PDA

View Full Version : Latest inflation news from Negros

Alan
10th June 2008, 11:41
Today I paid P56 per litre of unleaded - when I arrived in January it was P40.

This evening Hanna paid P47 for a kilo of rice, the same rice was P23 in January.

Pardon my French but what the ...... is Gloria doing to stop her people from starving - and walking???

Al Clegg - Filipinouk news - very angry:cwm23: - Negros Oriental.

walesrob
10th June 2008, 11:57
Today I paid P56 per litre of unleaded.

Al, thats nothing compared to here - yesterday Unleaded in Aberystwyth was up to £1.22 a litre. Diesel is £1.35.

telford
10th June 2008, 12:05

This evening Hanna paid P47 for a kilo of rice, the same rice was P23 in January.

Pardon my French but what the ...... is Gloria doing to stop her people from starving - and walking???

Prof Al, the gov't sell NFA rice for P18.25 per kilo :Cuckoo:

Alan
10th June 2008, 12:30
Prof Al, the gov't sell NFA rice for P18.25 per kilo :Cuckoo:

I appreciate that Telford. However, even in the tiny city where I live, the queues for NFA rice are often 100 metres long.

Reminds me of when I was in Poland in the 1980s.

Al.

telford
10th June 2008, 12:39
I appreciate that Telford. However, even in the tiny city where I live, the queues for NFA rice are often 100 metres long.

Al.

you are right Prof Al... and every family can only buy 2 kilos a day... and in the brgy.capt you can buy 3kilos a week for every family:NoNo:

andypaul
10th June 2008, 13:50

Ouch and things are only going to get worse.

Even the gulf states are suffering from massive inflation and in crisis thats why im told they are in no hurry to reduce prices on oill.

I dont think Gloria can do much its a global issue even China and Indias goverments are looking at removing the subsidies that keep fuel prices low as both suffer from the same inflation issues.

I hope for everyone the problem gets sorted but it will need countries and trade blocs to work at the highest level to deal with the issues.

nethlewy
10th June 2008, 15:31

Al.

For a moment there Al I thought you were going to say.....

Reminds me of when I was in Poland during the war :xxgrinning--00xx3:

allington
10th June 2008, 19:56
Al, thats nothing compared to here - yesterday Unleaded in Aberystwyth was up to £1.22 a litre. Diesel is £1.35.

Unleaded is usually cheaper in Aberystwyth than it is here in Aberaeon but today in Aberaeron its £1.18 a litre

Peanutz
10th June 2008, 20:04
When there is high demand, prices soars up. China's economy and other issues are the main culprits...What can we do?
Start cycling to go to work:D

aromulus
10th June 2008, 21:40
When there is high demand, prices soars up. China's economy and other issues are the main culprits...What can we do?
Start cycling to go to work:D

On yer bike.........:D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

walesrob
10th June 2008, 21:40
Unleaded is usually cheaper in Aberystwyth than it is here in Aberaeon but today in Aberaeron its £1.18 a litre

You live in Aberaeron then?:Erm:

A_flyer
11th June 2008, 06:49
Pardon my French ...
I never speak French like this... may be it's Welsh :Rasp:

GMA have the same problem as our Governments, she can't do a lot of thing against the price increase as it's a world market, especially for the barrel price. Even in the US, fuel is expensive it's now over 4$/gal. in France it's around 1.5€/l. it's also expensive.

For the rice, the Philippines have to improve their farms to increase the rice production efficiency from 3T/ha to 12T/ha. But it take time, I don't see any improvement within 1 year. As a lot of country, the agricultural market was not considered as important as it should.

There is an interesting article on the current problems in the Philippines here:
http://www.manilatimes.net/national/2008/june/09/yehey/top_stories/20080609top1.html

Alan
11th June 2008, 07:09
I never speak French like this... may be it's Welsh :Rasp:

Je vous demande pardon Yves. C'est juste une expression que nous employons ici en Angleterre.

Al.:)

Alan
11th June 2008, 07:10
For a moment there Al I thought you were going to say.....

Reminds me of when I was in Poland during the war :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Now, now!!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

jencha8569
11th June 2008, 10:50
you right prof Al big difference over the last 4 months
prices of rice is really high to think this is phils.
sad though that this time of crisis some take advantage
like they know demand is high but supply is scarce
they (some) hide their stocks for future interest.
oild price increasing then oil companys projecting
it will go high as P65.
pretty wise they are now oil companys here not
competing but helping each other to have high price.
well how can we complain this is phils.

