PDA

View Full Version : Pete's Site - Is this info correct (Filipina's Passport)?

aposhark
29th May 2008, 01:49
Hi, it says on Pete's site in Stage 2 - What is the Requirement for the Filipina Fiancée in Phils?
....Sponsors should advise the Filipina to ensure that she has the correct and legal type of ID ......Passports with laminated strips defaced,
In all cases, you must ensure, that prior to your arrival in Phils, your fiancée, has at least the following documents.
1) An original birth certificate issued by the NSO (National Statistics Office) on NSO Security paper, photocopies are worthless.
2) A Filipino passport, issued by the Department for Foreign Affairs.

Surely this requirement for my GF to have a passport is not correct ????
:Help1::Help1::Help1:

What ID or ID's will my GF need to get married?
Thanks

kimmi
29th May 2008, 12:34
Hello Aposhark, try to use the search function here..:)

aposhark
29th May 2008, 17:15
Hello Aposhark, try to use the search function here..:)

Hi kimmi :), it is just that marylen did not mention the need for her to have a Filipino passport when she got married...yet Pete's site says a Filipina needs one.
Who is correct?

gemini63
29th May 2008, 18:13
Hi kimmi :), it is just that marylen did not mention the need for her to have a Filipino passport when she got married...yet Pete's site says a Filipina needs one.
Who is correct?

if ur getting married in the phil. she doesnt needs one, but if ur going to apply for a fiancee visa of course she will...but its not a requirement for getting married.

aposhark
29th May 2008, 18:56
if ur getting married in the phil. she doesnt needs one, but if ur going to apply for a fiancee visa of course she will...but its not a requirement for getting married.

Hi gemini63 :)
Thanks a LOT for clearing that up for me, it has put my little mind to rest :D

marylen
30th May 2008, 05:29
yea when u plan to get married here in phils or getting a license done, the girl is no need to get a passport right then, once the girl plan to travel outside phils for whatever purposes thats the time you have to let her get one...passport is only need when you travel somewhere outside phils....but since you are planning to get married here in phils soon....let her get one then after marriage so she can used the married name instead of the single name when she was still single.

I got my passport here even before i got married but now since that i was already married its a bit complicated as i need to ammend or to renew my old passport using my married name.........

KeithD
30th May 2008, 09:14
You don't need a passport to get into Wales from England either.....glad to help :xxgrinning--00xx3: