PDA

View Full Version : docs needed to prove my accommodation?

sweet_cookie08
11th May 2008, 04:35
Hi all,

I'm in the process of preparing all docs, requirements for my settlement visa. My hubby is currently renting a flat, just want to ask here what are the necessary documents he needs to prepare with regards to my proof of accommodation?

thanks in advance for helping :) :) :)

joebloggs
11th May 2008, 04:41
who is he renting it from , private landlord or council..

a copy of the lease/rental agreement, along with something in writing from landlord stating it will be ok for the spouse to also live there

sweet_cookie08
11th May 2008, 05:09
thanks joebloggs :)

He is renting it from a private landlord. It is only 1 bedroom flat.

By the way, he is planning to move to a friend's house. His friend would let him rent his flat and move to another house. His friend owns the flat that he will be renting. He is planning to move after two weeks when I get there. It is a 2-bedroom flat and it is quite better than his current flat. Is it OK to mention in his sponsorship letter that we are moving to a 2-bedroom flat when I get there? My hubby is planning to ask his friend to write a letter stating that he will be be renting his house sometime in August. Is that OK?

joebloggs
11th May 2008, 05:21
:Erm: not sure, a one bedroom flat is ok for 2 of you, what's probably best to show when applying for any visa is stability, relationship,job/income and accommondation.

if he's been renting for years and then you mention that you will be renting from a friend, will his friend give him a proper rent agreement/rent book ??

i would keep things simple as possible, simpler the app the better, bit like scouser keith :D (admin guy)

me personally i wouldn't mention it, but who knows.. :rolleyes:

sweet_cookie08
11th May 2008, 05:30
OK joebloggs. :)

I think it is better not to mention it. He's been renting his current flat for about a year now, Is that OK?

I told him actually that it is better for us to wait until I get there before he moves to another house. And you are right, it is better to keep things simple as possible. :)

joebloggs
11th May 2008, 05:41
of course a year is good, he should mention that in his letter of support that he has been living and renting there for the past year...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

sweet_cookie08
11th May 2008, 05:46
thanks thanks joebloggs :) :) :)

by the way, where are you guys in the UK? Maybe I your wife and I could be friends? I would want to meet guys from this forum when I get there to UK. We are aiming to pass my visa application mid of next month. Hope to be there before my hubby's birthday!

joebloggs
11th May 2008, 05:48
sunny manchester :D, in the northwest, 200 miles north of london.

where you moving to ?

sweet_cookie08
11th May 2008, 05:55
Manchester! wow! I would love to go there to buy some good books!.. hehehe

My hubby is currently staying at Crystal Palace. Not sure though if it is in northwest or southeast of london.. hehe. I'm very bad with georaphies!

joebloggs
11th May 2008, 06:06
its not near me :doh

well there are many filipina's in london. so you will not be lonely :xxgrinning--00xx3:

books :yikes:
i'm studying now. struggling now :D:cwm24:

andypaul
11th May 2008, 09:01
:Erm: not sure, a one bedroom flat is ok for 2 of you, what's probably best to show when applying for any visa is stability, relationship,job/income and accommondation.

if he's been renting for years and then you mention that you will be renting from a friend, will his friend give him a proper rent agreement/rent book ??

i would keep things simple as possible, simpler the app the better, bit like scouser keith :D (admin guy)

One bedroom even a studio flat is fine as long as a couple have a room of their own in the house which is of a reasonable size (there is a measurment but there are not many brit bedrooms that small in my experience)

andypaul
11th May 2008, 09:02
Manchester! wow! I would love to go there to buy some good books!.. hehehe

My hubby is currently staying at Crystal Palace. Not sure though if it is in northwest or southeast of london.. hehe. I'm very bad with georaphies!

Thats southeast London

joebloggs
11th May 2008, 09:47
but there are not many brit bedrooms that small in my experience)

but it's amazing how many eastern europeans you can fit in one :rolleyes:

Mrs.JMajor
11th May 2008, 14:46
OK joebloggs. :)

I think it is better not to mention it. He's been renting his current flat for about a year now, Is that OK?

I told him actually that it is better for us to wait until I get there before he moves to another house. And you are right, it is better to keep things simple as possible. :)

joeblogg is right, :xxgrinning--00xx3:

kimmi
11th May 2008, 19:14

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Marwin08
11th May 2008, 19:58
Joe, is it okay as a good proof of accomodation renting a flat payable to council?
Is it enough evidence having a 3 months payslips and 3 months rental agreement from council before submitting any applications?

who is he renting it from , private landlord or council..

a copy of the lease/rental agreement, along with something in writing from landlord stating it will be ok for the spouse to also live there

andypaul
11th May 2008, 20:15
Joe, is it okay as a good proof of accomodation renting a flat payable to council?
Is it enough evidence having a 3 months payslips and 3 months rental agreement from council before submitting any applications?

Joe reads up more and knows more about these things than me. But from reading previous peoples experiences no problem with council acomdation, as long as the council give express permission for you to live there.
As theexisting tennat may have got the councill propety for a particular reason with particular condtions to them staying.

So you would need to ask the tennat to enquire, as they need the permission of the councill and the councill will also have to say the propety is large enough for the both of you.

Which i think if i recall correctly is one room of an adequate size which is neither a kitchen or a bathroom.
If there is a Baby then they maybe allowed to stay untill a certain age and then a child needs a sepearate room.

People on here and elsewhere pay have submited succesfully with 3 months but if possible its best to have six months at least as thats what if i recall correctly they request you to do.

Its a big gamble not to have all they ask for due to the money and time involved to resubmit another application

nethlewy
12th May 2008, 08:53
Hi all,

I'm in the process of preparing all docs, requirements for my settlement visa. My hubby is currently renting a flat, just want to ask here what are the necessary documents he needs to prepare with regards to my proof of accommodation?

thanks in advance for helping :) :) :)

There is a similar thread with information that may be of interest to you here.

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?p=62721#post62721