PDA

View Full Version : Money Transfer

linonat
13th June 2008, 12:21
Hi to all...
Sorry if this question has been asked before. Can anyone advise/ or have recommendations to the most reliable way of transferring money to the Phils?
Also the cheapest/quickest?

Many thanks in advance for all your replies

Terrielicious
13th June 2008, 13:09
i use xoom.com

joebloggs
13th June 2008, 14:02
use the search function :xxgrinning--00xx3:

but many on here use pnb europe - www.pnbeurope.com :xxgrinning--00xx3:

thou their web site looks like its down at the mo :Erm:

telford
13th June 2008, 15:02
Hi to all...
Sorry if this question has been asked before. Can anyone advise/ or have recommendations to the most reliable way of transferring money to the Phils?
Also the cheapest/quickest?

Many thanks in advance for all your replies

me and my husband use money transfer in nationwide bank...it only cost us 20pounds no matter how much u send...cheap compared to WU

joebloggs
13th June 2008, 15:07
me and my husband use money transfer in nationwide bank...it only cost us 20pounds no matter how much u send...cheap compared to WU

:yikes: only £5 to transfer upto £1,000 with pnb, and they give a good exchange rate, what rate do nationwide give :Erm:

:D

telford
13th June 2008, 15:09
:yikes: only £5 to transfer upto £1,000 with pnb, and they give a good exchange rate, what rate do nationwide give :Erm:

im not sure whats the rate now... is it still 5pounds even youre sending bigger than 1,000 pounds joe?

vbkelly
13th June 2008, 15:11
i used CBN SMART LTD £5 only up to £2,000.00 trasfer and its 24hour and a good rates aswell

telford
13th June 2008, 15:12
i used CBN SMART LTD £5 only up to £2,000.00 trasfer and its 24hour and a good rates aswell

that sounds good!:xxgrinning--00xx3: where can we pick the money here in phils?

joebloggs
13th June 2008, 15:28
im not sure whats the rate now... is it still 5pounds even youre sending bigger than 1,000 pounds joe?

no, it's £7 for up to £10,000

why how much are you sending each month :yikes:

vbkelly
13th June 2008, 15:34
that sounds good!:xxgrinning--00xx3: where can we pick the money here in phils?

in your bank account

gemini63
13th June 2008, 18:59
Just a suggestion, if u always send money to phil. try to hv extra debit card from hr in uk then send to phil. so that everytime u need money in phil. just deposit the amount needed to ur bank and withdraw in phil. the cost is only £ 1.50 per withdrawal. choose the machine of PNB in phil. so the rate is higher...or metrobank atm machines coz the maximum per withdrawal is 10,000 pesos, so can save the charges...Its what I did. I sent to my daughter our extra debit card hr that we dont use and just deposit amount needed everytime for expenses of some projects we hv in phil...

andypaul
13th June 2008, 19:01
Just a suggestion, if u always send money to phil. try to hv extra debit card from hr in uk then send to phil. so that everytime u need money in phil. just deposit the amount needed to ur bank and withdraw in phil. the cost is only £ 1.50 per withdrawal. choose the machine of PNB in phil. so the rate is higher...or metrobank atm machines coz the maximum per withdrawal is 10,000 pesos, so can save the charges...Its what I did. I sent to my daughter our extra debit card hr that we dont use and just deposit amount needed everytime for expenses of some projects we hv in phil...

If you had a nationwide account it may well be free of charges if you send over a debit card

gemini63
13th June 2008, 19:36
If you had a nationwide account it may well be free of charges if you send over a debit card

we send our halifax debit card to phil. and we dont see any charges from halifax in our bank statements, only the bank in Phil. wr we withdraw using their atm machines...

andypaul
13th June 2008, 19:39
we send our halifax debit card to phil. and we dont see any charges from halifax in our bank statements, only the bank in Phil. wr we withdraw using their atm machines...

