PDA

View Full Version : UK Visa Application Centre Appointment

Piamed
14th May 2008, 06:25
My wife has just returned to her hotel from her appointment to submit her Spousal Visa Application. Speaking to her, there are 2 things that I think it would be useful to share with others about to go through that same process:

Firstly, having arranged all of her papers within 2 nice folders with sheets pertaining to certain evidence/requirements ordered in several nice Cellophane pockets, she was asked to remove them and place them all within a 'standard' large envelope that was provided to her
Secondly, there was absolutely no need for me to be awake over here to be ready in case she needed anything at all; she didn't

The person she had her appt with did not go through the checklist. My wife was just asked a couple of questions, like if the marriage certificate was included :doh and that was it. Overall, not an unpleasant experience.

Afterwards, she had to wait 2 hours to get her biometrics done as there were many walk-in applicants ahead of her.

So now we have joined the other forum members and guests in the Visa Processing queue. We pray that it won't take longer than it has to for any of us. Please do keep us in your prayers too. :Help1:

We both feel we are getting closer to our ultimate goal of being able to start our lives together. :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

LET THE COUNTDOWN BEGIN!!!!! :icon_win:

BTW She booked accomodation in the Makati Tiara Hotel, 7248 Malugay St., Makati city. Telephone: 729-7888/888-4146 to 49. Room rates range from about 2400 to 4500. naturally, when she made her booking only the more expensive rooms were available but she is happy there and it's 5 min walk to the local UK VAC.

As an aside, if anyone is planning on coming to Copenhagen anytime soon, don't stay in the Le Meridien Palace Hotel It is undergoing refurbishment and the workmen started moving lifting equipment around two and a half hours ago at 5am this morning.:Brick:

joebloggs
14th May 2008, 09:45
having arranged all of her papers within 2 nice folders with sheets pertaining to certain evidence/requirements ordered in several nice Cellophane pockets, she was asked to remove them and place them all within a 'standard' large envelope that was provided to her

IND will keep your nice folder, so use only cheapo folders :xxgrinning--00xx3:, as you will not get it back :doh, everythnig will be thrown in a big envelope :doh

As an aside, if anyone is planning on coming to Copenhagen anytime soon, don't stay in the Le Meridien Palace Hotel It is undergoing refurbishment and the workmen started moving lifting equipment around two and a half hours ago at 5am this morning.:Brick:

:doh oh thats where i was going to take the wife for a break after being stuck here 3 yrs :D, oh well she will not be happy :cwm24: maybe next year thou :cwm24:

:D

Piamed
14th May 2008, 10:44
:doh oh thats where i was going to take the wife for a break after being stuck here 3 yrs :D, oh well she will not be happy :cwm24: maybe next year thou :cwm24:

A lovely city, I even got to sit on the Little Mermaid's lap! :)

joebloggs
14th May 2008, 10:56
A lovely city, I even got to sit on the Little Mermaid's lap! :)

i thought they sit on your lap, in those lap danicing bars :yikes:

Piamed
14th May 2008, 11:00
i thought they sit on your lap, in those lap danicing bars :yikes:

The Little Mermaid is not so light on her fins these days, plus I still want to be able to have kids! :D:D

islander
14th May 2008, 14:36
Hi Piamed!

we'll just keep our fingers crossed & wait for our good news! hopefully soon!

Piamed
14th May 2008, 14:58
Hi Piamed!

we'll just keep our fingers crossed & wait for our good news! hopefully soon!

Salamat amiga; ikaw din!

chino
14th May 2008, 18:48
congrats! thanks for the advice

Sim11UK
14th May 2008, 20:05
The very best of luck to you both! :xxgrinning--00xx3: :)

Piamed
14th May 2008, 20:40
congrats! thanks for the advice

The very best of luck to you both! :xxgrinning--00xx3: :)

Thanks Chino and Sim11UK!

joebloggs
14th May 2008, 21:07
good luck piamed,

i'm sure you don't need it thou, just a matter of time thats all :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Piamed
14th May 2008, 21:14
good luck piamed,

i'm sure you don't need it thou, just a matter of time thats all :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Cheers mate, I appreciate your encouragement!

sweet_cookie08
15th May 2008, 00:43
Hi Piamed :)

Good to hear that your wife was able to pass her application without so much sweating! Congrats! I will definitely include her application in my prayers, ofcourse I will also include our other friends here who are in the visa processing que. Hopefully I will lodge my application next month. I'm still gathering our requirements and printing tons of chats and emails. :)

I'm happy that I was able to help you as well with the hotel that she stayed in. I told you it's just a few minutes away from Phi-AXA life building.

Goodluck to your wife's application Piamed. :)

marylen
15th May 2008, 16:33
good luck piamed...,,

same here gathering all the required things as many as possible..........wish we able to come up with no hassles,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,this site is really a big help.

Piamed
15th May 2008, 20:49
Thanks Sweetcookie_08. Sofi said the hotel was very nice and only a 5 min walk from the Phil Axa Building. Thanks again. Good luck to you as you put your docs together.

Thank you also marylen. I really hope we all have no hassles with our applications and am praying for all of us.

God bless you!

Mrs.JMajor
16th May 2008, 02:03
Pia called me,and i wish her the best of luck ,:cwm38::):BouncyHappy:

Piamed
16th May 2008, 03:11
Pia called me,and i wish her the best of luck ,:cwm38::):BouncyHappy:

Salamat, Juliet. She told me you sound really nice and she would have liked to have met you but not enough time before her flight this morning.

Mrs.JMajor
16th May 2008, 06:46
Salamat, Juliet. She told me you sound really nice and she would have liked to have met you but not enough time before her flight this morning.

Better luck next time ,if she go back again here in makati :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

----------:ARsurrender:

Pepe n Pilar
16th May 2008, 11:04
BEst of luck to all of you applying for your visa to Pia, sweet_cookie and Marylen. Hope you will get through with this ok with no hassles. Fingers crossed and have patience. "Good things happen to those who wait".....:)God Bless

jencha8569
16th May 2008, 14:08
good luck piamed..all will be good with God's Blessings :)

aug06_2006
16th May 2008, 14:46
Hi! piamed, good luck and stay think positive.

Piamed
17th May 2008, 19:33
Thanks itsme_iye, jench8569 and aug06_2006, your words of encouragement really help. I believe everything will be fine for us. He brought us together and He will make a way for us and all the other waiting couples!