PDA

View Full Version : New here!!

SephEan
8th May 2008, 12:21
Hi to all!! Im a new member here, i've been reading this forum though many times, but sadly not before i submitted my application for a spouse visa last April 02,2008. Its been 5 weeks now and its really hard just to WAIT.

Anyway Im 25 years old Filipina married to a handsome Brit from Reading town U.K. We just got married last January 20,2008. Our relationship started Dec. 04,2006..

I would like to thank you all, coz reading your posts helps me a lot. I thought i was alone in this Waiting game. your advices are really helpful. :):):)

kimmi
8th May 2008, 12:28
hello Sephean, welcome to the forum..

yes, it is really hard to wait for our visa, but dont worry as long as u prepared it well and follow everything sure u will get it without interview...
Goodluck and Congratulations on ur wedding...:)

SephEan
8th May 2008, 12:34
To anyone, Im just worried about my application..Coz I didn't include the letters and emails i sent him as addt'l. evidence of our communication. Though i submitted our chats, cards and letters he sent me, emails, our friendster acct. print out with the testimonials we posted for each other, his tel. bills, DHL invoice... and the rest of the other documents they required were all complete and submitted to VAC. Im just worried coz i think i should have submit the letters i made for him too.. Do you i think I should worry?

Hope I could get a reply. thanks

SephEan
8th May 2008, 12:36
Hi Kimmi!! Thanks much!

kimmi
8th May 2008, 12:37
just keep on posting and reading some threads here to ease ur mind from waiting sis..:)

SephEan
8th May 2008, 12:45
Hi Kimmi!!! May i ask u something? Coz I was pretty confident about my application, I have submitted all the requirements and provide more evidence than they are requesting. But i failed to ask my husband to send me back the letters i sent him so i could add those letters to the evidence of our communication...Should I worry?
Just to inform you I included the emails he sends me evryday, the chats we had, his tel. bills, friendster testimonials from each other, letters and cards he sent me, the western union and more...
:):)

hello Sephean, welcome to the forum..

yes, it is really hard to wait for our visa, but dont worry as long as u prepared it well and follow everything sure u will get it without interview...
Goodluck and Congratulations on ur wedding...:)

kimmi
8th May 2008, 12:55
sis dont worry, I myself dont even sent my letters to him before when I applied but still I got my visa..as long as u have enough evidence to prove to them that the relationship is genuine I am sure everything will be ok..:)

SephEan
8th May 2008, 12:59
Oh really!!?? Oh thank you so much for the info!! Maybe I should just wait and have faith.. Its just I relly misses my hubby and we both badly need each other to take care and look after each other. I wanna be a wife to him ASAP!! hehehe!! I know you know what Im saying.. anyway thanks much.. you are a big help.. by the way how long did u have to wait b4 u got urs?

kimmi
8th May 2008, 13:01
dont worry sis, I waited mine for almost 5 weeks too..I know what u mean and I understand it..:)who knows it might knock on ur door this week..:)

pennybarry
8th May 2008, 13:03
I think you have nothing to worry about letters. The most important is you will have a good accommodation here, his savings, his wage slip that can prove he can support you and not use UK public funds which the embassy always strict with that!

SephEan
8th May 2008, 13:04
Hey!! thanks again..i better put my mind at ease now.. thanks for being friendly.. I will let you know once i got it..thanks!! til next time!! take care and thanks for spending time answering my questions..

kimmi
8th May 2008, 13:07
Hey!! thanks again..i better put my mind at ease now.. thanks for being friendly.. I will let you know once i got it..thanks!! til next time!! take care and thanks for spending time answering my questions..

