PDA

View Full Version : Online Visa Application

Shamrockdave2003
12th May 2008, 11:51
Hi there,

My wife is currently filling out her spuse/settlement visa form online.

The first one she screwed up, (long story) but anyway once submitted she cannot edit it.

I ahve told her to complete a knew one.

Anyone got any experience of doing it online (steady :)) will this cause a problem submitting two applications.

Cheers
SD
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sconnie
12th May 2008, 12:55
We have this same issue, so also interested in the answer.

marylen
12th May 2008, 13:09
please read this: not sure if this is the answer of your question:

I was unable to or forgot to print my application when I got to the end of the application process.?

Answer:

Depending on how you have configured your computer you may get an error when you try to print. To recover a completed application select the Existing Applicants Login link on the left menu. You will be asked to enter your Application Security details and your unique visa application number. Your application number was included in the email we sent you when you completed your visa application. When you successfully login, you will have the option to print your application again. Note: that you are not permitted to edit your application once it has been submitted.

Mrs.JMajor
12th May 2008, 13:13
hello shamrock ...do u mind if can u share the first application that u said shes been screwed up please,at least we know (also some members here will get aware of....)

And i wish all the best for your wife present application

GOOD LUCK

Shamrockdave2003
12th May 2008, 13:47
No Offence but there are private details on there

I dont think so :D

It was a simple mistake with her maiden name, so nothing very interesting.

We have resubmitted and will keep our fingers crossed as no-one seems to have much experience with online applications on this forum

Ahwell

kimmi
12th May 2008, 19:54
hi shamrockdave, when I submitted my application I also use the online application and it seems that u can save it and alter it if ure not sure with ur answers about it then u can print it out on the date u wanted but I dont know if its still the same now..

I think if that's the case it would be better that u print the two copies and when she go to submit it she ask the lady or whoever that will gonna assist her and explain what happened..

Shamrockdave2003
13th May 2008, 08:24
Well we have done a new one anyway, if we get questioned we can always say that the first was a mistake.

If we ever get that far.

This morning my poor wife took a tongue lashing from me and it was not even her fault, basically today was the day when we where going to pay the visa fees, tomorrow we would make the appointment and she would hopefully be in Manila by Friday - 5 weeks processing we thought maybe she could be here by mid-July.

Nope more problems.
The Bank (Banco De Oro) did not want to accept the visa fees, because her original passport has her maiden name, with an amendment sheet stating that her name has obviously changed since she got married to me.
She has to now get a certificate to prove that her passport is real (this will take 6 days)
Im sorry if offend anyone now, but what type country is this you need a cert to prove that your passport is real despite it being a REAL passport issued by the government of the Phillippines jessssssssssssssus :cwm23:

My Poor wife got it from me as i blew my top - we got married last June and i have not even seen her or my daughter since then because of the various probs we have had, so you can see im kinda of keen to get this sorted once and for all so we can get on with our lives.

Oh man i guess we'll get there one day, or should i just slit my wrists:ARsurrender:

Sorry for boring you all with my probs

SD

stuartfarm
13th May 2008, 12:59
Well we have done a new one anyway, if we get questioned we can always say that the first was a mistake.

If we ever get that far.

This morning my poor wife took a tongue lashing from me and it was not even her fault, basically today was the day when we where going to pay the visa fees, tomorrow we would make the appointment and she would hopefully be in Manila by Friday - 5 weeks processing we thought maybe she could be here by mid-July.

Nope more problems.
The Bank (Banco De Oro) did not want to accept the visa fees, because her original passport has her maiden name, with an amendment sheet stating that her name has obviously changed since she got married to me.
She has to now get a certificate to prove that her passport is real (this will take 6 days)
Im sorry if offend anyone now, but what type country is this you need a cert to prove that your passport is real despite it being a REAL passport issued by the government of the Phillippines jessssssssssssssus :cwm23:

My Poor wife got it from me as i blew my top - we got married last June and i have not even seen her or my daughter since then because of the various probs we have had, so you can see im kinda of keen to get this sorted once and for all so we can get on with our lives.

Oh man i guess we'll get there one day, or should i just slit my wrists:ARsurrender:

Sorry for boring you all with my probs

SD

Unbelivable way to be treated !!!!!! I can understand your anger ...

Another way around this would be to get a relative , who has a bank account with any of the following :-
Standard Chartered Bank, Bank of Philippine Islands, Banco De Oro or Metrobank , to request a managers cheque payable to "The British Embassy Manila ".

It wont say who drew the cheque , mearily "pay the British Embassy xxxxx peso"

Mrs.JMajor
14th May 2008, 02:52
Im sorry sham to hear that but its true that BDO will say that cause in our country are lots of fake documents appearing....we all know how eager you like to be together....but here things...just do what they want for sure at the end u will be together happily ever after....u will be fine soon

Shamrockdave2003
15th May 2008, 08:43
Well this morning she went to a biggger branch of the BDO and they accepted it with no problems. :)

Tomorrow she will make the appointment with the embassy.

Another hurdle overcome

SD

Shamrockdave2003
17th May 2008, 12:27
We went online this morning and made an appointment - this first available slot was the 30th May

They must be seriously busy their this time of year.

I would rather she was sorted with a proper appointment, rather than having to wait all day.

We plod on

SD:xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
17th May 2008, 20:28
They must be seriously busy their this time of year.

not yet, The summer months are the busiest time of the year for both passport and visa's as people travel for their summer holidays or make preparations to study or work abroad. Inevitably this can lead to some delays in processing passport and visa applications.

best time to apply oct - jan :xxgrinning--00xx3: