PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone....Actually i'm not new here ...

yam
14th May 2008, 15:29
Hello good day....

Actually I'm not new here. I was a member here long time because my friend Iain and Louella were recommending me to sign up here but i didn't come online here often. I'm from Cebu Philippines I'm working as an ESL teacher to Korean students. Three months ago my friends Iain and Louella who are living in the UK had introduced a guy to me named Simon .Who's living in the Isle of Man.Simon had experienced problem with the relationship with a filipina he met in hongkong . My friend told me that he gave him advices about his problem and ended up introducing me to him. I told my friend that it's okay for me and interested to know him as well. My friend gave him my YM ID and after that we exchanged phone numbers each others and we had a constant messaging everyday,at that time i knew that he's still experiencing heartaches about the former GF and so i gave him advices as well and we became good friends.Before i slept and woke up in the morning he's the person i always talked to.I got used to see his message it made me smile.He told me that time that he'd like to go for a holiday here in the Philippines .Supposedly he would come to the Philippines to meet the woman that i mentioned above but eventually he changed his mind he came to the Philippines to see me and no one else.He told me that he ended up his relationship with the woman and he wanted to see me instead. I was glad about it because i was eager to see him as well.He came here 2 weeks ago April 27. For two weeks we spent time together 24 hours a day, I toured him here in Cebu City, to the south of Cebu as well and went for a trip to another island called Bohol my uncles place and most of all he celebrated his birthday May1 here and met my family, friends and relatives. He enjoyed his birthday and i was happy also to see him that he's happy during that day after the great troubles he had experienced before and i was so touch when he told me that it was the best birthday he had experienced.Actually i planned that birthday party the day when he told me that he would come to see me because even though i didn't meet him yet at that time i felt that he's really a nice guy even if we just texted each other. I could sense he's a nice person.

The sad day came when he needs to leave. I was feeling hard at that time and this times i felt a little okay but still i miss him alot. We both cried when he left. U know in my mind and in my heart i didn't want him to leave but he needs to.I really miss Simon now very much. I feel that i fell in loved with him.I knew he felt the same thing as what i'm feeling now . He said he would come to see me again this December and that I'm looking forward to see him again. He arrived in his place yesterday and these times we have a pretty good communication. At this moment I'm trying to get a personal computer so that we can chat and see each other often when we want to. I really miss him and want to be with him...................I know this distance relationship that we have now is just a trial of our relationship. I trusted him that he'll come back to see me this year as what he told me. All i am feeling at this moment is that i really miss him alot..........

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sconnie
14th May 2008, 15:43
Welcome Yam, these long distance relationships are very difficult but worth it I am sure, you will receive a lot of help and support here.

marylen
14th May 2008, 15:51
welcom yam and enjoy your stay here...(lol)

marylen
14th May 2008, 16:12
thanks for sharing up some bits of your relationship from now and then on we are all looking forward for the next update.

Well anyway we are in the same boat here. We both experiencing and the undergone the same pain....just be so thankful that everything goes out smooth between you and Simon, seems hes a very nice one as well...just keep on doing what is best of your relationship...enjoy getting to know each other ....give the best out of everything...just be yourself....don't afraid to showed up the real YOU...its nice to be ourselves rather than to pretend and after all at the end you'll be the one to suffer the consequences and it affects the marriage as well..........

As of me here, ive meet my husband way back year 2005, oct 02 i received his first email, 4 months later that was feb 18, 3006 we decided to met and strengthen out our feelings..started that day on we having a deep relationship and the plan, dreams started to fold into one....weve meet 2 times for that year on...
so just this month of dated 25th of April 2008 we got married, no regrets after all the long waits...we deserves it all.......just be patient ....everything will be fine... total in all we are almost in 3 yrs before we got married...he he he.....

And now we taken the final step to apply for a visa soon ..........one step at a time....................hope so with no interruptions or whatever..........

DaveUK
14th May 2008, 16:39
Hi! Well, ok my username on here is DaveUK (long story!), I'm the Simon Yam talks about! For those that might recognise my name from a few months ago, you'll have probably figured out that the former GF Yam mentioned was the very one that spawned my very first posting on this forum.

That period of my life was pretty bad, and the advice and encouragement from everyone on this site helped a lot! Luckily for me, as Yam has said, Iain e-mailed me and told me about her. The rest of what happened is as she has said! :-)

I had a great 2 weeks in the Philippines and my birthday was the best I'd ever had! It was the first time anyone I know had specially made me a birthday cake instead of paying someone else to do it! That meant a LOT to me! Although if my Mum is reading this, please don't take offence Mum! :-)

Louella
14th May 2008, 18:12
to both of you, Miriam & Simon, all the best of luck! Long distance relationship is not easy but true love will endure. Take care!

Louella & Iain

IainBusby
14th May 2008, 18:32
Hi Miriam,
Nice to see you posting here. I'm so glad things worked out Ok for you and Simon. :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:
Iain.

chino
14th May 2008, 18:41
welcome.. and its good that both of you two are posting... good luck

Piamed
14th May 2008, 20:48
Welcome Yam.

KeithD
14th May 2008, 20:58
I don't like Yam's :angry: Jam's nice though :xxgrinning--00xx3:......but not the pineapple jam the missus eats :angry:

sweet_cookie08
15th May 2008, 00:53
Hi Yam,

Welcome to this forum :)

Long distance relationship is really hard to deal with and painful, but your relationship will surely succeed if you truly love each other. My hubby and I thought we won't be able to make it because it is our first time to have long distance relationship like this. But you know if you are truly meant for each other, no hurdles or obstacles that you two couldn't overcome. You two just need to TRUST each other.. that is the main ingredient to make your relationship work even if you are 10,000 miles apart. Keep the love burning always. :) :) :)

LEAHnew
15th May 2008, 03:29
:xxgrinning--00xx3:Welcome to the forum Miriam and Goodluck to you and Simon:Hellooo::Hellooo:

islander
15th May 2008, 08:11
Hi Yam!

welcome to the forum!

I can really relate your story coz that's what i also felt when my bf now my hubby left on his first visit. But don't worry, its part of the trials of the relationship, for sure, you both will happily be together in the end.

Good Luck to you and Simon!

alicat
15th May 2008, 08:21
welcome to the forum..goodluck to u and simon.

SephEan
15th May 2008, 08:21
Welcome Yam!!

Many here, including me are going through that same stage... Just have faith and patience... Every relationship is going through trials, test of time and distance.. Im missing my husband too, :bigcry: although we meet online evryday and sees each other through web cam and hear our voices through voice chat...its still different when u are able to hug him tight and kiss his lips.. uuuurgggg!!! ooops i just made u miss him more..sorry...:Brick:
Be strong Girl! You'll have him beside you soon again...:cwm38:

Mrs.JMajor
15th May 2008, 14:40
Wooooooow nice to be back here Daveuk (a.k.a simon) yuhoooooooo and wow (again) at least u found yam...as we know you're details of post daveuk,well as being professional of yam for sure she is totally different w/ the old g/f and wish u both a happy ending :love:

Yam keep the pictures u taken when u are together ha for sure soon u will apply your visa too :BouncyHappy:

DaveUK
15th May 2008, 17:47
Cheers jedc143 :-)

yam
16th May 2008, 15:43
Thanks everyone for your nice advice. I really appreciated it

aposhark
16th May 2008, 23:02
I was starting to wonder if most Brit-Fil relationships were full of problems :icon_lol:
Nice to know that two people are making each other happy.
It is so easy to be negative and skeptical and it is great to see some happiness. Well done both of you :BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

KeithD
17th May 2008, 09:09
Folk here generally publish long posts if they have a problem, same goes for complaints on the internet about products. All you do is divide the number of folk active on here, by the number of those who have published a problem, and it gives you the relationship of happy couples....and it's very high.

Buy an iPod, it breaks, call customer service, no answer, you are straight on the internet to publich a bad review, put up a forum post complaining.....however, buy an iPod, works as it should, you don't rush on to praise the company do you?

paulgee
5th June 2008, 19:59
Welcome to the forum both of you, best wishes to you.

Paul

Peanutz
5th June 2008, 21:27
Goodluck to both of you, Yam and Simon!

yam
19th June 2008, 15:28
i miss him alot.......

Mrs Daddy
19th June 2008, 17:16
i miss him alot.......

wat can u say about that dave:)Goodluck to both of you:xxgrinning--00xx3:

DaveUK
19th June 2008, 18:32
I don't blame her! ;-)

andypaul
19th June 2008, 19:45
Folk here generally publish long posts if they have a problem, same goes for complaints on the internet about products. All you do is divide the number of folk active on here, by the number of those who have published a problem, and it gives you the relationship of happy couples....and it's very high.

Buy an iPod, it breaks, call customer service, no answer, you are straight on the internet to publich a bad review, put up a forum post complaining.....however, buy an iPod, works as it should, you don't rush on to praise the company do you?

I do praise where its due and moan like hell when needed.

Feedback is the ony way people and companies know how and where to improve.

andypaul
19th June 2008, 19:47
What a great story Yam and dave.

May i wish you a long and happy time together.

P.s Yam should we all pop round for tea as you have your address up:D

vbkelly
19th June 2008, 20:54
i miss him alot.......

hi yam welcome to the forum

ginapeterb
19th June 2008, 20:58
Another happy start up on the long road to love and marriage in the Philippines, its always good to see a new couple get on the road to Mandalay, best wishes.

Pete and Gin Gin

IainBusby
20th June 2008, 08:36
Hi Meriam,
Just keep your chin up, keep looking forward and December will come round before you know it. Then Simon will be there with you again and you'll have the best Christmas you've ever had.
Cheers,
Louella & Iain.

Mrs Daddy
20th June 2008, 17:55
love is on the air ooooppppsssss on the forum pala:)

yam
23rd June 2008, 16:22
Thanks Iain.I really cant avoid sometimes it hurts because of missing him a lot. Anyway, i know we can get through this. I'm wishing that December will come very soon as i want to see him and be with him again.

steprose
24th June 2008, 13:52
Hello Yam and Simon..

Good luck to both of you! My Fiancé is from Isle of Man too. :)

vbkelly
24th June 2008, 14:31
Hello Yam and Simon..

Good luck to both of you! My Fiancé is from Isle of Man too. :)

a tax free place

DaveUK
24th June 2008, 14:36
I wouldn't go that far! Especially when a pint costs nearly £3.10! :-)

Melanierose
24th June 2008, 14:47
WOW.. is all i can say and Welcome to the forum.. ^_^

steprose
24th June 2008, 14:52
I wouldn't go that far! Especially when a pint costs nearly £3.10! :-)

:omg::NoNo::D

yam
23rd October 2008, 14:51
Hello Iain how is it going?...

yam
23rd October 2008, 14:54
Hello iain how is it going?

IainBusby
23rd October 2008, 21:40
Hello iain how is it going?

Hi Miriam,
Were all fine here, how are things with you, counting the days off one by one now till December I'll bet. :love18::love18::love18:

Iain.

gazlou
23rd October 2008, 23:09
Hi! Well, ok my username on here is DaveUK (long story!), I'm the Simon Yam talks about! For those that might recognise my name from a few months ago, you'll have probably figured out that the former GF Yam mentioned was the very one that spawned my very first posting on this forum.

That period of my life was pretty bad, and the advice and encouragement from everyone on this site helped a lot! Luckily for me, as Yam has said, Iain e-mailed me and told me about her. The rest of what happened is as she has said! :-)

I had a great 2 weeks in the Philippines and my birthday was the best I'd ever had! It was the first time anyone I know had specially made me a birthday cake instead of paying someone else to do it! That meant a LOT to me! Although if my Mum is reading this, please don't take offence Mum! :-)

Yeah, I remember your thread few months ago, nice to know that you found somebody that makes you happy. All the best to you both. :):)

yam
24th October 2008, 14:07
It's good to hear from you :)

I'm fine Iain as well as Simon he's fine.He's a bit busy these days at work. He got disappointed many days ago about the changed of flight which cost him a fortune but anyway he sorted it out. He'll arrive in cebu december 19. Can't wait...

Yeah we keep on counting days,hours,minutes and seconds...:) I'm so happy as it's getting there:)

Thanks again by the way...tell louella hello for me:)

Miriam

DaveUK
27th October 2008, 00:47
Yeah, I remember your thread few months ago, nice to know that you found somebody that makes you happy. All the best to you both. :):)

Cheers :-)

keithAngel
27th October 2008, 01:16
Hi we are almost neighbors

PAT
27th October 2008, 07:59
Welcome to the forum Yam, and good luck to you both.