PDA

View Full Version : Successful visit Visa :)

AJS
17th May 2008, 10:13
Hi! I got issued a visa to visit my bf without an interview last may 15th it took 19 days to process my application, but it was well worth it. Prior to the application, we’ve been reading this forum as guide. So, we think it would be just right to share our experience

We used the online application form and then printed it, then we booked our appointment to submit our documents.

Apart from the documents suggested on the guidance list, we also felt we needed more evidence. As a result these are the following documents we also submited.

1. My Bank Certificate
2. My Bank Statement
3. My Certificate of Employment (stating amount of salary per month and date of leave)
4. My Pay Slip
5. Affidavit of Support and Consent from My Parents
6. Parents’ Marriage Contract
7. My Birth Certificate
8. Parents’ Bank Certificate
9. Parents’ Annual Income Tax Return
10. Credit Card Statement
11. Letter of Invite from My British Friend (stating the purpose of my visit, which is to meet his family. And it is also stated in the letter that I have an intention to come back to the Philippines.)
12. Scanned Driver’s License of My British Friend
13. Round-trip Flight Itinerary
14. 2-week Tour Itinerary

We do believe it is difficult to get a tourist visa, both from informations on forums and through people we know, yet lots of the stories we hear of, do have an element of doubt as to if the person is genuine or not and I can see why the visa was refused. However we have found it is possible to get the visa, if you are a genuine applicant then you will have all the documentation required and you do stand a good chance of getting approved. Do not be put off by others being negative, do absolutly everything you can do and the more supporting evidence the better.

We both wish you the best of luck as we are so unbelievably happy to have been approved and we can enjoy the next stage of our relationship.

Good Luck :)

LEAHnew
17th May 2008, 11:26
WOW Congratulation, u'r lucky:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Great 1st Post :Erm::rolleyes:

joebloggs
17th May 2008, 11:39
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

yes you're lucky, the govs own figures state at least a 30% refusal rate for manila, but judging from the number of people on here who have applied for a VV and have been refused, i guess the refusal rate is like 70%.

and it looks like some of those had more reason/evidence to return to the phils than you have.. own property/business and yet they were still refused, its a lottery with the VV.

jencha8569
17th May 2008, 12:12
congratulations:) i think u so lucky:xxgrinning--00xx3:

best wishes

Mrs.JMajor
17th May 2008, 12:26
Well thats being great of you sharing that things to the forum ,and you are

right,be honest / genuine applicant nothing impossible :xxgrinning--00xx3:

congratz :Hellooo:

AJS
17th May 2008, 14:09
hi,

Thanks for your kind words, when we applied our idea was to think of all the possible questions that they may ask/have and supply an answer on a piece of paper, and it worked :)

Piamed
17th May 2008, 14:11
well done AJS! Have a great time here.

marylen
17th May 2008, 14:22
maybe thats what you destined to be.....just enjoy out of it, you surely deserves it....have a safe trip (von voyage)

islander
17th May 2008, 14:37
Hi AJS!

Congratulations! you're one of the choosen few, hehehe! Enjoy your stay in UK!

tomm
18th May 2008, 01:26
Congrats AJS :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Hope you enjoy the UK.

Your post is very useful. Thanks. Hope you don't mind me asking.... Did you only supply your BF's drivers licence and letter of invitation? Did you book the flight before the visa application or did you just have schedule times?

mavid
18th May 2008, 04:35
Congrats!

kimmi
18th May 2008, 11:29
well done...:)

aromulus
18th May 2008, 12:24
Wow, we don't get many of those....:omg:

Congratulations.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

AJS
18th May 2008, 14:21
Hi Tomm

I only supplied the driving licence and invitation, as for the flight, we used a travel agent to give us a schedule with flight on but it wasent booked or paid for, but it was a confirmed flight under my name.

tomm
19th May 2008, 00:43

Mrs.JMajor
19th May 2008, 00:58

welcome back on the forum hubby :Hellooo:

LEAHnew
19th May 2008, 06:25
Hi Tomm

I only supplied the driving licence and invitation, as for the flight, we used a travel agent to give us a schedule with flight on but it wasnt booked or paid for, but it was a confirmed flight under my name.

:xxgrinning--00xx3:
BTW AJS have u met your BF here in Phil?:)

Hi Kuya Tomm nice to see you posting again.:Hellooo::Hellooo:
Goodluck to you and ate Juliet:xxgrinning--00xx3:

alicat
19th May 2008, 07:57
congratulations..
well done..

Pepe n Pilar
19th May 2008, 12:13
Congratulations....and welcome to the U.K:Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

gadgets
19th May 2008, 12:51
congratulations!!! :Hellooo: :Hellooo: :Hellooo:

enjoy your time in the UK.

scg_19
19th May 2008, 19:46
Congratulation! Very helpful topic to share! :)

tomm
20th May 2008, 01:44
Hi Kuya Tomm nice to see you posting again.:Hellooo::Hellooo:
Goodluck to you and ate Juliet:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Hi Leah... just been so busy. :rolleyes:
Good luck to you and Chris :xxgrinning--00xx3: