PDA

View Full Version : Bringing over kids on a visa

lizaphil
7th June 2008, 21:00
Dont know the full story, but its a bad one concerning a filipina care worker looking after a cancer patient who was that ill (he didnt even recognize his own family) and she managed somehow to get him to change his will, (yes a solicitor changed it) and he left everything to the filipina.
The family, (my next door neighbour) is contesting the will but so far its cost her 16k and escalating.
meanwhile the filipina, is there in the house, with over 30k in the bank.
Now heres where i could do with some help.
I know this filipina is here on a licence visa (I dont know what that is, but its secured her to be here until end 2008)
In 2007 this filipina went back to phls and brought over her kids....HOW DID SHE DO THIS??
I thought to do this you had to be here on a spouse visa??

Any help would be appreciated.

joebloggs
7th June 2008, 21:41
I know this filipina is here on a licence visa (I dont know what that is, but its secured her to be here until end 2008)
In 2007 this filipina went back to phls and brought over her kids....HOW DID SHE DO THIS??
I thought to do this you had to be here on a spouse visa??

Any help would be appreciated.

i don't know what you mean by 'licence visa' but she must be here on either on a spouse/fiancee or a workpermit or hsmp ( which i doubt) or maybe student visa ..

chances are she is on a workpermit, and yes she can bring her kids here as dependents of her..

was there a previous will ? i suppose his docotor and other medical staff would know his state of mind before, and after he made the will.