PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everybody!

joroco
18th May 2008, 18:39
Another new guy. It's like first day at school isn't it. haha. Joroco is John from Ashford Middx near Heathrow. Only found this site half an hour ago. so don't know too much about it. Current position: Living in UK and waiting for wife to join me. Now doesn't that sound familiar!!! Hope to chat you all again some time soon. I too need to pick your brains about a few things like VISAS!!!

Terrielicious
18th May 2008, 18:42
welcome to the site. Smilez

kimmi
18th May 2008, 18:51
welcome to the forum mate, just keep on reading some threads here maybe u can find answers on ur querries..:)

aromulus
18th May 2008, 19:06
I too need to pick your brains about a few things like VISAS!!!

Before posting any questions about visas, please refer to the search function.
The chances are that your queries have been answered many times before. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Welcome aboard, make yourself comfortable, get yourself a cuppa and if you want you can tell us your story.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Marwin08
18th May 2008, 19:41
Welcome to the family joroco. Enjoy your stay here. This is a home where you can find a gem that will help you sorting your wife's visa. Good luck

Mrs Daddy
18th May 2008, 21:25
welcome aboard jorocco:)

Piamed
18th May 2008, 21:44
Welcome Joroco!

marylen
19th May 2008, 01:33
welcome

LEAHnew
19th May 2008, 07:39
You've got the right forum:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Welcome and goodluck:Hellooo::Hellooo:

alicat
19th May 2008, 07:50
:Hellooo::Hellooo:welcome to the forum:Hellooo::Hellooo:

joroco
19th May 2008, 08:11
Thanks for the good wishes everybody! if you've got time to spare here's the story.
December 2006 met on internet. January 2007 visited Cristina in her home town of Camp Phillips, Bukidnon. After a bumpy start we got on great and were in love by the time I left a week later.
February 2007 applied for fiance visa. Had all the right paperwork, proof of visit, pics, IM lregular contact, finances, accommodation.
April 2007 Cristina went to Manila for interview. I've since seen transcript, it was a disaster!
May 2007 told visa was refused by phone. June 2007 received judgment but dated May so was out of time for application for Appea. Wrote back, explained judgment was late coming and not enoughtime to prepare appeal.
July 2007 Appeal allowed to proceed, Applied for hearing at Hatton Cross AIT. Told that embassy will need till December to send paperwork!!
June/July 2007 visited RP again. Bought house. By now sending 9,000 a month for bills and to keep Cristina. When I got back started preparation for marriage. Got CNI, divorce papers etc.
Jan 2008 Visited RP again, this time we lived together in our own home. After chasing around to find a judge, we married Jan 14. Returned after a month there.
April 8, 2008 AIT hearing. Went fantastic. Sitiuation had completely changed since original application. No objections froom Home Office man.
May 13, 2008 I received notice that appeal is allowed.
So here are the questions!!
HOw long before Cristina is likely to be notified. And once she is informed, How long to get the actual visa, does she have to go to the embassy (500 miles away) or can it be done by post. I really want to know when it is safe to book the air ticket. Any other advice more than welcome.
Look forward to your replies!

joebloggs
19th May 2008, 10:10
it took a year to appeal and get an answer :NoNo:

why did they refuse it :Erm: they didn't believe your relationship was genuine, becuase you had only known her a few months ??
and why didn't you just apply again ?

as for how long, depends how busy the embassy is.. :Erm: days,weeks, months, who knows.. also the ECO is entitled to review any case that is older than six months and ask for resubmission of evidence

good luck thou.. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

CaptB
19th May 2008, 10:45
Hi,
good to meet you and hope all goes well. Would be interested on how things go as I may look to process my wifes visa in the next 18months depending how things go in the Philippines.

islander
19th May 2008, 14:10
welcome to the forum!

just read more, almost all questions about visa are tackled here! Good Luck!

Mrs.JMajor
19th May 2008, 14:11
was thinking the same thing,met internet December,visited Cristina January ,apply for fiancee by February,,yeah so fast i agree to joe why u just didn't apply for new one then ......:)

joroco
19th May 2008, 17:29
Thanks for the replies. Well they have decided to give her a visa now. So that is sorted. It's just a question of how long they take to process it, assuming the notice that it has been allowed arrives about now at the embassy. The reason I didn't re-apply is that the original application was £260, and we were informed that would include the cost of the appeal. Another application would have cost another £500 (prices went up in April 2007). And there was nothing to indicate that a new application would have been any quicker than appealling the first application.

joroco
19th May 2008, 17:40
One aspect of the application you may be interested in is that the original application was for a fiance visa. But by the time we got to the appeal we were married. The judge at the AIT said he had discretion in the matter and was willing to consider the appeal as a spouse visa, on the grounds that the criteria were similar. So that was a stroke of luck at least. Otherwise it could have been back to square one!

mavid
19th May 2008, 17:44
Welcome Joroco!

IainBusby
19th May 2008, 19:38
Thanks for the good wishes everybody! if you've got time to spare here's the story.
December 2006 met on internet. January 2007 visited Cristina in her home town of Camp Phillips, Bukidnon. After a bumpy start we got on great and were in love by the time I left a week later.
February 2007 applied for fiance visa. Had all the right paperwork, proof of visit, pics, IM lregular contact, finances, accommodation.
April 2007 Cristina went to Manila for interview. I've since seen transcript, it was a disaster!
May 2007 told visa was refused by phone. June 2007 received judgment but dated May so was out of time for application for Appea. Wrote back, explained judgment was late coming and not enoughtime to prepare appeal.
July 2007 Appeal allowed to proceed, Applied for hearing at Hatton Cross AIT. Told that embassy will need till December to send paperwork!!
June/July 2007 visited RP again. Bought house. By now sending 9,000 a month for bills and to keep Cristina. When I got back started preparation for marriage. Got CNI, divorce papers etc.
Jan 2008 Visited RP again, this time we lived together in our own home. After chasing around to find a judge, we married Jan 14. Returned after a month there.
April 8, 2008 AIT hearing. Went fantastic. Sitiuation had completely changed since original application. No objections froom Home Office man.
HOw long before Cristina is likely to be notified. And once she is informed, How long to get the actual visa, does she have to go to the embassy (500 miles away) or can it be done by post. I really want to know when it is safe to book the air ticket. Any other advice more than welcome.

Hi Joroco,
Welcome to the forum.
My wife Louella comes from very near to Camp Phillips, about 1 kilometer from there in Damilag.

Iain.

lizaphil
19th May 2008, 20:03
hi welcome to the forum
mine i wait just a month and they send me and don't book the ticket yet untill you got the visa

Mrs.JMajor
20th May 2008, 02:51
Ok got you now, great u have visa granted already :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Good luck to both of you :cwm38::)

aposhark
20th May 2008, 08:40
Welcome joroco :)

joroco
20th May 2008, 11:03
Iain, I said Camp Phillips because that was the town most people were likely to know. In fact, she and her family live in Damilag too. And we have also bought a house there on Upper Miranda Side. Also, I know two other English guys living in Damilag, one on Dear BC and the other next door on the highway. email if you want johninbukidnon at yahoo.com.ph

Pepe n Pilar
20th May 2008, 13:22
Welcome to the site Joroco:Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

chino
27th May 2008, 22:52
Welcome to the Mad House

mickandsherryl
1st June 2008, 23:58
Hi and welcome

paulgee
5th June 2008, 19:47
Welcome to the forum, wishing you much happiness together.

Paul