PDA

View Full Version : visa tracking

john sergison
26th May 2008, 10:15
morning all

i have been trying to use the tracking system on ukvacs website to track my step daughters visa application, but it tells me it is an invalid search.

if anyone else has used the tracking can you confirm to me which part of this reference number should be entered as i have tried using all and different parts of it.

aman/date of birth/031860/1xx485326

i have left d. o. b out for obvious reasons

regards

john

aromulus
26th May 2008, 10:20
morning all

i have been trying to use the tracking system on ukvacs website to track my step daughters visa application, but it tells me it is an invalid search.

if anyone else has used the tracking can you confirm to me which part of this reference number should be entered as i have tried using all and different parts of it.

aman/date of birth/031860/1xx485326

i have left d. o. b out for obvious reasons

regards

john

You can track it as much as you want, but I doubt very much you will find the answer you look for. :omg:

I did it on a couple of occasions with the passport number, but it always said that the paperwork was with the embassy.....

You just have to wait, am afraid.

Good luck

islander
26th May 2008, 14:43
yes, I have not been tracking my application there anymore coz they will just give you a standard reply, they wont give you any specific answer about the status of your visa.

But if you really want to try tracking your application there, you just need to type aman/_ _ _ _ _ _ /_ _ _ _ _ _ /1 you don't have to include date of birth in between & passport no. in the end, thats what i used when tracking my application.

hope this helps! Good Luck!

john sergison
26th May 2008, 16:07
yes thanks folks, i knew that it is a waste of time as the ukvacs can not say the status but i wanted to be sure that the embassy had it.

it has been 2 months now.

i was able to use tracking after your advice thanks again.

joebloggs
26th May 2008, 16:43
my stepson got his visa in 2wks when we applied, but that was 1 1/2yrs ago..

this time of year it's a bit busier ..

also he was called for an interview..

good luck thou.. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Shamrockdave2003
30th May 2008, 15:23
Guys,

Can anyone help with this?

I know she only applied this morning but i have typed in aman/300508/....../1

Don know what the second number relates to, the first being the date.

I keep getting invalid request on the tracker

Any ideas

SD:xxgrinning--00xx3:

IainBusby
30th May 2008, 16:58
Guys,

Can anyone help with this?

I know she only applied this morning but i have typed in aman/300508/....../1

Don know what the second number relates to, the first being the date.

I keep getting invalid request on the tracker

Any ideas

Hi Dave,
When my wife's visa was being proccessed I had the same problem with regard to tracking (Invalid Search), so I emailed them about it. They replied very quicky and were very helpful and told me what I was doing wrong. Thats when it was the old UKVACS of course, but I think it's still worth a try with the new company I suppose.

info@vfs-uk-ph.com

SephEan
31st May 2008, 02:50
Based on my experience, tracking your application through UKVACs website is useless. They just gonna give you their standard response. I did that many times, the day before i received my visa, i still got the same response. I used the email too, but i didn't get any reply, i followed it up but still no reply. i guess its better to wait. Or if you really want to hear from them call them, maybe it could help somehow ease ur mind.

IainBusby
31st May 2008, 08:56
Based on my experience, tracking your application through UKVACs website is useless. They just gonna give you their standard response. I did that many times, the day before i received my visa, i still got the same response. I used the email too, but i didn't get any reply, i followed it up but still no reply. i guess its better to wait. Or if you really want to hear from them call them, maybe it could help somehow ease ur mind.

At least you will know when the processing is over because the "standard response" changes and it says "Dispatched" and then you know that the news, good or bad is on the way to you.

Iain.

Shamrockdave2003
31st May 2008, 15:15
Yeah if it worked :NoNo:

Shamrockdave2003
2nd June 2008, 16:46
Has nobody else used this system?

Have emailed them with no response.

This is gonna be torture, its only been 3 days :yikes::bigcry::angry:

SD

Piamed
2nd June 2008, 17:09
Has nobody else used this system?

Have emailed them with no response.

This is gonna be torture, its only been 3 days :yikes::bigcry::angry:

SD

It certainly is! I was going to call today but talking with my rib helped me not call. Waiting is tough!

Piamed
3rd June 2008, 11:10
Pia has just tried to track her visa application via the following link https://www.vfs.org.in/ApplicantStatus.aspx and entering her reference number GWF00xxxxxxx but the response she gets is invalid search.

can someone please advise where are you all entering your tracking info and what is the last number? I.e. aman/DOB/Passport number/?

Shamrockdave2003
3rd June 2008, 11:28
HI,

Just got it sorted, i asked the wife to scan the receipt so i could see the full number.

She had given me the wrong number and hence i couldn't track it :doh

Basically the format is AMAN/thedate she applied like 030608 then receipt number /1

All it says is your visa has been forwarded to the High Commission

Hope this helps

Sconnie
3rd June 2008, 11:29
The reference number should be on the receipt Pia was given.

AMAN/date of submitting documents/040942/1 is Vanessas

Sconnie
3rd June 2008, 11:30
Yep thats all it says for ours too.

We just have to be patient, torture I know, its less than 2 weeks for us but feels like 2 months or more

Piamed
3rd June 2008, 11:56
HI,

Just got it sorted, i asked the wife to scan the receipt so i could see the full number.

She had given me the wrong number and hence i couldn't track it :doh

Basically the format is AMAN/thedate she applied like 030608 then receipt number /1

All it says is your visa has been forwarded to the High Commission

Hope this helps

The reference number should be on the receipt Pia was given.

AMAN/date of submitting documents/040942/1 is Vanessas

Yep thats all it says for ours too.

We just have to be patient, torture I know, its less than 2 weeks for us but feels like 2 months or more

Thanks guys; really helpful . Is that the receipt that was given in return for payment for sending the documents back to her along with her passport? We submitted on 14th may. It sure does seem a long time.

Sconnie
3rd June 2008, 12:21
yes,it is in the receipt.we submitted our application on may 22nd.missing my husband so much.

Piamed
3rd June 2008, 13:17
yes,it is in the receipt.we submitted our application on may 22nd.missing my husband so much.

Pia and I know exactly how you feel Sconnie. I have just finished chatting with her and OMG, it's so hard! I was up most of last night thinking of her and our future together.

I pray for patience for you Sconnie, shamrockdave2003, islander, marylen, sweet_cookie08, SephEan (even though its not long now), Juliet , Pia & I and all others waiting or currently apart from each other. God bless you all!

Sconnie
3rd June 2008, 13:20
Thanks Pia, We wish you both good luck too, may God bless us all.

John (sconnie) and Vanessa

demlyn888
11th August 2008, 11:48
hello everyone,:)

Just wanted to ask if any of you guys experiencing problems tracking the status of their visa application on vfs website. It keeps saying invalid search even if i put the right refrence? It is just today anyway that i am having difficulty with it no trouble in the past. Its our 6weeks of waiting today. Goodluck to all of us still waiting for the result...

Sconnie
11th August 2008, 12:38
I have experienced this in the past on one or two occasions, I think it is when they are experiencing server or network problems/updates, it will right itself in a while.

Good luck with your application.

menchkin
11th August 2008, 15:04
So far I haven't encountered any problem every time I track my visa application status in the vfs website.