PDA

View Full Version : Important question ... a bit confused

sweet_cookie08
11th May 2008, 06:05
I found from the application form asking about the applicant if she/he has relatives in the UK.

I have a brother there living with his family for about 3 years now. They are not citizens yet I believe and still waiting for their 5 years of staying there to make them a permanent resident. I have also an aunt whose been living in the UK for 35 years already. When I applied for a visitor's visa with my company, I didn't declare that I have relatives there in the UK. Now, I'm confused :cwm3::cwm3::cwm3: if I should declare my brother and my aunt in my application form (I will apply for spouse/settlement visa). Would that affect my application? I'm worried that I might be questioned why I didn't declare them on my first visa application. I'm also considering the fact that maybe someday, my brother or my aunt would sponsor my parents or other siblings to visit the UK and they would need to declare me in their applications. I don't want to get denied because of this.

When my brother applied for his visa, he didn't mention in his application about my aunt living in the UK for 35 years and he had no problems with his visa.

Please enlighten me on this :Help1:... thanks!

SephEan
11th May 2008, 06:12
hi can u tell me exactly what page can i find that question abt the relatives? thanks!!

joebloggs
11th May 2008, 06:21
hmm :Erm:

I would always tell the truth, 'tell a lie, :Hellooo: wave your visa goodbye :doh'

i only remember reading one post, nothing to do with this forum, a chinese gal had her visitor visa refused because she didn't mention on her app that she had a relationship with a english guy, who was now sponsoring her, when she was here on a student visa ..

a bit tricky, but i would probably answer it truthfully, i don't think the embassy will compare different visa apps you've made, but then if they do.. :Erm:, you could just say you made a mistake on your visitor app if they asked you..

SephEan
11th May 2008, 06:28
hi i just reviewed the copy of my application form that i have submitted. are u referring to page 10 Part 6.5? if yes, i think its only to be filled in by the person NOT applying as a fiance', spouse, unmarried partner, civil partner, partner or proposed civil partner. Please correct me if im wrong..

sweet_cookie08
11th May 2008, 06:30
ok, oh i'm really worried about it.

My brother told me not to declare him because they are not yet a permanent resident there. He has a valid visa because his wife has working there as a nurse for 4 years now and he applied for a dependent visa. Will this affect their application for permanency? Would it be alright if ever I will be interviewed as would be asked that question, to tell the ECO that I just made a mistake in my visitor app?

this worries me a lot. :bigcry:

sweet_cookie08
11th May 2008, 06:32
hi i just reviewed the copy of my application form that i have submitted. are u referring to page 10 Part 6.5? if yes, i think its only to be filled in by the person NOT applying as a fiance', spouse, unmarried partner, civil partner, partner or proposed civil partner. Please correct me if im wrong..

yes SephEan, that's it.

Should I put anything in there?.. hehe, I'm a bit confused now. Please enlighten me as well sis:)

joebloggs
11th May 2008, 06:37
ok, oh i'm really worried about it.

My brother told me not to declare him because they are not yet a permanent resident there. He has a valid visa because his wife has working there as a nurse for 4 years now and he applied for a dependent visa. Will this affect their application for permanency? Would it be alright if ever I will be interviewed as would be asked that question, to tell the ECO that I just made a mistake in my visitor app?

this worries me a lot. :bigcry:

why would it effect them ??

i think your worrying tooo much

why didn't you put them down on your visitor visa app ? did someone tell you not to, i can understand why, there are pros and cons of mentioning you have family here, when applying for a visitor/student visa..

but your applying for a settlement visa..

SephEan
11th May 2008, 06:40
oh sis u scared me!! hehehe!! i did not put anything there coz im applying as a spouse...since u are applying as a spouse u should leave blank sis..

i got confused too coz u know what? b4 when i was just getting ready for my application last year...i had the old form and on that form it has a question about other relatives living in u.k. but after months they revised their form and what u are holding now is the new revised one.

sweet_cookie08
11th May 2008, 06:43
I don't know actually why would affect them. They have a legal visa when they entered UK so I don't see a point actually.

Yes, someone told me not to put that in my visitor visa app or it would affect my application.

