PDA

View Full Version : Another filipina to be proud of..........

Mrs.JMajor
1st June 2008, 08:38
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=VgHNSIqNkzM

:bigcry: makes me in tears while shes talking on the first minute of the interview and didnt realize the lady judges also cried :bigcry:

so touching......................

joebloggs
1st June 2008, 09:44
my misses is not proud of her, she said she is more embarrassed by her, crying all the time :bigcry: and her voice is not that good :yikes:

i don't think you can compare her to Ramiele Malubay who came in the top 10 of american idol this year..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R7xZKzQ2BQ :xxgrinning--00xx3:

telford
1st June 2008, 10:41
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=VgHNSIqNkzM

:bigcry: makes me in tears while shes talking on the first minute of the interview and didnt realize the lady judges also cried :bigcry:

so touching......................

yeah i agree...

IainBusby
1st June 2008, 10:54
my misses is not proud of her, she said she is more embarrassed by her, crying all the time :bigcry: and her voice is not that good

I agree with Joe. If you want to try and make it big by going on a show like this, you should be prepared to be judged on your talent (if you've got any) alone, not by trying to create sympathy with sob stories about your children.

I don't think her voice, style or timing was that good either, just a shade above your average UK pub karaoke singer and in Phils where they take karaoke very seriously, I've heard much better on many an occasion.

Iain.

LEAHnew
1st June 2008, 11:10
:Erm::rolleyes::rolleyes:

My kukupops said she didnt make it on the semi finals(Madonna)...
He like the one who sang AVE MARIA a 12 year old girl :Erm: last night..
I can't see yet on youtube :doh

Is it finals? Who won in the end..Britain got talent?:rolleyes:

kimmi
1st June 2008, 11:21
:Erm::rolleyes::rolleyes:

My kukupops said she didnt make it on the semi finals(Madonna)...
He like the one who sang AVE MARIA a 12 year old girl :Erm: last night..
I can't see yet on youtube :doh

Is it finals? Who won in the end..Britain got talent?:rolleyes:

we like her also sis and the one who played the violoins the ESCALA group but said to say the one who won is I dont think it can be called as a talent..he is GEORGE SAMPSON he do break dancing..:Erm::Erm::NoNo::NoNo:

KeithD
1st June 2008, 11:22
Break dancing was in the 80's!!!!

Ann07
1st June 2008, 12:58
my misses is not proud of her, she said she is more embarrassed by her, crying all the time :bigcry: and her voice is not that good :yikes:

i don't think you can compare her to Ramiele Malubay who came in the top 10 of american idol this year..

i agree too..id been following the show.:NoNo:

LEAHnew
1st June 2008, 13:14
we like her also sis and the one who played the violoins the ESCALA group but said to say the one who won is I dont think it can be called as a talent..he is GEORGE SAMPSON he do break dancing..:Erm::Erm::NoNo::NoNo:

:yikes:Kukupops will be disappointed then:doh:furious3::D

Break Dancing:omg:Oh well mare..that's what you called BRITAIN'S TALENT:rolleyes::D:Cuckoo:

charlwill
1st June 2008, 13:24
I do agree with joe. Her talent is not extra ordinary compared to some filipina that made it very very good i.e Charice, Ramiele Malubay.

IainBusby
1st June 2008, 13:48
:yikes:Kukupops will be disappointed then:doh:furious3::D

Break Dancing:omg:Oh well mare..that's what you called BRITAIN'S TALENT:rolleyes::D:Cuckoo:

I agree, I was amazed when I heard it on the news this morning; if the best we can come up with is a 1980's timewarp act, break dancing then all I can say is, Britain's Got Talent, what talent? How can you compare something like that to Charlie Green for instance and also a few others I saw during the series who shone out among the rest of the dross on that show and actually had real talent
Iain.

joebloggs
1st June 2008, 14:37
I do agree with joe. Her talent is not extra ordinary compared to some filipina that made it very very good i.e Charice, Ramiele Malubay.

simon cowell, of course was a judge on american idol to, so he knows who was the best filipina :D

as for george not having a talent, i watched the tv program, where 'girls allowed' singer Cheryl Cole was a dancer and then a singer in 'Will I am' hit song 'heartbreaker' the training for the dancing pushed her til she nearly collapsed of exhaustion :yikes:

so it might not look like a 'talent' but it's not as easy as it looks :D, as Cheryl Cole knows..

cheryl cole danicing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XMKkIRcKsA&NR=1

final of brits got talent
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M1vAC0VBsA

Mrs.JMajor
1st June 2008, 14:57
I agree with Joe. If you want to try and make it big by going on a show like this, you should be prepared to be judged on your talent (if you've got any) alone, not by trying to create sympathy with sob stories about your children.Iain.

well i guess shes not creating sympathy,shes just so sad missing kids, :rolleyes:

Mrs.JMajor
1st June 2008, 14:59
And hehehe though we all have different opinion at all....and cant please everybody even the third judge sounds not so pleased he just shy to say no as people booooooooooo to him when he make joke of saying..."no........."

kimmi
1st June 2008, 18:07
And hehehe though we all have different opinion at all....and cant please everybody even the third judge sounds not so pleased he just shy to say no as people booooooooooo to him when he make joke of saying..."no........."

who's the third judge u're referring Ate Juliet??:Erm::Erm::Rasp:

Peanutz
1st June 2008, 18:12
I think she is just on the wrong competition.
That competition is for 'British got talents', the name tells everything.
You don't tell people that you want to win the competition because you can finally bring your children to live with you and your dreams will come true...It doesn't sounds right...So that means you only want the money prize?

mhynne
1st June 2008, 18:16
ive been following madonna's story also and same with joeblogg's wife, didnt like how she presented herself.. i also didnt like the fact that she said whilst crying that people in britain dont know how it is like to live in the philippines.. for me it kinda misrepresented our country.. i honestly dont think philippines is starving to death compared to many african countries.. as how she kinda pictured it to be..

has anyone heard of charice pempengco singing here in a tv show in the UK
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CVloLBxcMQ&feature=related

now, i think thats a girl with a voice..

charlwill
1st June 2008, 18:42

now, i think thats a girl with a voice..[/quote]

I should say.... this girl got the talent. Charice rocks.

allington
1st June 2008, 19:57
Charlie Green and a few others were good but as for the winner, well...

marylen
1st June 2008, 20:01
i dont like her as well..........trying to win over the sympathy....always tells her problems which in fact she is better off than someone that badly more in need ...

Gavanddal
1st June 2008, 20:10
Didn't Simon say something about "this is not Britains biggest sob story contest". I thought Madonnas crying etc was a bit OTT and didn't portray the Phils in the best light.
In the end there were 2 better singers and I don't think they wanted another singer to win. As for the kid spinning on his head, well- the dog should definately have won it or the fit fiddlers!

pennybarry
1st June 2008, 20:15

now, i think thats a girl with a voice..

I should say.... this girl got the talent. Charice rocks.[/QUOTE]

Yes I saw her performance since childhood. She lives in Cabuyao, walking distance to my Mom's house. I have seen her performance when she was 7 years old. She was just started her singing, joining towns competitions until she joined in different TV singing competitions and people began to love her voice:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:
:D.
I believe Charlie Green has potentials, even Madonna, but she spoke too much that resulted being OA. She is quite lucky than other single mother in the Philippines and in other filipinas working overseas

SoniaCopeland
1st June 2008, 20:39
just watched her on you tube she deffinitely deserved to go far her voice is incredible. :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_win::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: hopefully we will hear more from her in the future

Peanutz
1st June 2008, 22:31
She is absolutely fantastic! What a talented little girl! Applause! Brava!

Mrs.JMajor
2nd June 2008, 00:06

Are they judges ? the three English guys in front of Decena...the lady on the middle,who cried....and the man on the left side who asked her what is her name...who are them then......?:Erm::Cuckoo:

tomm
2nd June 2008, 00:15

That will be Simon Cowell

joebloggs
2nd June 2008, 00:19
:icon_lol:

you make me laugh jedc143, your posts are nearly always :Rasp: and :icon_lol:

keep posting :xxgrinning--00xx3:

the guy on the left is peirs morgan
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piers_Morgan

what a guy :xxgrinning--00xx3:

winner of usa celeb apprentice :xxgrinning--00xx3: :Britain:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Apprentice_%28U.S._Season_7%29

smart guy, get rid of brown and morgan for PM :xxgrinning--00xx3:

mickandsherryl
2nd June 2008, 00:22
We liked what simon said:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mrs.JMajor
2nd June 2008, 00:24
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: joe ,now who can say to me the name of the lady judge...opppssss...so now u know kimmi that they are judges...:Rasp::Rasp:

tomm
2nd June 2008, 00:25

To be fair to the girl, to make it that far is a remarkable achievement. Judging by the standing ovation, she certainly pleased a lot of people. It should be remembered, the purpose of this show is not to find 'Britain's best talent' but to pull viewers and make money. She was probably told to pull on some heart strings by the producers :rolleyes:

tomm
2nd June 2008, 00:27
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: joe ,now who can say to me the name of the lady judge...opppssss...so now u know kimmi that they are judges...:Rasp::Rasp:

