PDA

View Full Version : ILR timeline??

Eljohno
7th May 2008, 22:45
I am hoping to book some flights to the Philippines by the end of this month but as we sent the ILR away around 25th April i know it might not happen then so was wondering for those of you who have already applied and got an ILR how long did it take to arrive after you posted it? :Erm:

joebloggs
8th May 2008, 04:51
on average around 4wks from posting til its back in your hands :D

Eljohno
8th May 2008, 06:27
I hope it works out that way as i would love to get away in June!!

Eljohno
10th May 2008, 11:32
Good news - we got the ILR back today!!

Bad news - the form that i downloaded in April 2008 turned out to be a 2007 form so we had to fill in the form they sent and return it D'0h

Eljohno
10th May 2008, 11:57
What i do not understand is that in April i downloaded the form from the Border & Imm website so surely the mistake was from them?

joebloggs
10th May 2008, 13:03
:Erm:

april is usually when they bring out new forms, and so they usually allow people a few weeks to use the old form after april, but i'm sure they brought out a new form in nov...

when did you download it april this year ? and from the IND wesite ?
its up to you to ensure you use the latest app form..

well has your wifes visa expired yet ? looks like you'll be ok if they've asked you to fill the new form in :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Eljohno
10th May 2008, 15:10
:Erm:

april is usually when they bring out new forms, and so they usually allow people a few weeks to use the old form after april, but i'm sure they brought out a new form in nov...

when did you download it april this year ? and from the IND wesite ?
its up to you to ensure you use the latest app form..

well has your wifes visa expired yet ? looks like you'll be ok if they've asked you to fill the new form in :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Yes it seems they are not asking us to start over and to be honest there was no way i was going to give them another £750.

I downloaded the form last month from the Border & Imm website.

I am hoping its straight forward but it took them 2 weeks to notice the mistake..

joebloggs
10th May 2008, 15:29
there was no way i was going to give them another £750.

:D

we don't have much of a choice, without a valid visa, your an overstayer, and some have had to go back to their country and apply again for a spouse visa, becuase they sent it too late, mandatory bans start in oct, if not sooner, and as the app form says no refund :furious3:

always apply for a visa asap :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Eljohno
10th May 2008, 18:18
:D

we don't have much of a choice, without a valid visa, your an overstayer, and some have had to go back to their country and apply again for a spouse visa, becuase they sent it too late, mandatory bans start in oct, if not sooner, and as the app form says no refund :furious3:

always apply for a visa asap :xxgrinning--00xx3:

The extension visa ran out on the 29th April but because i had only started a new job i had to wait until i got a wage slip so it was sent off around 24th April.

joebloggs
10th May 2008, 18:27
well as long as they've not rejected your app you should be ok :xxgrinning--00xx3:

once they have your app then it doesn't matter if her visa expires while they are considering it.

most ILR are granted anyway, so you shouldn't need to worry about it :xxgrinning--00xx3:

just one last hurdle to go after that paying for citizenship in 1yrs time , and having to pay for a british passport :doh

but then freedom from the gov :cwm12::BouncyHappy::Hellooo:

no more money to pay out :action-smiley-081:

Eljohno
10th May 2008, 21:18
If my house sells soon i am not sure that rhea will be applying for citizenship as the ILR should be enough to let her come and go for a while..

Eljohno
9th June 2008, 14:00
Hey was wondering if it is possible to ring the embassy about the ILR application although i am thinking they do not take calls.

I just wish we would have applied in person as the money we saved by posting it has not worked out as the price of flights are going up each day.

Eljohno
9th June 2008, 21:40
I meant to say that it does not matter how long the ILR took if there was any chance that they would give us the passports back as i am sure there will be no problem with the application itself.....