Yes you are right joebloggs :) :) :) i don't need to worry because I am now applying for a settlement visa. Well that gives me some peace now. :BouncyHappy: :BouncyHappy: :BouncyHappy: thank you so much!

sweet_cookie08
11th May 2008, 06:51
oh sis u scared me!! hehehe!! i did not put anything there coz im applying as a spouse...since u are applying as a spouse u should leave blank sis..

i got confused too coz u know what? b4 when i was just getting ready for my application last year...i had the old form and on that form it has a question about other relatives living in u.k. but after months they revised their form and what u are holding now is the new revised one.

sis SephEan.. sorry if I scared you.. oh good that they revised their form. Oh yes, I remember that part on the old form. I should make sure that I will have a new form. By the way sis, should I just download the new application form and print it or should I get a copy from the embassy?

joebloggs
11th May 2008, 06:51
visitor visa are a pain in the :action-smiley-081:

you never know if putting you have relatives in the uk is a good or bad thing

so many are rejected, but thats becuase they are abused by a small number, who never go back :doh

SephEan
11th May 2008, 07:07
i got mine from their webiste. i would suggest to just download it sis. Coz the last time i was at the UKVAC at Phil. AXA Bldg. my goodness a lot of people have to wait for 2 hours just to get their turn to ask for the application form... by the way i was there to follow up my refund, which reminds me to tell u that please be careful in paying ur visa, check carefully how much u really have to pay...in our case its P43,775.00-settlement visa... i dont want u to through what ive been through..hehehe!! always check their website for updates..

sweet_cookie08
11th May 2008, 07:17
i got mine from their webiste. i would suggest to just download it sis. Coz the last time i was at the UKVAC at Phil. AXA Bldg. my goodness a lot of people have to wait for 2 hours just to get their turn to ask for the application form... by the way i was there to follow up my refund, which reminds me to tell u that please be careful in paying ur visa, check carefully how much u really have to pay...in our case its P43,775.00-settlement visa... i dont want u to through what ive been through..hehehe!! always check their website for updates..

thanks sis! i'm so happy that you are there to answer my questions. :BouncyHappy:

got a few more questions for you sis:
1. when you applied for a new passport using your husband's name, did you go and get your CFO first? I was informed from the DFA hotline that I should have the CFO first before I could apply for my new passport. Is that the process you also went through?

2. how much should I pay for my visa, when should I do it and can you tell me the process in doing it?

3. where should I lodge my application?

thanks sis in advance. :) :) :)

I'm so happy to be a member of this forum. Lots of nice, friendly and helpful people here :BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

SephEan
11th May 2008, 07:50
My pleasure to help u sis..im just being helpful in return...the best way to payback for the friendliness u and the others have shown me...anyway lets go back ur questions..

Q1.when you applied for a new passport using your husband's name, did you go and get your CFO first? I was informed from the DFA hotline that I should have the CFO first before I could apply for my new passport. Is that the process you also went through?

Answer:Yes!!!first u have to get ur marriage contract from the NSO, mine took 3 weeks coz i registered and applied in Lipa Batangas. I think its faster if go directly to Manila NSO. CFO will ask u to present ur authenticated MC to them plus P250.00, bring valid ids too and ur birth cert. visit their website to make sure...u need this to apply for ur passport since ur hubby is a foreigner.

Q2.how much should I pay for my visa, when should I do it and can you tell me the process in doing it?

Answer:Pay ur visa once u have all docs. prepared, it is important that u have all evidence that u can provide.. I paid P43,775.00, thts the fee for settlement visa.. I issued the British Embassy Manila a manager's check. Go to their website and made an online appointment. its hard to be a walk-in applicant sis.. Make an online appoinment then make sure u carry ur manager's check, appointment letter and papers and be on time.

Q3.where should I lodge my application?

Answer: Phil. AXA Bldg. 25th F.... Don't forget ur appoinment letter sis.. i suggest u check their website at vfs-uk-ph.com

sweet_cookie08
11th May 2008, 08:01
Q1.when you applied for a new passport using your husband's name, did you go and get your CFO first? I was informed from the DFA hotline that I should have the CFO first before I could apply for my new passport. Is that the process you also went through?

Answer:Yes!!!first u have to get ur marriage contract from the NSO, mine took 3 weeks coz i registered and applied in Lipa Batangas. I think its faster if go directly to Manila NSO. CFO will ask u to present ur authenticated MC to them plus P250.00, bring valid ids too and ur birth cert. visit their website to make sure...u need this to apply for ur passport since ur hubby is a foreigner.

wow! that was a quick reply sis! thank you thank you! :BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

I was surprised with your MC, it took you only 3 weeks to get from NSO??? Our MC was already registered in Las Piņas and I got a copy in Security paper. Can I use that already for my CFO? or should I really need to wait for the MC from NSO? I was also informed that I could already use that in applying my new passport.