That will be Amanda Holden :)

joebloggs
2nd June 2008, 00:39
To be fair to the girl, to make it that far is a remarkable achievement. Judging by the standing ovation, she certainly pleased a lot of people. It should be remembered, the purpose of this show is not to find 'Britain's best talent' but to pull viewers and make money. She was probably told to pull on some heart strings by the producers :rolleyes:

so true, like the ads using sick kids and animals, get you to part with your money..

oh yes the lady has got guts to go and sing in front of such a big crowd and be filmed for tv.

as for the producers, i wonder if it was the same ones who were producers on 'soap stars super stars' where the producers ignored the telephone votes of the public and decided to keep the star who they thought would make a better tv show :NoNo: :furious3:

and amanda holden :NoNo:, poor les dennis :D, they married when she was 24 and he was 40. They separated following her affair with actor Neil Morrissey :yikes:

Gavanddal
2nd June 2008, 07:14
and amanda holden :NoNo:, poor les dennis :D, they married when she was 24 and he was 40. They separated following her affair with actor Neil Morrissey :yikes:

...and what's wrong with a big age difference??? How many of us have much younger wives. Obviously we hope they don't run off with younger blokes. :icon_lol:

joebloggs
2nd June 2008, 08:29
...and what's wrong with a big age difference??? How many of us have much younger wives. Obviously we hope they don't run off with younger blokes. :icon_lol:

not a quote from me, no problem with me, just a cut and paste from Wikipedia :D

my misses is near 6yrs younger, already shes moaning about being old aged :doh

alicat
2nd June 2008, 08:42
ive been following madonna's story also and same with joeblogg's wife, didnt like how she presented herself.. i also didnt like the fact that she said whilst crying that people in britain dont know how it is like to live in the philippines.. for me it kinda misrepresented our country.. i honestly dont think philippines is starving to death compared to many african countries.. as how she kinda pictured it to be..

i agree...

kimmi
2nd June 2008, 13:21

i know they are judges but i dont know who u are referring as the third judge since they are only three??:doh:Rasp::Rasp:

but anyway Joe explains it clearly already..:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mrs.JMajor
2nd June 2008, 14:21
i know they are judges but i dont know who u are referring as the third judge since they are only three??:doh:Rasp::Rasp:

but anyway Joe explains it clearly already..:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

yah ,you are the only one who cant understand me as always :NoNo: wonder why the other can obviously understand

kimmi
2nd June 2008, 14:22
yah ,you are the only one who cant understand me as always :NoNo: wonder why the other can obviously understand

:Erm::Erm::Rasp::Rasp::doh

Mrs.JMajor
2nd June 2008, 14:23
:Erm::Erm::Rasp::Rasp::doh

:Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::Rasp:

kimmi
2nd June 2008, 14:25
:Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::Rasp:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::Hellooo::Hellooo:

Mrs.JMajor
2nd June 2008, 14:30
Don't want to waste my post only icon :Rasp: as u always do :Erm:better if u make it sensible....

kimmi
2nd June 2008, 14:31
Don't want to waste my post only icon :Rasp: as u always do :Erm:better if u make it sensible....

:omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::Erm::Erm::Erm: so u mean u are always reading my posts???:omg::omg::doh:NoNo:

Mrs.JMajor
2nd June 2008, 14:37
lol of course how can i escape not to read your post....its always icon nga eh !! tatawa nga sila sa iyo...hahaha cute one of a kind hahaha

kimmi
2nd June 2008, 14:42
lol of course how can i escape not to read your post....its always icon nga eh !! tatawa nga sila sa iyo...hahaha cute one of a kind hahaha

oh really thanks ha...I do believe kasi that less talk less mistake and everytime I posted here it always has a piece of my mind and a piece of my heart and i think thats why there's an icon here for the members to use it..:doh:doh oh btw, would u mind if u pls stop talking in riddles??

Mrs.JMajor
2nd June 2008, 14:58
cute,u wanted to make this thread long hehehe you are so cuteeeee :D:Cuckoo:

angel1231
3rd June 2008, 12:17
:doh what she did in stage trying to tell her story ..it makes me puke ...and put my counrty into shame ..she jgot a average voice which u can find it in the philippines ..i dont think she got that amazing voice.:Hellooo: but hey gudluck to her every one try to to do something for the best ....

gemini63
3rd June 2008, 15:32
all i can say...theres really a very big difference wn it comes to criteria in judging hr in uk and in Phil. wn it comes to this kind of competition,thats why each of us hv dif. judgement or comments...contestants are all good coz they do their best as wt they think wts the best to show for the competition based on how they interpret it...

aromulus
3rd June 2008, 15:35
I am pleased that none of my TV licence money goes to subsidize this pile of rubbish.
The BBC is no better and hate to have to pay for something which is not worth.

