PDA

View Full Version : Another newbie, David in London

xebec
12th June 2008, 17:09
Hello to everyone

This is a great forum and has been a constant source of assistance and reassurance over the last few months.

I am David, 48, single and from London. I first chatted to my fiance, Daisy, who is 38, about 4 years ago online and we were in contact regularly. About a year ago we decided to take our friendship one step further and I planned a first visit in September 2007. We spent 2 weeks together in Manila, Puerto Galera and Baguio. It was great. We fell in love..............
I didnt buy her an engagement ring but what we described as a commitment ring (Its actually an eternity ring) and decided that we wanted to live our lives together, probably in the UK. The next 6 months were spent trying to work out the best way to achieve this ambition.
I returned 6 months to the day (her 38th birthday) and we spent 3 weeks in Manila, Boracay and with her parents in Zambales and also spent time with the fiance visa application which she submitted on 14th April. The visa application is ready for collection from VFS in Manila tomorrow - see my other post - and I hope it will be good news.
We have a provisional wedding day for 17th January 2009 in Devon and hopefully the rest of our lives together.

David

LadyJ
12th June 2008, 19:10
A warm welcome in the forum David.

Thanks for sharing us about you & your partner.

My mum's side are also from Zambales, so it's nice to hear your partner's side are from there too.

Hope you enjoyed in Zambales, I love and I missed that place!

kimmi
12th June 2008, 19:13
Welcome to the forum David..Let's hope and pray that its really good news tommorow..:)

KeithD
12th June 2008, 19:14
:Hellooo:

keithAngel
12th June 2008, 19:16
Welcome David im in Devon as well and off to the Phils in September were do you hang out?

xebec
12th June 2008, 19:24
I have the provisonal wedding booking in Exmouth which is where I lived from age of 9 to 18 and where my parents still live. I actually live in North London.

keithAngel
12th June 2008, 19:29
I have the provisonal wedding booking in Exmouth which is where I lived from age of 9 to 18 and where my parents still live. I actually live in North London.

Hope the tide is out:omg:

Powderham?

xebec
12th June 2008, 19:47
Its the town hall/council chamber. They have marriage ceremonies on one Saturday a month. Usually the 3rd Saturday. Bizarrely you can get married every day (except Sunday) in Honiton which is a much smaller town.

The plan is for a very small ceremony/celebration. Not sure whether any of Daisy's friends/family will be able to attend ecause of the travel involved/visa requirements.

I understand the wedding licence for Powderham Castle is being withdrawn because of the owner's refusal to allow gay ceremonies there.

Peanutz
12th June 2008, 19:57
Welcome David! :D

Pepe n Pilar
12th June 2008, 21:00
Welcome to the forum David:Hellooo:

joebloggs
12th June 2008, 21:05
:Hellooo:

won on the horses today scouser keith ? you seem to be in a pleasant mood, saying hi :D

oh on the football, did you win on Croatia beating favourites Germany 2-1 :xxgrinning--00xx3:

jackmac452
12th June 2008, 21:17
Hya David...Good luck and God bless....I wish you all the best Happiness.

LadyJ
12th June 2008, 21:20
won on the horses today scouser keith ? you seem to be in a pleasant mood, saying hi :D

come on joe, don't embarass keith:icon_lol:

joebloggs
12th June 2008, 21:27
don't embarass keith:icon_lol:

:icon_lol:, i don't think it is possible to do that :NoNo:

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40867000/jpg/_40867275_liverpoolfans203.jpg

just look how scousers dress, cannot embarrass them :NoNo:

LEAHnew
13th June 2008, 11:13
Welcome to the forum David:Hellooo: and goodluck to your fiancee visa application:xxgrinning--00xx3:

flomike
14th June 2008, 20:06
welcome and congratulations to both of you

Mrs Daddy
14th June 2008, 20:27
welcome aboard david and Goodluck