I got an endorsement letter actually from Las Pinas and will bring it tomorrow at NSO office in QC. After I submit that, they said that I need to wait for it for 10-15 days.

By the way sis, how long did it took you to process your CFO? what are the things needed to bring? Should I bring pictures of me and my hubby?

thanks again sis in advance :)

SephEan
11th May 2008, 08:23
I was surprised with your MC, it took you only 3 weeks to get from NSO??? Our MC was already registered in Las Piņas and I got a copy in Security paper. Can I use that already for my CFO? or should I really need to wait for the MC from NSO? I was also informed that I could already use that in applying my new passport.

I got an endorsement letter actually from Las Pinas and will bring it tomorrow at NSO office in QC. After I submit that, they said that I need to wait for it for 10-15 days.

By the way sis, how long did it took you to process your CFO? what are the things needed to bring? Should I bring pictures of me and my hubby?

If ur MC is already on a Secuirty paper(the yellow paper) that is authenticated already, U can use that to attend CFO seminar and to get ur passport.(bring the orig and provide photocopies). sis im just confused how did u get ur MC on Security paper if you're just about to register it to NSO 2mrw? So i assume NSO Laz Piņas issued MC on Secpaper, coz here in Lipa the only time they can issue that is once our MC from our local registrar is already registered to NSO Manila. and ours took 3 weeks.

Sis i tot it will only takes 7 days in NSO Manila-QC. anyway 2mrw ul find out. hey when u get there 2mrw inform them that u have an endorsement, coz ive been there too..there's a separate line for those who have endorsement letter.

Sis about CFO, its a seminar for every Filipino whos gonna go abroad, ur gonna ask to watch a film, and some interviews, and is look good coz they gonna take a picture of u for the certificate, and that cert. is not renewable so make smile..hehehe...it only took me 3 to 4 hrs. i think to finished.. they gonna issue a yellow cert. and a green one. u have to pay P400.00 for the green cert.

Once u get ur visa u have to get back to CFO to have ur visa stamp. coz u cant get out of this country without it...

sweet_cookie08
11th May 2008, 08:49
thanks sis SephEan :) :) :)

yeah, I got our MC from Las Pinas in sec paper already. Its our marriage certificate registered to the local civil registry of las pinas and they issued us a copy in sec paper. But they told me, I need to still go to the NSO main office to give my endorsement letter so I will get a copy issued by NSO in secpaper with NSO logo in 10-15 days only. I need to be early there tomorrow I think.

thanks for the CFO info sis. you helped me a lot! what is the best time to go there?

SephEan
11th May 2008, 09:39
hi sis!! you have to go first to PRISM, thats where the seminar takes place. Seminar starts at 10 am but I was there early around 8:30...PRISM is an organization, a partner of CFO. PRISM stands for PEOPLE'S REFORM INITIATIVE FOR SOCIAL MOBILIZATION, INC. Located at:
2nd Floor banco De Oro Bldg.
2422 Taft Ave., Malate manila
Tel. nos. 525-4314,525-3783, or 4676769
Look for miss Julie Ann, jessica or lea

Call that no. for further infos.
Good thing i still have their lealet..hehehe!!

sweet_cookie08
11th May 2008, 10:24
wow! :BouncyHappy: :cwm12::BouncyHappy: that's so close to my place! 10am? oh no! got a problem with my schedule at work. I've got a very critical project at the moment and I'm not sure if my boss would allow me to take 1 day leave.

I read one of Marylen's post that she will need to wait for her MC from NSO before she will do her CFO. hmmm.. just want to clear this, you mentioned from your previous post that I can already use my MC in secpa paper issued by local civil registrar, but not the NSO copy yet. Now I'm a bit confused. :Erm: Should I really wait for my MC issued by NSO before I could go with CFO?

SephEan
12th May 2008, 08:30
Hi sis!! well what i used was the NSO registered and authenticated MC on secpa.. Sis gt confused with the MC u got from ur local registrar, coz usually thy just gonna gv u the MC on a long coupon band, black and white. but u said its already on secpa..anyway sis here is my suggestion u better go to NSO Manila-QC Asap! register ur MC and wait or call PRISM at the nos. i gave u, ask them about the requirements...surely u gt the right answer.. just mentioned to them that ur MC is just from ur local registrar.... hope i did help u somehow...