PDA

View Full Version : my baby's british passport

telford
21st May 2008, 06:06
Hello everybody,I know youre not familiar with me even i been a member maybe 2yrs ago...i didnt do lots of posting,just keep on reading almost everyday....I have a question for my baby's british passport. I got her british passport in Cebu with the help of the consul last April 2008,since we have no plans yet to go back there in UK,do she also need to pay her stay here since she's a british passport holder,even she was born here in Philippines last Aug. 08,2007??? ADVICE PLSSSS.......:)

LadyJ
21st May 2008, 07:49
If your daughter holds a Philippine passport as well as the British passport then she wont need to apply a visa to stay in the Philippines, she can stay there in the Philippines as long as you want.

If she dont have Philippine passport yet, apply her one as soon as possible.

Piamed
21st May 2008, 09:16
If your daughter holds a Philippine passport as well as the British passport then she wont need to apply a visa to stay in the Philippines, she can stay there in the Philippines as long as you want.

Makes sense to me too! :)

kimmi
21st May 2008, 12:52

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

stretch33
21st May 2008, 15:25
Aha, Like you im an avid reader and rare poster. However this subject is just what l need. I have a son (and another on way) out the there in the PI.....He has a Philippine birth cert, with my surname (as we will eventually get hitched)....Can l get a brit passport for him as well as his filipino one? For info he's only 2 years old.
All advice appreciated on this subby

stretch33
21st May 2008, 15:44
:ARsurrender:Hi Ito am a rare poster but an avid reader of this forum. This subject is right on the button for me.... I have a son out in Davao (and another nipper en route) My g/f and l are not married (yet) He our son was born in hospital and has my surname on his Philippne birth certificate. I would like them tocome over for a visit to uk maybe next year and wondered can he get a British passport even tho me and his mother are not yet married? Further to that can he also get issued with a Philippine passport? I seem to recall my uk daughter travelled abroad on my Brit passport years ago....is this valid for my son as well?
Finaly (getting it all in on one post) Marriage.....easier here than in PI? I've been living out there for past 2 years and now gone back to my job so, ideally would like to do it here.....as it seems less paperwork.
Sorry to go on !!!!!
Phil

Hello everybody,I know youre not familiar with me even i been a member maybe 2yrs ago...i didnt do lots of posting,just keep on reading almost everyday....I have a question for my baby's british passport. I got her british passport in Cebu with the help of the consul last April 2008,since we have no plans yet to go back there in UK,do she also need to pay her stay here since she's a british passport holder,even she was born here in Philippines last Aug. 08,2007??? ADVICE PLSSSS.......:)

stretch33
21st May 2008, 15:46
Whoops..........seem to pressing tomany buttons

Eljohno
21st May 2008, 18:05
If one of the parents is British then just apply to the British Embassy for a passport for the child even if you intend to still live in the Philippines!!

I would think that if the child is now registered British that you will have to pay for the extension visa while living in the Philippines but if i am wrong someone on here can correct this answer!!

telford
22nd May 2008, 08:48

Thanks Lady J :) , yeah my baby have already a Philippine passport...what about when we go back there in UK,i know she need to used her british passport so that she dont need to apply for visa,will the Philippine Immigration ask us to pay for her stay here?What will be the best thing to do?Please help!!!

telford
22nd May 2008, 08:52
If one of the parents is British then just apply to the British Embassy for a passport for the child even if you intend to still live in the Philippines!!

I would think that if the child is now registered British that you will have to pay for the extension visa while living in the Philippines but if i am wrong someone on here can correct this answer!!

I hope not Eljohno coz it means that we will pay much...:omg:

telford
22nd May 2008, 08:55
Aha, Like you im an avid reader and rare poster. However this subject is just what l need. I have a son (and another on way) out the there in the PI.....He has a Philippine birth cert, with my surname (as we will eventually get hitched)....Can l get a brit passport for him as well as his filipino one? For info he's only 2 years old.
All advice appreciated on this subby

HI! yeah he can get both Philippine and British passport. My daughter have passport Philippine and British and she's still 9months old now.

telford
22nd May 2008, 09:16
Hello to everyone,i post this for a girl i met in Camiguin Island when we had holiday with my Family last month.
She is a girlfriend of a british guy who is presently staying in Spain for 12yrs now.They have a 9months old baby with the same name as my baby and believe me or we also have the same name :) ,anyway...We became friends and she told me her situation with her b/f.She said,her b/f is not good to her and really a headache.He didnt respect her in a way that he still keep on flirting to other girls even infront of her.When he is in Spain he didnt give enough support for her and the baby.(she really needs it coz her family is also poor and disowned her coz of that man)By the way they didnt met online,her friend working in Spain introduce him to her.She said that she's not happy with him anymore,so i told her to leave him and start a new life.But she said she's willing to do it,trouble is,she also want to get a support for the baby,but the guy refuse to give her baby a financial support if she will leave him.The baby used the family name of the guy in her birth certificate.
My question is,can she ask help from Child Support Agency since that guy is been in Spain now? But she said he recieved pensione in UK.
I just wanna help her coz i feel pity for her and the baby....Please let us help her!!!
I ask her to go in this furom,but she said,she's not really a computer literate and she also have no time and money to go online.Whatever your advice I will send it to her via text coz she's from Cagayan de Oro and we're here in Agusan del Norte.

LadyJ
22nd May 2008, 09:57
Thanks Lady J :) , yeah my baby have already a Philippine passport...what about when we go back there in UK,i know she need to used her british passport so that she dont need to apply for visa,will the Philippine Immigration ask us to pay for her stay here?What will be the best thing to do?Please help!!!

Now she's got her dual citizen so there's nothing to worried about. Use her British passport when travelling to UK and also show her Philippine passport at the Philippine Immigration. YOu shouldn't have to pay for her stay in there because she's a Filipino citizen and holds a Philippiine passport.

Hope this helps.

LadyJ
22nd May 2008, 10:07
[I]
Hello to everyone,i post this for a girl i met in Camiguin Island when we had holiday with my Family last month.
She is a girlfriend of a british guy who is presently staying in Spain for 12yrs now.They have a 9months old baby with the same name as my baby and believe me or we also have the same name :) ,anyway...We became friends and she told me her situation with her b/f.She said,her b/f is not good to her and really a headache.He didnt respect her in a way that he still keep on flirting to other girls even infront of her.When he is in Spain he didnt give enough support for her and the baby.(she really needs it coz her family is also poor and disowned her coz of that man)By the way they didnt met online,her friend working in Spain introduce him to her.She said that she's not happy with him anymore,so i told her to leave him and start a new life.But she said she's willing to do it,trouble is,she also want to get a support for the baby,but the guy refuse to give her baby a financial support if she will leave him.The baby used the family name of the guy in her birth certificate.
My question is,can she ask help from Child Support Agency since that guy is been in Spain now? But she said he recieved pensione in UK.
I just wanna help her coz i feel pity for her and the baby....Please let us help her!!!
I ask her to go in this furom,but she said,she's not really a computer literate and she also have no time and money to go online.Whatever your advice I will send it to her via text coz she's from Cagayan de Oro and we're here in Agusan del Norte.

Where she want to ask for Child support? In UK government? Well the answer is SHE CAN'T, the child doesn't live here in UK specially the father who can only claim for child support because he's a British Citizen but he can't make a claim because he don't live here.

telford
22nd May 2008, 10:11
[I]

Where she want to ask for Child support? In UK government? Well the answer is SHE CAN'T, the child doesn't live here in UK specially the father who can only claim for child support because he's a British Citizen but he can't make a claim because he don't live here.

oh oh... thank you so much Lady J... Youre really a great help!!! I'll text her your reply.

telford
22nd May 2008, 10:14
Now she's got her dual citizen so there's nothing to worried about. Use her British passport when travelling to UK and also show her Philippine passport at the Philippine Immigration. YOu shouldn't have to pay for her stay in there because she's a Filipino citizen and holds a Philippiine passport.

Hope this helps.

thank you so much Lady J... atleast now we're not worried anymore. Thank you so much!!!:):):)

LadyJ
22nd May 2008, 10:16
:ARsurrender:Hi Ito am a rare poster but an avid reader of this forum. This subject is right on the button for me.... I have a son out in Davao (and another nipper en route) My g/f and l are not married (yet) He our son was born in hospital and has my surname on his Philippne birth certificate. I would like them tocome over for a visit to uk maybe next year and wondered can he get a British passport even tho me and his mother are not yet married? Further to that can he also get issued with a Philippine passport? I seem to recall my uk daughter travelled abroad on my Brit passport years ago....is this valid for my son as well?
Finaly (getting it all in on one post) Marriage.....easier here than in PI? I've been living out there for past 2 years and now gone back to my job so, ideally would like to do it here.....as it seems less paperwork.
Sorry to go on !!!!!
Phil

First of all your son is already a Filipino citizen from the day he was born, her mother can apply her a Philippine passport at anytime.

About applying for your sons British passport, you'll need to register his birth in British Embassy in Manila. There are applications and fees you will need to pay for this. Go to British embassy's website for more details.

The law has changed and any child will have to travel and use their own passport.

For me the best, easiest and cheapest way for your partner to get a visa to come to the UK is to marry in the Philippines.

stretch33
26th June 2008, 21:10
Hi All, Im still studying all these posts.....Got all the forms from home office and still slightly baffled but l will persist. Will keep on reading what you guys add !
Cheers