No problem just keep on posting and reading threads here..:) hope too see u soon here in the UK..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

SephEan
8th May 2008, 13:09
To Ms. Pennybarry:
Thanks for that info.. He has a healthy savings account and a regular employee of their Local Gov't. and my inlaws are willing to accept me to live with them. My husband actually owns a flat, but it is currently rented. So once those people move out, we're gonna move in there. We have put that property on the application from and i submitted some papers to prove that he owns it.

alicat
8th May 2008, 13:22
well,when i apply for spouse visa,i dont have any letters
i just send some pictures of my wedding,i just send my
application thru courier(lbc)i received my passfort after
10 days..(no interview at all)
goodluck to u,and i think you have nothing to worry about.
btw..congratulations on ur wedding.

SephEan
9th May 2008, 03:45
hey alicat!! thanks much! yours just took 10 days?! wow!! lucky you!...im jealous.. its been over 5 weeks now and i still don't hear from the embassy about my application, I was feeling really bit crazy about this waiting game but when i saw this forum, it enlightened me. I love reading the successful spouse visa stories.. How happy they sounded! I read this 1 story, that she just received her visa and she post a message here in the forum informing evryone that she has her visa already but her hubby still sleeping and that she couldnt wait to tell him.. That is what i am waiting, that moment...haaaaayyyy...

thanks again for the info. :)

IainBusby
9th May 2008, 08:36
Hi SephEan and welcome to the forum. You've told us your husband is from Reading, can you tell us what part of the Philippines are you from?

Louella & Iain.

chino
9th May 2008, 10:48
welcome and good luck!

jencha8569
9th May 2008, 12:21
welcome sephean:Hellooo::Hellooo:

i reading ur post on this thread i think you submitted enough to the embassy so dont have to worry much i know waiting is hard but everything will be good in the end. :xxgrinning--00xx3: based on threads i read on this is the 3 most important thing:

1.healthy bank statement
2.accomodation
3. proof of relationship

good luck sis :)

cheers

LEAHnew
9th May 2008, 12:53
Welcome and goodluck.

SephEan
10th May 2008, 00:40
Hi SephEan and welcome to the forum. You've told us your husband is from Reading, can you tell us what part of the Philippines are you from?

Louella & Iain.

Hi!! Im living in Batangas, have you been here? Our beaches are famous for divers. I worked in Makati, I've been there for 4 years. Where is your wife from?

SephEan
10th May 2008, 00:41
Welcome and goodluck.

Thank you so much!! people here are so friendly!! thanks much!

SephEan
10th May 2008, 00:43
Everyone!! thanks for helping me ease my mind, and for giving me luck! thanks!!!

aug06_2006
10th May 2008, 12:30
welcome to the forum and good luck of your application..

keithAngel
10th May 2008, 13:07
Yes welcome aboard

Mrs.JMajor
10th May 2008, 14:22
You will have your visa this week granted if u said its already 5 weeks youre on waiting.....

good luck,don't worry to much ...lol your heart

ohhh where u from Batangas,we lived in calaca for 6years have house there before

SephEan
10th May 2008, 14:40
You will have your visa this week granted if u said its already 5 weeks youre on waiting.....

good luck,don't worry to much ...lol your heart

ohhh where u from Batangas,we lived in calaca for 6years have house there before

Hey jedc143 thanks much!! by saying that u really uplifted my spirit. Hope to received it this week!!

Calaca, ive been there..many beaches there right? im living in Sta. Rita Batangas. How long have u been there in U.k.? Hows life there?

joebloggs
10th May 2008, 15:04
most people have to wait about a month for a visa, some sooner, and some later, we had to wait near 3 months, thats when i complained to the embassy, my wife got a call telling her to pick her passport up the same day :D, if they could do it within a matter of hours, why nearly a 3 month wait ? :cwm23:

well it will not be a long wait now, and be positive not many get refused a spouse or fiancee visa. not on here anyway. near 100% success rate, if you don't count visitor visas :icon_lol:

good luck :xxgrinning--00xx3:

