PDA

View Full Version : hey everyone =)

angelatrekker
13th June 2008, 02:30
MABUHAY!!!

I'm Angela from the USA,

I'm going to travel around London next year to look for a good university.
Do you guys have any suggestion?

angelatrekker
13th June 2008, 02:37
by the way, i'm a newbie =)

patti1227
13th June 2008, 08:00
Mabuhay and welcome to the forum :)

keithAngel
13th June 2008, 08:38
Hi fellow angel kinda depends what you want to study

Piamed
13th June 2008, 09:56
welcome angelatrekker! I presume you will set up appointment before you come. Really need to know what you want to study and at wwat level!

Pepe n Pilar
13th June 2008, 14:21
Welcome to the forum Angelatrekker. Are you coming to England to be a full time student or just want to enroll on minor subjects to be able to work?

Mrs Daddy
13th June 2008, 14:36
Hi angelatreker,my friend from PI will come over to London as well to study nursing in St.patrick`s School in london.Good luck to you:)

aug06_2006
13th June 2008, 14:39
Hi Angela, welcome to the forum.

kimmi
13th June 2008, 19:20
welcome to the forum Angela..:)

andypaul
13th June 2008, 19:28
Welcome

you still need to give us an idea of what you plan to study.

London is very expensive and from some of the best unis in the world to dodgy fly by night colleges london has them all.

angelatrekker
14th June 2008, 02:27
oh! haha. I forgot to give more infos. Actually the school doesn't have to be in London. It could be anywhere in Great Britain, but I prefer the UK since I have cousins there.

I'm already a pre-nursing student at a local college. I've been working on my photography degree and nursing degree at the same time. I will be getting my Licensed Vocational Nurse certificate and my associate's degree in photography next year. Because of the annoying system at my school (it willl take more than 3 years to earn an Associate degree..plus another year or 2 to earn a bachelors degree) I'm thinking that it's about time for me to take a huge risk. It would be best for me to travel, and earn my degree in another country. Actually, my very first plan is to just save money and then travel and work all over the world. Kind of like having an ultimate gap year. Buty then I love traveling and studying..so why not combine the two..

I will be setting up an appointment to the ff. schools:

1.Queen’s University Belfast
2.Florence Nightingale School of Nursing & Midwifery
3.Kings College London
what you think about these schools?

angelatrekker
14th June 2008, 02:31
Hi angelatreker,my friend from PI will come over to London as well to study nursing in St.patrick`s School in london.Good luck to you:)

Oh really! does she have any nursing background? when is she coming??? I'm gonna be there august next year. hopefully we get to meet or something.

angelatrekker
14th June 2008, 02:33
Welcome to the forum Angelatrekker. Are you coming to England to be a full time student or just want to enroll on minor subjects to be able to work?

full time. international students are allowed to work 20 hours a wk. so i think i'll be working also.

angelatrekker
14th June 2008, 03:31
[QUOTE=angelatrekker;71145]oh! haha. I forgot to give more infos. Actually the school doesn't have to be in London. It could be anywhere in Great Britain, but I prefer the UK since I have cousins there.
[QUOTE] I'm sorrry! I mean, I prefer London

lil John
14th June 2008, 03:36
Welcome aboard Angelatrekker

alicat
14th June 2008, 10:01
welcome to the forum...

Mrs Daddy
14th June 2008, 14:26
Oh really! does she have any nursing background? when is she coming??? I'm gonna be there august next year. hopefully we get to meet or something.

She`s just starting her paperworks right now.she`s actually a nursing graduate in PI but plan to study so that she could work her at the same time.

andypaul
14th June 2008, 15:02
full time. international students are allowed to work 20 hours a wk. so i think i'll be working also.

Do you have work already lined up like the US, the UK is about to be hit with a massive recession so jobs may not be easy to find which accomdate a students hours.

joebloggs
14th June 2008, 18:01
and it cost a lot to live here now, the money you would earn from 20hrs a wk will not get you far, and have you looked how much international student fees are :yikes:

angelatrekker
15th June 2008, 03:22
Actually the UK has programs that actually help students to find a job (as i was told). It would be better if I can find a job but I will do fine if not. I have save up $$. I've been working since I was 18 years old. And I also have financial aid (FAFSA) some of the money I don't have to pay back. I will also be getting a loan which you have to pay back (in certain amounts but not in full $$) 3-6 months after graduating and once you get a job:. US students are eligible to those kind of programs so I'm all good.

Piamed
15th June 2008, 03:30
Of course there is also the issue of getting accepted by one of the schools mentioned. Kings and Queen's are 2 good schools for medicine, but I don't know how hard it will be for you to get in to a nursing course.

angelatrekker
15th June 2008, 03:33
She`s just starting her paperworks right now.she`s actually a nursing graduate in PI but plan to study so that she could work her at the same time.

that's nice. I hope we get to meet someday. we can be instant buddies.

angelatrekker
16th June 2008, 02:33
Of course there is also the issue of getting accepted by one of the schools mentioned. Kings and Queen's are 2 good schools for medicine, but I don't know how hard it will be for you to get in to a nursing course.

Yeah! absolutely. That's why I'm going to visit those schools and see my chances. So far my school counselor said i'm qualified and shouldn't worry. But what the heck does she know abt. UK school haha.

Oh well! If this didn't go as planned then I'm just gonna go travel the world. :cwm38: