PDA

View Full Version : Attention: to all who plan to get married in phils thru civil wedding

marylen
18th May 2008, 10:25
Note:

If your gf came from visayas or even from some part of mindanao. I may advice you to get a local cni here in mandaue (cebu)along with her as it's all done so easy and real quick that only takes an hour or half, no need to fly over to manila for that said matter (it cost much for u to do so.) of course don't forget to bring your uk cni along with you....I may advice you to bring the ff:

____divorce certificate ( if applicable)
____birth certificate (both ) to see the correct spelling to avoid conflict later on (original birth cert of your bf and NSO copy for a girl)
____uk cni
_____passport (bf)
____cenomar (both) (optional)
______payments (not sure how much but its about 5,020 peso when we had ours few weeks back)

OPSSSSSSSs wait if your gf is still under parental consent please get one before coming to the consular office as Moya Jackson will refuse you to issue one...I am not sure what age up to but starting from 18 , u have to ask the specific age...go to city hall near to her place and get a parental consent provided by any lawyer/judge .(not sure if there is any payment but not much if there is)..(my husband friend had delayed of getting cni as they forgot to get a parental consent for his gf )

wait for couple of mins till Moya Jackson hand you over the local cni as shes going to type it upstairs. thats it....

Best to go there early morning but need to have an appointment done by email......she will definitely answers in quick...so no problem with that..just tell her that you have to ask a local cni and just provide the exacts what date and time you were in cebu.......u tell her(Moya Jackson) if its best if you can have the schedule soon as possible as u wish when is best and suitable for you.........so u won't need to wait long enough ....

If have enough time right the same day go directly to register office where your gf is residing at, apply for a marriage license....just bring all those things ive mentioned above....wait for 10 days................and its all done and free to marry...GOOD LUCK.

Mrs. Moya Jackson
Villa Terrace, Greenhills Road
Casuntingan, Mandaue
Cebu City
Office hours:
9:00 a.m. to 12nn (Monday-Friday – by appointment only)
E-mail:honcon001@pldtdsl.net
* Out of the country from 31 July – 6 October 2008

islander
18th May 2008, 13:17
very well said marylen!

actually, getting local CNI is not only applicable for civil wedding, for church wedding as well. That's also what we did with my hubby as part of wedding requirements.

marylen
18th May 2008, 13:18
yeeeeeeeeeeeeee as welllllllllllll

socool007
28th May 2008, 21:50
Marylen You say that Moya Jackson is out of the country 31st July - 6th Oct 2008 if so can i still get my CNI IN Cebu we are getting married in Sept.You also say that she will not give me a CNI with out a letter from her parents and it must be provided by a layer/judge.she is 20.

marylen
29th May 2008, 14:00
ye i guess she still need a parent consent...just go to your local registrar and ask where to get a parent consent...they will tell you what to do so....if ever you plan to get a cni same time were moya is out of the country...better to get a cni in manila then...i have no idea about getting cni in manila as i am from cebu here.......maybe others here can tell you more in details about those.yeah thats what the newly schedule of moya jackson through out year 2008....so watch out for that...

vbkelly
29th May 2008, 14:05
i think you need a parents consent if you are below 18 years old

marylen
29th May 2008, 14:10
ages 18 to 23 are the one that i guess still need to provide a parent of consent...surely below 18 is not qualified to get married yet. anyway it depends on the place itself..thats what i found out here when i got my license before.....luckily i am 28 and no need any.......

joebloggs
29th May 2008, 14:13
minimum age for a spouse visa could well be 21 yrs old soon, gov has hinted they will do it, just when :Erm:

Ann07
29th May 2008, 14:19
i have a friend she just turned 18 last may..got married to a british guy this month...so theres no possibility for her to be granted a spousal visa coz she is only 18?

ann

joebloggs
29th May 2008, 14:39
gov has hinted a few times it will be changed to 21yrs old to stop forced/arranged marriages..

we just don't know when it will happen..

she can still apply for a visa now,, like i said who knows when it will become law..

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article1563905.ece
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/6691461.stm

Ann07
29th May 2008, 15:24
thank you:)