little annoying to be expecting to receive the certificate and that all is in place and be given an appointment, only to be told in fact nothing is prepared and cant reapply for 20 days, I don't understand this.
But I know we have support here in this family and I thank you all for that.

God Bless.

aromulus
8th May 2008, 08:40
Thanks for your everyone Sorry if I seem impatient, its just frustrating and a little annoying to be expecting to receive the certificate and that all is in place and be given an appointment, only to be told in fact nothing is prepared and cant reapply for 20 days, I don't understand this.
But I know we have support here in this family and I thank you all for that.

God Bless.

When Jet and I were married, I thought that it was going to be pretty straightforward, but because the elections were scheduled after our wedding everything was on hold.:NoNo:
We waited from February until the Middle of June for the certificate. The good thing was that Jet had a neighbour/cousin (300 times removed) that worked at NSO in Cebu. Otherwise it might have been longer.

Don't despair, it will come in due time.
Only don't make any plans until it is in your hands....:omg:

Sconnie
8th May 2008, 10:26
Thanks Aromulus

stuartfarm
8th May 2008, 10:45
If you have the Local Register Certificate then the visa office will accept that . They accepted ours in January ( at the time I thought it was the NSO cert but when we recieved the visa and our papers back it turned out it was only the LRO cert)

I hope this helps , but I would double check with the visa office before submitting your application , maybe we were lucky !!

On another note , we also used the LRO cert to ammend Lanies passport , again the Philippine Embassy in London accepted this

Sconnie
8th May 2008, 12:39
Wow thanks Stuartfarm, we will look into this

pennybarry
8th May 2008, 17:12
vanessa applied last april 22 for the copy in the nso,sent the copy from the local registrar from abra and she is the one who sent it in manila thru LBC and they said it will only takes 3 days before it gets in the main office 2 weeks ago.vanessa requested a certified true copy of the original from the local registrar,the endorsement and one with anotation.

Sometimes we need to be considerate, they (Local Registrar) wait other applicant's paper and submitted all together. They save some dosh if they do that. Then once submitted at NSO, NSO staffs are sometimes slow in feeding our papers to their computer system. That is the sick of our gov't office:Brick:. If you are in Manila, you can go to the office of the Director (old office-STA. MESA). I did that before because they didn't feed it yet to computer system. I talked to the staff and referred to higher ups. And to my surprised, I got it the same day. So, they deserve to have a cake!!!:D

Sconnie
9th May 2008, 18:04
Vanessa went to the main NSO in Manila and fixed a date of 21st. May to collect the official Marriage certificate, she also contacted the visa office and asked if it was acceptable to submit the Local Register Certificate and they informed her that it is acceptable. She arranged an appointment on line and the first dates she was offered were 21, 22nd and 23rd May, she chose 23rd. so we might have the official NSO certificate any way BALIW.
Thanks again for your support everyone.

One of the great things about this forum is that you feel part of a family even those members who don't post on a your thread you still feel they are supporting you and thinking about your issues or predicament.

With Great Affection for you ALL.

John.

kimmi
9th May 2008, 18:59
One of the great things about this forum is that you feel part of a family even those members who don't post on a your thread you still feel they are supporting you and thinking about your issues or predicament.

John.

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Goodluck to u John and Vanessa..:)