Sorry i meant even then from what people report on here there are no charges even from the bank atm belongs to:xxgrinning--00xx3:

kimmi
13th June 2008, 19:49

we also do the same sis gemini..:):xxgrinning--00xx3:

linonat
13th June 2008, 19:50
vbkelly....i have googled CBN SMART LTD but i'm not getting anything up of relevance. Do you have a web address for this? Thanks

telford
14th June 2008, 00:33
no, it's £7 for up to £10,000

why how much are you sending each month :yikes:

were not sending money every month in phils.,coz were here in phils for 15months now:Rasp: were using nationwide to transfer our money for us to used in our stay here.:)

joebloggs
14th June 2008, 07:23
it's ok saying use your nationwide account because they dont charge you, or the atm charges you £1.50 but what exchange rate are they giving you ?? is it constantly less than pnb or other banks give you ???

at least with pnb you can check the rate. what rate does nationwide give you ??

as i'm sure most people know there is no such thing as a 'free lunch' someone pays, and maybe even if you do get to take your money out 'free' with nationwide or anyone else, they will make the money back on a lower £ to php rate..

vbkelly
14th June 2008, 09:16
vbkelly....i have googled CBN SMART LTD but i'm not getting anything up of relevance. Do you have a web address for this? Thanks

call this number 02072879626

vbkelly
14th June 2008, 09:23
here's the address CBN LONDON LTD 5th floor Goldsmith's House,137 RegentST,London W1b 4HZ and there website is www.cbngrupo.com

andypaul
14th June 2008, 09:54
it's ok saying use your nationwide account because they dont charge you, or the atm charges you £1.50 but what exchange rate are they giving you ?? is it constantly less than pnb or other banks give you ???

as i'm sure most people know there is no such thing as a 'free lunch' someone pays, and maybe even if you do get to take your money out 'free' with nationwide or anyone else, they will make the money back on a lower £ to php rate..

I asked that in a post a few months back and severaL chaps mentioned it was a very decent rate basically the daily rate at which all competive exchanges would be at i.e pnb

David House
14th June 2008, 10:48

Be careful with this. It works, and my wife has done it too, but the banks don't like it as the owner of the card is supposed to be present when the transaction is made. If they can see two cards being used regularly on one account, one in the Philippines and the other in the UK they may smell a rat. Best way is to have a "joint" account with your husband/wife and have cards in both names. Nationwide is best as they make no charge for withdrawals.

andypaul
14th June 2008, 11:35
Be careful with this. It works, and my wife has done it too, but the banks don't like it as the owner of the card is supposed to be present when the transaction is made. If they can see two cards being used regularly on one account, one in the Philippines and the other in the UK they may smell a rat. Best way is to have a "joint" account with your husband/wife and have cards in both names. Nationwide is best as they make no charge for withdrawals.

It may also invalidate any insurance or fraud cover you have with the bank.

Wheter technically/morally right or wrong.

Any chances they have to leave you with out cover and save money..

heinz_clarence
21st June 2008, 12:00
hello....wanted to help!! try to check this one www.xoom.com but i guess the receipt has no sender's name its cheap,fast it cost $4...

mike1
21st June 2008, 16:48
:doh We found LCC the best, , they charge £4 , no limit,bank to bank , easy to use after inital set up :xxgrinning--00xx3:

charlwill
21st June 2008, 18:44

Joe, I am using Nationwide now for 8 years and in my own experience their (Nationwide) exchange rate is higher compared to PNB or any other remittances centre.

joebloggs
22nd June 2008, 06:40
Joe, I am using Nationwide now for 8 years and in my own experience their (Nationwide) exchange rate is higher compared to PNB or any other remittances centre.

ok then, whats their rate now? can you tell online ???

pnb rate is 87.35

as for LCC where it tells you the exchange rate , it says " Service Unavailable" :NoNo:

raindear26
22nd June 2008, 20:25
IREMIT, 5 pounds if they have IBANK account, 6pounds for other banks

DianaKevy
18th September 2008, 13:31
hello everyone,

it seems xoom.com is an american website and i tried to money transfer online using the UK debit card but they dont accept it. would anyone please help me on what to do or is there any another option for money transfer.

thanks in advance for the replies.

kimmi
18th September 2008, 15:02
hi Diana, we use a debit card to send money to the Philippines..

DianaKevy
18th September 2008, 15:11
hello kimmi, how did u send it by xoom?

kimmi
18th September 2008, 15:20
hello kimmi, how did u send it by xoom?

oh sorry sis we're not using Xoom..we're using Natwest Debit Card..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

DianaKevy
18th September 2008, 15:33
hhmmm i see. we have abbey debit card and we've tried sending money thru abbey and its just that the charges is too high. just imagine 25 pounds fix to any amount of money sent. pang hold up diba?

kimmi
18th September 2008, 15:37
hhmmm i see. we have abbey debit card and we've tried sending money thru abbey and its just that the charges is too high. just imagine 25 pounds fix to any amount of money sent. pang hold up diba?