SephEan
10th May 2008, 15:15
most people have to wait about a month for a visa, some sooner, and some later, we had to wait near 3 months, thats when i complained to the embassy, my wife got a call telling her to pick her passport up the same day :D, if they could do it within a matter of hours, why nearly a 3 month wait ? :cwm23:

well it will not be a long wait now, and be positive not many get refused a spouse or fiancee visa. not on here anyway. near 100% success rate, if you don't count visitor visas :icon_lol:

good luck :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:):) many thanks to you!! its a pleasure to received a message from the administrator. thanks!! hope tro received my visa soon....

islander
10th May 2008, 15:25
Hi to all!! Im a new member here, i've been reading this forum though many times, but sadly not before i submitted my application for a spouse visa last April 02,2008. Its been 5 weeks now and its really hard just to WAIT.

Anyway Im 25 years old Filipina married to a handsome Brit from Reading town U.K. We just got married last January 20,2008. Our relationship started Dec. 04,2006..

I would like to thank you all, coz reading your posts helps me a lot. I thought i was alone in this Waiting game. your advices are really helpful. :):):)

Hi sephean!

welcome to the forum!

same with you, i'm also in the stage of anxiety, waiting for the result of visa. Just got married January 21, 2008, that's one day after your wedding, hehehe! Had submitted my docs to UKVACS last april 28, 2008, it will be 2nd week of waiting by tom.

this forum really helps a lot in making you feel relaxed & be able to release tension! Hope we will receive good news soon!

SephEan
10th May 2008, 15:29
Hi sephean!

welcome to the forum!

same with you, i'm also in the stage of anxiety, waiting for the result of visa. Just got married January 21, 2008, that's one day after your wedding, hehehe! Had submitted my docs to UKVACS last april 28, 2008, it will be 2nd week of waiting by tom.

this forum really helps a lot in making you feel relaxed & be able to release tension! Hope we will receive good news soon!

wow really?!! Congratulations to you!! Oh this forum really helps, im feeling more confident now about my application. Hope we get our visa soon!! Where u from by the way?

joebloggs
10th May 2008, 15:32
:):)its a pleasure to received a message from the administrator.

:yikes::omg::icon_lol:

oh calling me a scouser :cwm24:

i'm not admin, but one of his elf's :xxgrinning--00xx3:

SephEan
10th May 2008, 15:44
ooopsss!! coz its under ur username "moderator".... hihihi!! anyway i really dont know the difference but really thankful!!

sweet_cookie08
10th May 2008, 16:48
Hi SephEan!

Congrats on your wedding! I just got married too last month. I'm now in the process of preparing my documents, gathering all emails, chats, pictures, etc. My husband is now preparing for his docs too, accomodation, bank statements,contract with his flat, preparing his letter.

I got worried at first when I read your post about not sending your mails to the embassy. I dont send him letters because we always just email each other.

I will pray for your visa. You will have it soon. I can relate to you too. I really miss my husband and I want to start a new life with him too and serve him as his wife.

Good luck sis! :)

Mrs.JMajor
10th May 2008, 22:10
Hey jedc143 thanks much!! by saying that u really uplifted my spirit. Hope to received it this week!!

Calaca, ive been there..many beaches there right? im living in Sta. Rita Batangas. How long have u been there in U.k.? Hows life there?

nope,not yet ...still here in makati,soon to go :xxgrinning--00xx3: just busy sorting my business

Mrs.JMajor
10th May 2008, 22:15
:):) many thanks to you!! its a pleasure to received a message from the administrator. thanks!! hope tro received my visa soon....

Let us know when u got it huh and share here,and dont stop posting when u got it :xxgrinning--00xx3:..some people after they have it and asked question here they just dis appear like bubble :NoNo: at least help the one who also on the same process...or should i say ...share the blessing :cwm38:

Sim11UK
10th May 2008, 22:57
Good advice there jedc143 :xxgrinning--00xx3:

SephEan
11th May 2008, 05:46
well to tell u honestly, at first i just signed up here to gather infos and ask questions...but finding out how friendly and helpful all of u guys here, im going to stay and pay back.... through helping others and easing their anxiety.

yesterday i saw marylen a new member here just like me and she was confused about some things that i already have been through, hope i did help her somehow. its really a great feeling knowing i can be of some help...

sweet_cookie08
11th May 2008, 05:51
Hi SephEan! :Hellooo: :Hellooo: :Hellooo:

I'm a new member here.. well not so new because I joined last year but I started beeing active here just yesterday! I'm in the processing of preparing all my docs and requirements for my spouse visa. I hope you could help me as well. I've got tons of questions still after reading several posts here.

Where are you in the Philippines? I'm in Manila and still working in Makati. Hope we could be friends and you could also help me as well in my visa application :) :) :)

SephEan
11th May 2008, 05:57
Hi SephEan!

Congrats on your wedding! I just got married too last month. I'm now in the process of preparing my documents, gathering all emails, chats, pictures, etc. My husband is now preparing for his docs too, accomodation, bank statements,contract with his flat, preparing his letter.

I got worried at first when I read your post about not sending your mails to the embassy. I dont send him letters because we always just email each other.

I will pray for your visa. You will have it soon. I can relate to you too. I really miss my husband and I want to start a new life with him too and serve him as his wife.

Good luck sis! :)

Hi sweet_cookie08!!! Congratulations too!! :BouncyHappy: about the letters, i think email, chats would be enough but evidence that u are posting each other cards and letters would be a really great help. Since ur still preparing for the docs. ask him to send u some cards here or letter with his own writing and then add that to ur supporting evidence..include the envelope with the stamps, its very important. and continue reading the threads... really helps!!

I will pray for ur application too... You'll be soon together sis as I soon be with my husband too...!! no worries!! its just that it takes a lot of patience specially during the waiting game... Goodluck to both of us!!! Cheers!! :) :)

mavid
11th May 2008, 07:31
Welcome to the forum SephEan!

SephEan
11th May 2008, 07:52
hi mavid!! thanks!!! i feel so welcome..thanks!!

kimmi
11th May 2008, 11:03
Goodluck to u Sephean and Sweet-cookie...:)

Mrs.JMajor
11th May 2008, 13:54
Good advice there jedc143 :xxgrinning--00xx3:

thanks simuk :):cwm38::Hellooo:

islander
11th May 2008, 14:53
Sephean,

Aside from that, we will also gain new friends here, hehehe! Im from cebu. My hubby is from west lothian, scotland. how about you?

Btw, have you tried calling the embassy already? I think i'll try do it if there's no feedback yet after 2months since submission.

SephEan
12th May 2008, 08:11
hi islander!! ur definitely agree with you... ilove meeting new friends!! by the way my hubby is from Tilehurst Reading.

Regarding my visa, nope i havent ring them.. but im gonna do that if i wont be receiving any result in 2 months.. we submitted ours april 2,2008....

By the way i was at the UkVAC this morning to pick up my refund, my goodness many applicants.. before they just have 24 slots for walk-in, now they doubled it..i heard coz its peak season thats y...

By the way im from batangas. Nice to hear from u again sis!!

Piamed
12th May 2008, 09:26
Hi SephEan

Islander, Sweet-Cookiem my wife and some others are all within a few weeks of each other in terms of submitting their spousal visa applications. Sofi and I check-in each day eagerly anticipating Islander's application processing timeline and her ultimately good news, as she is flying with her sister to Manila tomorrow (Tuesday) to submit our application on Wednesday. Btw her appt is at the following site, and I would be really grateful if someone could recommend a decent hotel close by:

VFS Services Philippines Private Inc.
Phil-Axa Building, 2501-02,
1286 Sen. Gil Puyat Avenue, Corner Tindalo Street,
Makati City, Manila
Philippines

SephEan, I am in the Caversham Crowne Plaza Hotel about once a month which is very close to your hubby if ever useful.

Good luck to you all re. your applications, I think everyone on the forum, visitor and member alike, awaits all our good news!