But there you go......:NoNo:

gemini63
3rd June 2008, 15:41
and if im one of the judges,,,and kimmi and juliet are one of those contestants...il give them same score...so its tie.lol..good luck to this forum...i hv a good time reading.

alicat
3rd June 2008, 16:15
and if im one of the judges,,,and kimmi and juliet are one of those contestants...il give them same score...so its tie.lol..good luck to this forum...i hv a good time reading.

thats sweet...:)but the thing is,u can only choose one.:NoNo::NoNo:
you need to save one:D:Dwho's gonna be?:Erm::Erm::Erm:

joebloggs
3rd June 2008, 16:50
I am pleased that none of my TV licence money goes to subsidize this pile of rubbish.
The BBC is no better and hate to have to pay for something which is not worth.

But there you go......:NoNo:

maybe rubbish to you, but one man's rubbish is another man's treasure :xxgrinning--00xx3:

what do you watch then dom :Erm:

aromulus
3rd June 2008, 18:12
maybe rubbish to you, but one man's rubbish is another man's treasure :xxgrinning--00xx3:

what do you watch then dom :Erm:

Yes you do have a point, I must admit... :omg:

I ceased watching TV months ago, as there was nothing really interesting on view to keep me entertained.
I am not being difficult, it is only that I would rather watch a movie that hasn't been shown before on one channel or the other....:NoNo:
Soaps have no attraction for me, chat shows only make celebrities out of nobodies that want to plug their autobiographies at the age of 21 and a 1/4....
Decent programming is gone, I used to watch the Sopranos, but it ended.
So now it is early nights.... Mind you Jet doesn't take too kindly having to remind me to get to bed........:D

joebloggs
3rd June 2008, 18:44
all tv is good, if it means i don't have to talk to the misses :D

we don't watch soaps, why waste your life watching people pretending its real life and getting paid lots of money for it :NoNo:

films, yes, don't like watching ones that have been on b4..

mostly we watch stuff i download, legally of course :rolleyes:

early bed, with 2 kids and studying , not waste me life sleeping.. can do that when i'm brown bread :doh

gemini63
3rd June 2008, 18:54
thats sweet...:)but the thing is,u can only choose one.:NoNo::NoNo:
you need to save one:D:Dwho's gonna be?:Erm::Erm::Erm:

he..he...???careful....

Mrs.JMajor
4th June 2008, 00:51

:xxgrinning--00xx3: u are so sweet really...:cwm38::):Hellooo::BouncyHappy:

David House
4th June 2008, 19:50
I was very worried about Madonna because from all I could see she is probably here illegally! She says she arrived on a student visa to "study music". That is OK but they only last 6 months, you have to pay all your own fees and support yourself. whilst you can do a limited amount of work you are very specifically barred from working as an "entertainer". Unless there is something I have missed she may well be doing the UK Filipino community a bad disservice. As we all know her story is far from unusual and although her voice is OK it really is nothing special, not by the high standards found all over the Philippines. My Filipina wife, Connie, is also a successful singer and a very popular member of a band called "Groove Unltd". For anyone who would like to hear her go to their website grooveunltd.co.uk. They put on a really fun show and I recommend them to anyone needing a function band.

aposhark
4th June 2008, 20:08
Is self-promotion allowed here? :doh

joebloggs
4th June 2008, 20:11
she is suppose to have a workpermit

from http://www.gmanews.tv/story/80421/Madonna-Decena-Showcasing-Pinoy-talent-in-Britains-talent-search

..She was discovered last year while singing in a music lounge in Liverpool by a British couple, Steve and Judi Jones, who runs a small talent management company, Steve Jones Entertainment, and later gave her a working permit and started singing in various places in the UK.

aposhark
4th June 2008, 21:42
:doh what she did in stage trying to tell her story ..it makes me puke ...and put my counrty into shame ..she jgot a average voice which u can find it in the philippines ..i dont think she got that amazing voice.:Hellooo: but hey gudluck to her every one try to to do something for the best ....