Alan
11th June 2008, 11:25
you right prof Al big difference over the last 4 months
prices of rice is really high to think this is phils.
sad though that this time of crisis some take advantage
like they know demand is high but supply is scarce
they (some) hide their stocks for future interest.
oild price increasing then oil companys projecting
it will go high as P65.
pretty wise they are now oil companys here not
competing but helping each other to have high price.
well how can we complain this is phils.

Of course, we can't complain. In the West we are governed by so-called 'Democracies.' At least over here everyone knows there is no true democracy with corrupt Governments. Maybe after all, the Government of the Philippines is more honest than our dear PM - thoughts on that people?

aromulus
11th June 2008, 11:36
Of course, we can't complain. In the West we are governed by so-called 'Democracies.' At least over here everyone knows there is no true democracy with corrupt Governments. Maybe after all, the Government of the Philippines is more honest than our dear PM - thoughts on that people?

Exactly....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Like when Berlusconi was re-elected in Italy a few months ago....

We all knew he is a "bit" of a crook for lack of better words....:D
Knowing that in advance is a great asset...:omg:
The devil you know.....:rolleyes:

The irony is that it is starting to work..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Naples uncollected garbage, or some of it, is being exported to German landfills where it rightfully belongs....:icon_lol:

Alan
11th June 2008, 11:42
Exactly....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Like when Berlusconi was re-elected in Italy a few months ago....

We all knew he is a "bit" of a crook for lack of better words....:D
Knowing that in advance is a great asset...:omg:
The devil you know.....:rolleyes:

The irony is that it is starting to work..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Naples uncollected garbage, or some of it, is being exported to German landfills where it rightfully belongs....:icon_lol:

That's a good idea Dom! :)

Let's all send our garbage to Germany. That'll teach 'em not to bomb my grandad's house.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I half expect to get into serious trouble for this post.:ARsurrender:

vbkelly
11th June 2008, 11:53
ponic buying of rice everywhere in the philippines that is gloria's fault bcoz she wanted to use the money in 2010 election i don't know theres a lots of rice but they hide it

jencha8569
11th June 2008, 13:47
around the world oil and food
crisis is happening.
inflation, recession, etc..
what we can do is NOTHING but
to wait.sad but true:bigcry:

ginapeterb
11th June 2008, 17:19
Alan,

Thanks for the information about the current prices in Negros, (and everywhere else for that matter)

I suppose I will be in for a shock when I arrive on the Island around July 23rd, diesel up to 56+ Rice 47+, when I was there last year, it cost me about P1900.00 to fill up my Kia Sportage, I guess its going to be around P2300 or thereabouts, Rice is not an issue for me, My Gina just purchased a 25 KG sack of rice from one of the Pinay householders who sells it in Ipswich, (via our good friends DarrenB, he will hate me for this hahahahaha.)

Well well the 25KG of rice is enough to last 6 months my dearest and nearest has told me, I thought there was enough rice to supply the purok here in our Barangay.

Total cost £23.00 which is 92p per kilo, which is around P80.00 per kilo, I suppose we should be happy about that, at 47 a kilo, though its too much for the Filipino's to pay, but pay it they must, and my Gina said, who would want NFA Rice, in any event.

Costs are going up, and I think there is little PGMA can do about it, as seen by fuel here today, I filled up at 118 per litre of unleaded, it cost me £68.50 to fill up my car this morning, when a few months ago, it was £52.00.

Cheap oil has gone forever I think, as also cheap flights are also gone, and its a reality we will all have to face up to.

Thanks again Alan for the information.

walesrob
11th June 2008, 17:36
ponic buying of rice everywhere in the philippines that is gloria's fault bcoz she wanted to use the money in 2010 election i don't know theres a lots of rice but they hide it

So where is the hidden rice :Erm:

allington
11th June 2008, 18:15
You live in Aberaeron then?:Erm:

Yes I live in Aberaeron, well about ten minutes from Aberaeron to be more exact

flomike
11th June 2008, 22:33
here in Yorkshire the petrol station near us: unleaded £117.90 diesel £130.90
:NoNo: even me going to work a 4mile journey to bus cost me £1.80/single from £1.20 from the last 2 years:NoNo:

LEAHnew
12th June 2008, 11:54
Fare increases a lot

Tricycle w/in town proper Before 8.00 pesos Now 10.00pesos
Jeepney from my town to cabanatuan Before 42.00 Now 50.00
Bus from cabanatuan to Cubao (Manila) Before 152.00 Now 185.00

:doh:doh:Brick::Brick:

we are now using this to save a lot:D
Anyone would like to order:rolleyes::D:Rasp::Rasp::xxgrinning--00xx3:
http://filipinaroses.com/copper/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=-4&pos=0