And as someone mentioned earlier in this thread, it really helps the ones just behind you if you can feedback to them, even if just to allay a fears they may have.

islander
12th May 2008, 15:12
Hi SephEan

Islander, Sweet-Cookiem my wife and some others are all within a few weeks of each other in terms of submitting their spousal visa applications. Sofi and I check-in each day eagerly anticipating Islander's application processing timeline and her ultimately good news, as she is flying with her sister to Manila tomorrow (Tuesday) to submit our application on Wednesday. Btw her appt is at the following site, and I would be really grateful if someone could recommend a decent hotel close by:

And as someone mentioned earlier in this thread, it really helps the ones just behind you if you can feedback to them, even if just to allay a fears they may have.

Hi Piamed!

its nice to hear that you have been waiting for my visa result also! Don't worry, Im going to announce it in the forum as soon as I have the visa already! Please help me pray!

Btw, when I submitted my docs, me & my hubby stayed at Hotel Intercontinental, very nice hotel, near glorietta mall & just a 10-15mins. ride going to UKVACS. anyway, AXA bldg. is very familiar to most of taxi drivers, another landmark beside it is the makati post office.

Good Luck!

mavid
12th May 2008, 15:39
By the way i was at the UkVAC this morning to pick up my refund, my goodness many applicants.. before they just have 24 slots for walk-in, now they doubled it..i heard coz its peak season thats y...

I'm still waiting for them to give me a text about my refund:Erm: it's been a month now.

Walk-ins...OMG! i tried it twice it was a BIG BIG PAIN! went one Thursday 5am...loads of people...the guard said they will only accomodate those in the list his holding..which went in queue yesterday (Wed) and a few on the list on that day...then he told us..."those in the list today, go back tomorrow i will call ur names then"

But no jose! when we got there the next day...he gave a non acceptable speech...saying the office didn't recognize the list, so they gave way who was in the queue that day!! :cwm23:

Just imagine the horror on everyone's face...swearings everywhere. Applicants didn't leave...after an hour the guard went bk with an employee with appointment stubs...the dates were like... 2 weeks after still!!

The reason you are a walk-in applicant is your in a hurry isnt it? like those seaman just getting transit visas.

Anyway...i booked an appointment b4 i went as a walk-in...just went there just incase i get picked for that day..making waiting time faster.:)

sweet_cookie08
12th May 2008, 19:13
Hi SephEan

VFS Services Philippines Private Inc.
Phil-Axa Building, 2501-02,
1286 Sen. Gil Puyat Avenue, Corner Tindalo Street,
Makati City, Manila
Philippines

SephEan, I am in the Caversham Crowne Plaza Hotel about once a month which is very close to your hubby if ever useful.

Good luck to you all re. your applications, I think everyone on the forum, visitor and member alike, awaits all our good news!

Hi Piamed!

I could recommend a good hotel near the Phi=AXA life building. Its the Tiara Makati Hotel.

Makati Tiara Hotel
7248 Malugay St.
Makati city

telephone: 729-7888/888-4146 to 49.

I think it is also a walking distance hotel from Phi-AXA building.

Piamed
12th May 2008, 21:09
Hi Piamed!

its nice to hear that you have been waiting for my visa result also! Don't worry, Im going to announce it in the forum as soon as I have the visa already! Please help me pray!

Btw, when I submitted my docs, me & my hubby stayed at Hotel Intercontinental, very nice hotel, near glorietta mall & just a 10-15mins. ride going to UKVACS. anyway, AXA bldg. is very familiar to most of taxi drivers, another landmark beside it is the makati post office.

Good Luck!

Hi Islander. You are surely in my prayers! Actually, the intercon is my preferred hotel also. I was just trying to save my love the hassle of taxis etc. I will try the one recommended by sweet-cookie08, if not the intercon it will be. Good luck again.

Piamed
12th May 2008, 21:12
Hi Piamed!

I could recommend a good hotel near the Phi=AXA life building. Its the Tiara Makati Hotel.