Well I for one downloaded and enjoyed the cip of "Donna" a lot :yikes:
I thought she has a phenomenal voice and she had the whole crowd on her side. OK, she cracked and became emotional, but who wouldn't in her position being thousands of miles away from her two kids.
It was emotional to watch and she really did belt out that hard song to sing live.
Good on her :):)
I did not see any other of the acts so can't comment....

Pepe n Pilar
4th June 2008, 22:25
Madonna Decena's voice is average for me though i consider her also a good singer. I've heard a lot of filipino singers and they really have a fantastic voice. She forgot that she's not in the Phils she should not be telling sobbing stories just to win the judges/audience sympathy. It may be a cultural thing. Filipinos are well known as family oriented and they always do everythng for their families hence they always mention their love ones. Just my opinion......

andypaul
4th June 2008, 23:14
Personally i thought the runners up are the best but then i see one of them on the train up to london now and then.

One thing about the matie who won with his dancing which was good but im no expert on dancing so don't shoot me. Was he was a good example to children, last year he failed not quite good enough so he kept on and came back and impressed the judges, he busked and did his dancing to pay for his training.

While many people moan about the young today blah blah he got off his backside and did something which deserves a pat on the back.

The Phill lady singer was only there for the sob story sorry folks she wasn't that good and had little stage presence.

The charlie green was very good and i only saw his semi final performance with the poorer song and he had charisma and talent. but if he is like the other lad he will be back next year and far better.

Having overheard convos of the Adminy people from the production staff chatting with the contestants on the phone they control a lot more than they let on. Why did they stop most from doing a new set oh because the winner had a problem with his new arrangement if the whisper i heard is right. So most did a replay of something the audience had already seen.

they just wanna your telly on the channel for the ads and for you to phone in your votes.

SephEan
5th June 2008, 02:07
wow!! i cried!!:bigcry: very touching..

tomm
5th June 2008, 03:52

I agree with Aposhark... she got my vote too :xxgrinning--00xx3:

This is British TV at it's best (or worst depending how you look at). The whole thing was staged for a sympathy vote... right from the opening introduction. :rolleyes: Some very slick editing... every camera shot showed someone moved emotionally. Even the song was chosen for it's emotional impact with the big punch in the middle to stir the audience. You can picture the sound engineer pushing all the levers forward when she went up a gear.

Don't blame the girl... blame the producers :NoNo:

bornatbirth
5th June 2008, 09:35
why is everybody slating her?

she just misses her kids and family,i say good luck to her!

ok so she cant sing but many of the finalist were'nt very good.

it just shows you how thick the voters are,look who got into the last 3.

btw the belly dancer got my vote!

Mrs.JMajor
5th June 2008, 17:44

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mrs.JMajor
5th June 2008, 17:45
I agree with Aposhark... she got my vote too :xxgrinning--00xx3:

This is British TV at it's best (or worst depending how you look at). The whole thing was staged for a sympathy vote... right from the opening introduction. :rolleyes: Some very slick editing... every camera shot showed someone moved emotionally. Even the song was chosen for it's emotional impact with the big punch in the middle to stir the audience. You can picture the sound engineer pushing all the levers forward when she went up a gear.

Don't blame the girl... blame the producers :NoNo:

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

andypaul
5th June 2008, 18:04

btw the belly dancer got my vote!

i saw a clip of her i think she has two votes now:D

patti1227
7th June 2008, 10:10
Thank you so much for the informations about GBT. I've been browsing youtube but can't seem to find a good video. Now, I have a clearer picture of the contest and so with Madonna Decena and Charlie Green. Thank you guys and gals! :)

Mrs.JMajor
7th June 2008, 15:29
awww been busy for the past few days...thread still alive :icon_lol::Hellooo::Hellooo:

LEAHnew
8th June 2008, 13:33
awww been busy for the past few days...thread still alive :icon_lol::Hellooo::Hellooo:

Becoz we do love talent search and chikachika:yikes::D:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Mrs.JMajor
12th June 2008, 23:55
:Erm: funny,she keep giving me red points 2 red points from her already :Rasp:hahaha :Hellooo: hoping shes not pregnant as she is very angry to me :NoNo: keep giving me red points...heck :Cuckoo: not gonna lessen my money anyway :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::Rasp:

KeithD
13th June 2008, 09:05
:Erm: funny,she keep giving me red points 2 red points from her already :Rasp:hahaha :Hellooo: hoping shes not pregnant as she is very angry to me :NoNo: keep giving me red points...heck :Cuckoo: not gonna lessen my money anyway :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::Rasp:
Actually....The person giving you neg Rep is not who you think it is, so you are making a bit of a fool of yourself.