:omg::omg::omg::omg:yeah its too expensive sis..have u tried ung Nationwide??most of our friends here recommended it..so far we don't have any problems with Natwest sis we've been using it since I was still there in the Phils..:)

DianaKevy
18th September 2008, 16:06
:omg::omg::omg::omg:yeah its too expensive sis..have u tried ung Nationwide??most of our friends here recommended it..so far we don't have any problems with Natwest sis we've been using it since I was still there in the Phils..:)

AS IN :omg::omg:.....Do we have to be an account holder in Nationwide? or can we just send money from there without an account?

Ana_may365
18th September 2008, 17:19
no comments,coz until now i didnt try to open a bank account here in uk since the first time that i arrive here and up to now.me & my hubby tryed it b4 to open my bank account here or even joint account,but i have no chance.they said,i cant until im not yet a b.ctzen.thats why i always use W.Union to send some money to my children.

darren-b
18th September 2008, 17:33
no comments,coz until now i didnt try to open a bank account here in uk since the first time that i arrive here and up to now.me & my hubby tryed it b4 to open my bank account here or even joint account,but i have no chance.they said,i cant until im not yet a b.ctzen.thats why i always use W.Union to send some money to my children.

Couldn't open a bank account because you weren't a British Citizen? Which bank was that? You ought to try a different bank.

When my wife only had FLR the only trouble she had opening a bank account was providing two acceptable forms of ID. What we did in the end was to apply for a provisional driving license, and then use that along with her passport.

andypaul
18th September 2008, 18:42
I would like to state im in no way connected to them but if you need to open a bank account either HSBC or PNB should be able to help you.

You dont need to be a British citzen or even a resident.

You need a passport and proof of address the actual proof accept will vary but i know my wife was accept with HSBC with her passport and a utlity bill in both our names.

kimmi
18th September 2008, 19:39

:omg:what bank is it sis??when I arrived here on a fiancee visa, it's only a week when we go to Lloyds TSB and Halifax I dont experience any problems in opening an account with them..they just photocopy my passport and asked me to sign an application form..

and now that I am working here most of my salary are debited there by my employer..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I would like to state im in no way connected to them but if you need to open a bank account either HSBC or PNB should be able to help you.

You dont need to be a British citzen or even a resident.

You need a passport and proof of address the actual proof accept will vary but i know my wife was accept with HSBC with her passport and a utlity bill in both our names.

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: I very much agree Kuya Andy..:)

Ana_may365
18th September 2008, 20:51
its barclay bank.my hubby has an account with them for more than 30 years.thats why we dicide also to open an account for me or joint account,but like what i said b4 they didnt allowed me until im not a british citizen yet.and since then, we didnt try again to open an account to any bank here in uk.

darren-b
19th September 2008, 06:56
its barclay bank.my hubby has an account with them for more than 30 years.thats why we dicide also to open an account for me or joint account,but like what i said b4 they didnt allowed me until im not a british citizen yet.and since then, we didnt try again to open an account to any bank here in uk.

Barclays allowed my wife to open an account with them whilst she only had FLR. You must have got a (junior?) member of staff who didn't understand their rules.

fhara
23rd September 2008, 09:25
ill try to check xoom coz we usually use money gram...

fhara
23rd September 2008, 09:30
and its a litle bit cheaper he just send it to post office but when i claim it here in bdo its a money gram.. i think its 12/15 pounds every 100 pounds..

PeterB
23rd September 2008, 16:26
i think its 12/15 pounds every 100 pounds..
... as opposed to £5 for up to £1000, and £7 for up to £10,000
when using PNB. :doh

eljean
23rd September 2008, 16:58

Barclays is so strict...i tried too but they only let me have a cash card which have limited services and can only be use here in uk and on there cash machine they say that if i have a regular pay or money coming in they will upgrade it....:NoNo:

Try using http://www.suremoney.swift-cash.com/ they only charge 5 t0 6 pounds...

fhara
24th September 2008, 06:49
... as opposed to £5 for up to £1000, and £7 for up to £10,000
when using PNB. :doh

thats good than moneygram..:rolleyes:

vbkelly
24th September 2008, 08:41
my remittance charge me £5 up to £2,000.00