PDA

View Full Version : worried about sending documents

PAT
27th May 2008, 14:01
:Help1:

I would be very grateful if someone could give me advice on this matter,,I have been in the search function and unable to get answers there
I am about to start getting documents together to sponser visitors visa but I am worried they might end up in the wrong hands when I post them,,in particular my business account details , I am aware that certified documents will do ,but when i called my bank manager, he advise against sending
Can I send all the documents direct to the embassy ?? , I would feel better knowing they not travel so far from airport, is it possible to have insurance ??

Mant thanks
PAT

Piamed
27th May 2008, 15:27
Hi Pat

I have sent mine a few times by courier and normal post with no problems. Courier about 5 days and normal post hmmn, couple of weeks plus sitting in local barangay office for a couple of days.

I would suggest using a courier and so long as you get the address details correct, there should be no problem at all. I used a courier on a couple of occasions and addressed the items to my wife's former Uni and the guards text her when it arrived.

Good luck!

skysky
27th May 2008, 16:27
Good excuse for a few days holiday, thats what i did... take em over yourself..... go to manila with her for her visa trip to makatai..... I recommend the hotel intercontental !

alicat
27th May 2008, 16:58
i think u can send all the documents direct
to the embassy if u want(thats what my husband did)
he sent it by courier(royal mail),and the embassy contact
me when it arrived.

Piamed
27th May 2008, 18:24
Good excuse for a few days holiday, thats what i did... take em over yourself..... go to manila with her for her visa trip to makatai..... I recommend the hotel intercontental !

Intercontinental is a thumbs up for me! Dusit and Shangri La as alternatives!

PAT
27th May 2008, 22:11
Thankyou
so what if your documents go missing ,does it happen ??and your bank accounts emptied,,has it happened before any one know??

vinmer
27th May 2008, 22:23
Hi, sorry to jump in on your query but could anyone advise the safest and most reliable company to use when sending a parcel to the Philippines. I have already sent a birthday card by Royal Mail and unfortunately it was not received.

kimmi
28th May 2008, 12:42
Hi, sorry to jump in on your query but could anyone advise the safest and most reliable company to use when sending a parcel to the Philippines. I have already sent a birthday card by Royal Mail and unfortunately it was not received.

Fedex,2GO Abboitiz,DHL name it and u'll have it..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Piamed
28th May 2008, 15:26
I have used Fedex, ParcelForce and Elite! All arrived ok. Funnily enough Elite was the fastest! Exactly 5 days!

vinmer
28th May 2008, 19:04
thanks for the advice, i will give them a try

mike1
28th May 2008, 21:25
I sent all docs with UPS ,cost about £50,very good service and was able to track package

chino
29th May 2008, 21:27
[QUOTE=mike1;68473]I sent all docs with UPS ,cost about £50,very good service and was able to track package[/QUOTE

I think DHL also has the same but could be cheaper... don't quote me on this