PDA

View Full Version : skype

angel1231
4th June 2008, 12:27
can u use skpe in the philippines using cellfone?

kimmi
4th June 2008, 12:35
hi sis I am using skype to communicate in the Phils. with my family, and we're both using phones which we got from skype..

maybe this thread could help..:)

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=5482&highlight=skype

Sangoma
4th June 2008, 12:55
can u use skpe in the philippines using cellfone?

If you mean to walk round in the Philippines with your cell and connect to skype, no. (well not cheaply)

If you mean to dial from the UK to a cell in the Philippines, yes.

In the UK yu can use your cell to connect to skype, then connect to anywhere through skype, which only costs me the skype charges.

angel1231
4th June 2008, 16:29
:) hi kimmi tnx for the reply ..coz in 3 network they do sell the skype fone.that mean if u buy it and send one to the philipppines that means it free to call then...i have'nt got a time to go and ask in the shop as i live out of the city ...

andypaul
4th June 2008, 22:51
:) hi kimmi tnx for the reply ..coz in 3 network they do sell the skype fone.that mean if u buy it and send one to the philipppines that means it free to call then...i have'nt got a time to go and ask in the shop as i live out of the city ...

nope it would not work is the quick answer.

The three phone rings up a computer at threes headquarters as a normal voice call and does magic stuff to make it in to a skype call and will only work in a country where three have a network and have started the skype service.

They haven't in phill yet.

In theory you could use a smartphone with software to chat on skype using a data tariff but with out looking at what globe, smart and the others provide at the moment i couldn't tell you if it was feasible with the existing technolgy used and the cost.

KeithD
5th June 2008, 09:42
If you get a Microsoft Mobile PDA with WIFI, you can load Skype on it, and then 'piggy back' someone else's wireless connection to use it. Using it through mobile data will not save money.

angel1231
5th June 2008, 12:43
:BouncyHappy: thnx guys ....

andypaul
5th June 2008, 17:58
If you get a Microsoft Mobile PDA with WIFI, you can load Skype on it, and then 'piggy back' someone else's wireless connection to use it. Using it through mobile data will not save money.

Not many about in phill though.

I had to keep going to a burger king to get free access in the next town.

But as no one else used it my truphone worked very nicely indeedy.

joebloggs
5th June 2008, 18:01
good to seeya back andy :xxgrinning--00xx3:

thought you had gone awol :yikes: or worse stuck on the tube :cwm24:

not much to report, only that aposhark use to live about 30 houses away from me, don't worry house is up for sale now, have to find somewhere else to live :D

andypaul
5th June 2008, 18:07
Thanking you kindly Sir

Been trying to buy a house off of aposhark:omg: