PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Advice needed for dependent of a work permit..

scg_19
7th May 2008, 17:59
HI again everyone. :Hellooo: Im a newbie in this forum but when I came across this forum I didnt have second thoughts on joining here. Im hoping I could find answers and advice regarding my visa application. To those who have similar situation or have know how on my case, I would really greatly appreciate to hear your advice or suggestions. Thank you in advance.

Here is my plea:

I am a filipina and met my Canadian BF here in the Philippines.:cwm38: He's been here for more than two years but not until recently that he's company transfered him to UK for a 6-months permit. He already has his own flat provided by the company.
Now he wants me to visit him there for a short period of time ( within his 6 months stay in the UK).

Since I work as a freelance model and not under any management or receive regular compensation in under one company. I thought being his dependent as a work permit holder is a good choice for applying rather than tourist/visit visa ( Which requires a lot of documents in my part ) my application is still on the process and so far He have almost all documents available as my sponsor ( e.g. bank statements, his travel documents, his permit to work in the UK, evidence of the place his at, employment etc etc. proof of continuous communication even after his absence in the phil )

We are confuse if this was really the right visa for me. In addition we are confuse in which category should I follow the guidelines for the documents is it the WORKER DEPENDENT-UNMARRIED PARTNER or WORKER DEDENDENT-LIMITED LEAVE TO REMAIN? and Yes It would be my first time to go to the UK if ever. ( fingers crossed! ) and We are really hoping I could get it as soon as possible.

Thank you all so much in advance! :):BouncyHappy::)

Regards,

SCG
Philippines

scg_19
8th May 2008, 17:25
Somebody? Anybody out there to comment on this? :Wave::Wave::Wave::D

nethlewy
8th May 2008, 17:53
Most people on this site have experience of relationships between British and Filipino.

With you and your boyfriend being Canadian and Filipino, even though he is working in the UK, many on here will not be able to offer advice as they are not experienced with your situation.

However if you are wanting to come to the UK to visit your boyfriend while he is working here you will have to apply for a visitor to the UK visa.

Search for the British Embassy in Manila and their website will have links to ''Visas'' and ''How to Apply''

Someone here with more experience of your situation will post soon if you are patient.

scg_19
8th May 2008, 18:18
Most people on this site have experience of relationships between British and Filipino.

With you and your boyfriend being Canadian and Filipino, even though he is working in the UK, many on here will not be able to offer advice as they are not experienced with your situation.

However if you are wanting to come to the UK to visit your boyfriend while he is working here you will have to apply for a visitor to the UK visa.

Search for the British Embassy in Manila and their website will have links to ''Visas'' and ''How to Apply''

Someone here with more experience of your situation will post soon if you are patient.

Thank you so much for taking your time!:) But I think Its similar with any nationalities having a work permit in UK. ( for instance Filipino applying for a dependent visa under a Filipino with a work permit in UK)

darren-b
8th May 2008, 18:31
To get a visa as a unmarried partner you have to prove that you have been in a relationship like a marriage for at least 2 years - the checklist gives you examples of the type of evidence you need.

"Evidence of previous cohabitation. We would suggest the following examples:
Joint commitments ( such as joint bank accounts, investments, rent agreements, mortgage, etc.); or If there are children of the relationship, a record of their birth entry; or Correspondence which links you and your sponsor to the same address; or Any official records of you sharing the same address (e.g. Doctor’s record, etc.); or Any other evidence that adequately demonstrates your commitment to each other"

If you can't provide enough of this evidence over at least the last 2 years you are unlikely to be granted a visa as a unmarried partner.

scg_19
8th May 2008, 22:05
To get a visa as a unmarried partner you have to prove that you have been in a relationship like a marriage for at least 2 years - the checklist gives you examples of the type of evidence you need.

"Evidence of previous cohabitation. We would suggest the following examples:
Joint commitments ( such as joint bank accounts, investments, rent agreements, mortgage, etc.); or If there are children of the relationship, a record of their birth entry; or Correspondence which links you and your sponsor to the same address; or Any official records of you sharing the same address (e.g. Doctor’s record, etc.); or Any other evidence that adequately demonstrates your commitment to each other"

If you can't provide enough of this evidence over at least the last 2 years you are unlikely to be granted a visa as a unmarried partner.

Thank you so much! these Info means so much for us. Would love to know what this visa exactly means "WORKER DEDENDENT-LIMITED LEAVE TO REMAIN IN THE UK":):):)

darren-b
9th May 2008, 05:25
Thank you so much! these Info means so much for us. Would love to know what this visa exactly means "WORKER DEDENDENT-LIMITED LEAVE TO REMAIN IN THE UK":):):)

Looking at the checklist it seems to be aimed at spouses/civil partners/children of work permit holders.

kimmi
9th May 2008, 12:32

I agree with this one..:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

and I think it will be better if u try to browse and read infos from their website..so u will know what u really need and how to apply..

Goodluck...:)

http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/index.aspx

scg_19
9th May 2008, 18:11
Looking at the checklist it seems to be aimed at spouses/civil partners/children of work permit holders.

Thank You Darren -b! :)

scg_19
9th May 2008, 18:18
I agree with this one..:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

and I think it will be better if u try to browse and read infos from their website..so u will know what u really need and how to apply..

Goodluck...:)

http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/index.aspx

Hi Kimmi! :) Thank you! I did read from their site and I checked all other site that they recommended. :) YUp, I need all the luck! :D

Sconnie
9th May 2008, 18:29
does your girlfriend want to work in UK while she is here ??
If not I had a similar experience with my GF but in Germany, I was working there last year for 7 months my GF Vanessa from Fil came to visit and stay with me for 3 weeks there she came on a visitors visa.

scg_19
12th May 2008, 16:51
does your girlfriend want to work in UK while she is here ??
If not I had a similar experience with my GF but in Germany, I was working there last year for 7 months my GF Vanessa from Fil came to visit and stay with me for 3 weeks there she came on a visitors visa.

She is looking forward for doing some shoots ( which is I believe is a paid shoot) But its not our main concern, we want to get the kind of Visa wherein we have the Documents readily available which can strongly support her application.

darren-b
13th May 2008, 05:37
She is looking forward for doing some shoots ( which is I believe is a paid shoot) But its not our main concern, we want to get the kind of Visa wherein we have the Documents readily available which can strongly support her application.

If you haven't got enough evidence to apply as a unmarried partner then trying to get a tourist visa is probably your only option. Though tourist visas are not always granted - many on here have had them refused. If applying for a tourist visa do not mention any intention of working (paid or unpaid) as you will definitely be refused.

Sconnie
13th May 2008, 07:38
I also think tourist visa is your best bet and the correct one to go for, don't mention work...

Good Luck.

John.