Makati Tiara Hotel
7248 Malugay St.
Makati city

telephone: 729-7888/888-4146 to 49.

I think it is also a walking distance hotel from Phi-AXA building.

Thanks for your help sweet_cookie08, I will give them a call in a couple of hours when i get to my hotel then hopefully make reservation in time to give to Sofi while she is on her way to Butuan.

Good luck to you and thanks again!

SephEan
13th May 2008, 12:21
I'm still waiting for them to give me a text about my refund:Erm: it's been a month now.

Walk-ins...OMG! i tried it twice it was a BIG BIG PAIN! went one Thursday 5am...loads of people...the guard said they will only accomodate those in the list his holding..which went in queue yesterday (Wed) and a few on the list on that day...then he told us..."those in the list today, go back tomorrow i will call ur names then"

But no jose! when we got there the next day...he gave a non acceptable speech...saying the office didn't recognize the list, so they gave way who was in the queue that day!! :cwm23:

Just imagine the horror on everyone's face...swearings everywhere. Applicants didn't leave...after an hour the guard went bk with an employee with appointment stubs...the dates were like... 2 weeks after still!!

The reason you are a walk-in applicant is your in a hurry isnt it? like those seaman just getting transit visas.

Anyway...i booked an appointment b4 i went as a walk-in...just went there just incase i get picked for that day..making waiting time faster.:)

Hi Mavid!! about your refund try email them and follow it up. thts what i did, its been a month and i didnt hear from them about my refund, so i emailed them, then i received a response the next day saying i could pick my refund anytime...and now i have it!!!

About how i filed my application.. my goodness, God knows how badly i've waited for my appointment day...Let me tell u,....I Paid in cash thru BDO March 15,2008 then booked an appointment, that time the only available slots were from April 01 onwards. So i booked April 1, the earliest...I've waited 2 weeks, every single day waiting for it was getting harder as it gets nearer....i counted days...it felt like its been the longest weeks of my life...til i finally wake up the day of April 1...I was there on time with my mom, brought my heavy piled of documents..at last i was there sitting waiting for my name to be called, its been 1 hr. waiting b4 i finally got my turn...i was pretty much confident...smiling and no worries at all, so i approached the guy who called my name, presenting him evrything i have......JUST TO INFORM ME THAT, THAT DAY, WAS THE DAY THAT THEIR NEW RATE HAS BEEN EFFECTIVE..They can't accept my application..From P42,500.00 that i paid they increased to P43,775.00... I asked if could just pay the addt'l. fee there since i've transferred my payment before they changed their rates, but they were very strict...I have to pay again their new rate... I thought i was gonna breakdown.. My tears came running out my eyes, i silently cried. I told the guy ive waited so long for this, but those words just fell on deaf ears.

So I have to hurried back to Batangas, went straight to BDO, requested for a manager's check with the new fee-P43,775.00... Went back the next day, this time as a walk-in applicant..I had experience the same situation u had. We arrived there around 6:30, I tot we were early enough, but some of the people there got there 12:00 am, can u imagine that?, some were 2:00 am... my goodness!! I was losing hope. the guard started calling names on the list, but ofcourse my name wont be called coz we werent there yet when they made that list... but thanks to my mom and some people i met there, they encourage me to stay and wait for the guard to come out again..luckily i got the chance to talk to the guard and xplain what happend to me the previous day, he said i could inquire inside but i have to wait til he gives the stub(access to get in)...10:00am after patiently waiting for hours i got stub but still have to wait for 2 hrs b4 i could get in but it was ok i tot...i would take any chances to submit my application....and there i was in, went to help desk, explained the previous day situation, good thing i still got the copy of my appoinmet ltter, and the new guy was very helpful, after talking to his superior they let me in as a walk-in applicant that day..and was able to submit my application...it was a big relief and although very tiring, it was worth it!!!!! oooppppsss..too long now..hehehe!!!